It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US firefight in Kut

page: 1

join
share:
dom

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
www.yellowtimes.org...

"Iraqi sources in Amman say that the resentment is sometimes manifesting itself in random attacks on U.S. soldiers. Al Jazeera today confirmed that an intense fire fight has broken out between U.S. forces and armed Shiite militia in the Iraqi town of Kut. Al Jazeera says that three U.S. soldiers have been killed and two wounded in the fire fight.

Al Arabiya TV network, however, says that the three U.S. soldiers were killed in "an accident" when a rocket-propelled grenade launcher misfired. It places the number of wounded at seven U.S. soldiers.

At press time, reports were coming in of violent demonstrations in Kut after the arrest of several Iraqi students by U.S. forces. "

This is the kind of thing that could turn the coalitions "victory" into the kind of "victory" we saw in Vietnam. Are any alarm bells starting to go off in Washington? Is it time to get the UN in there to try and reduce the heat a little?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm really surprised the plan didn't call for at least a "token" UN presense...

While I was for meeting the war objectives, I wasn't happy with the unilateral approach. As each day goes by without major WMD finds to justify the stated reason for war....it's looking more and more like a non-justified invasion, and occupation to the international community.... Bush better get on the ball here....and f*ckin' quick!

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
See it positive, Gazrok : If the US finds no WMD in Iraq, we will love the USA at least for not lying

new topics

join