It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NG Survey - more Americans believe in UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
According to recent National Geographic survey, more Americans believe in UFO existence (36%) as opposed to 17% who do not believe in UFO existence. About half in survey have said they are unsure.

If there was/is secret agencies agenda to promote disbelief in UFO and aliens, then they did really poor job.

The study, commissioned in anticipation of National Geographic Channel's "Chasing UFOs" series premiering Friday night, was not all serious, said Brad Dancer, National Geographic's senior vice president for audience and business development. Respondents were asked whether President Barack Obama or Republican challenger Mitt Romney would handle an alien invasion better (Obama won 65 percent in that contest) and which superhero they would call in to fight off the attack (the Hulk beat out Batman and Spider-Man).

Source: ABC News

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I guess these days with everything just being or looking wrong ... I guess people just need ...

Something to believe in ... For some, like myself, aliens are the one thing/species that could/may bring some change in this World of ours. Everything is just wrong everywhere these days ... Governments, Wars, Banks ... Anything and everything, so for me ... Aliens would be a breath of fresh air ...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
im not suprised by this

but the question is et ufo or simply a ufo as in unidentified and could be anything

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
I guess these days with everything just being or looking wrong ... I guess people just need ...

Something to believe in ... For some, like myself, aliens are the one thing/species that could/may bring some change in this World of ours. Everything is just wrong everywhere these days ... Governments, Wars, Banks ... Anything and everything, so for me ... Aliens would be a breath of fresh air ...

I agree but you wont find answers on youtube, you will find your own answers going out there and experiencing for yourself

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
For some, like myself, aliens are the one thing/species that could/may bring some change in this World of ours. Everything is just wrong everywhere these days ... Governments, Wars, Banks ... Anything and everything, so for me ... Aliens would be a breath of fresh air ...

Which reminds me of, and makes this Ronald Reagan quote sooooooooo much truer than ever:
"Cannot swords be turned to plowshares? Can we and all nations not live in peace? In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?" (Ronald Reagan, 21 September 1987, United Nations)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog

If there was/is secret agencies agenda to promote disbelief in UFO and aliens, then they did really poor job.

Is this logic? Maybe if there were not any "agencies" covering up the ET presence belief would be more like 98% or 100%, and the question would be pretty much moot, like asking "Do you believe in the existence of Germans?".

If this were an attempt at showing there is no ET coverup I suggest it was not successful.

If anyone is interesting in learning about the ET coverup, here is a good place to start:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Is this logic? Maybe if there were not any "agencies" covering up the ET presence belief would be more like 98% or 100%, and the question would be pretty much moot, like asking "Do you believe in the existence of Germans?".

If this were an attempt at showing there is no ET coverup I suggest it was not successful.

If anyone is interesting in learning about the ET coverup, here is a good place to start:

IMHO even if we were to be presented with ETs and let to know of any ties with ETs, large sum of humans would not believe it, and would thing of it as lie, just because their brain (priest/pastor) tells them otherwise. Some would even see evil in ETs.

I just think that if there is really campaign to make us believe in none existence of UFOs or ETs, then really all who are leading it should be fired. They are not doing good job, according to those surveys.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
According to CNN study over 80% not only believe in UFO's but government coverup, so this is manipulation of the stats I would say to try and make a majority into a minority. Its MOST who do.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
According to CNN study over 80% not only believe in UFO's but government coverup, so this is manipulation of the stats I would say to try and make a majority into a minority. Its MOST who do.

If you add 50% to 36%, you are a bit more then 80, and it all depend on kind of questions people were asked. It's all part of statistics.

The study, in which a random sample of 1,114 Americans 18 and over was surveyed, also asked what respondents would do if aliens visited Earth. Nearly a quarter said they would try to befriend the extraterrestrials, 13 percent said they would lock themselves indoors, and just one in 20 said they would "try to inflict bodily harm."

1 in 20, or 5% said they would try to shoot aliens...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

IMHO even if we were to be presented with ETs and let to know of any ties with ETs, large sum of humans would not believe it, and would thing of it as lie, just because their brain (priest/pastor) tells them otherwise. Some would even see evil in ETs.

I just think that if there is really campaign to make us believe in none existence of UFOs or ETs, then really all who are leading it should be fired. They are not doing good job, according to those surveys.

Or that it proves that there really is a campaign to make people believe IN the existence of UFOs and ETs. Forget what the priest and pastor tells you, seek the Truth from the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob yourself - for He is Truth.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Or that it proves that there really is a campaign to make people believe IN the existence of UFOs and ETs. Forget what the priest and pastor tells you, seek the Truth from the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob yourself - for He is Truth.

My friend, I tried to hear many things, but no one was telling me anything.... to those folks who did hear the voices, now days they get diagnosed with schizophrenia and set in room where they can't hurt them self. One of them, unfortunately was my good childhood friend and before we know how dangerous he was for him self, he killed him self.

I say - listen what fellow human tell you, threat him as you would your self and we will prosper - that is truth. We don't need imaginary friends...

Back to topic - evidence is summing, more and more people believe in UFOs and if there was ever contact between our governments and ETs, does this mean we are getting close to full disclosure?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Okay, I see what you are saying, you're not trying to make some grand point, just pointing out the irony which is funny.

And you are right, if disclosure happened, for a while, like a couple/few years there would still be those who if they hadn't seen an ET in person would probably not believe it due to religious reasons or being ultra skeptics etc.

new topics

top topics

join