It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK police arrest six terrorism suspects, surround bus on M6 Motorway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

UK police arrest six terrorism suspects, surround bus on M6 Motorway

www.heraldsun.com.au

BRITISH police closed a major motorway after an 'incident' following the arrest of five men and one woman in London on suspicion of terrorism.

Armed police and dozens of emergency vehicles closed off a section of the M6 highway in both directions surrounding a passenger bus.

The BBC, citing unidentified sources, reported that the incident involved a passenger who poured a substance into a box, causing fumes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Earlier in the morning, armed British police carried out a raid on a residential address near London's Olympic Park, using smoke grenades and a stun gun in what they called a pre-planned anti-terror operation.

A total of six people were arrested there and in separate raids in other parts of the capital

Intelligence officials say there has been an expected increase in chatter among extremist groups ahead of the games, but there are still no specific or credible threats targeting the Olympics. The terror level is labeled substantial, a notch below severe. A substantial threat level indicates that an attack is a strong possibility.

Either Shiite (
) is getting real or these are scare tactics being used to freak the public out...

Either way, with a terror threat of substantial and increased chatter, Sounds like things are starting to heat up. Raids, arrests...i wonder what else will come under this so called "Pre-planned Anti-Terror Operation."

www.heraldsun.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The latest news is that its nothing to do with "terrorism".
The coach has just left on its merry way.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
the coach was a false alarm and nothing to do with london arrests

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Good to know that it was a false alarm. Even still, i don't like the sound of increased chatter...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Video Info -

LONDON (AP) - London police have detained two British Muslim converts on suspicion of terror offenses Thursday, a U.K. security official told The Associated Press.

The official, who spoke only on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly, said it wasn't clear whether the arrests were related to the upcoming Olympic Games. Security is tight ahead of the London games, which begin on July 27.

More
jacksonville.com...

Operation Blackjack (Raid Slide)
www.telegraph.co.uk...

M6 Toll Closure
www.birminghammail.net...

Operation Blackjack (MI5 Slide)
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Current MI5 Terror Threat Level
www.mi5.gov.uk...

For Those Unaware -

Operation Blackjack (Print)
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Operation Blackjack (Video)
youtu.be...

PLEASE REMAIN VIGILANT IN JULY!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
yeah,Sky news reckon the whole coach affair this morning was wait for it....

Someone smoking an Electronic cigarette.

No BS.

The other arrests sound more serious.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
My gut instinct is that the bus incident was a pre-arranged practice run for police / bomb disposal / emergancy services in the lead up to the Olympics ... but without the knowledge of the passengers (with the exception of the suspicious guy and maybe the person who raised the alarm) so that they could work with real reactions ... seems plausible to me.

Think about it ... if they had announced the M6 being closed in both directions there would have been hell to pay from the public ... but to just do it without notice they can see how it would pan out under real conditions.

Woody

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I completely agree,and mentioned the same idea in the other thread.

Did you notice how casual all the cops and fire men looked as they were waiting around BEFORE they supposedly knew there was no danger?
Almost like they knew all along there was no threat..

I bet you are correct-it was a planned drill.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Did you notice how casual all the cops and fire men looked as they were waiting around BEFORE they supposedly knew there was no danger?

Great minds think alike

Your right about the casualness of the police etc ... and they certainly wouldn't have just let the bus continue that easily surely ... if they did then that in itself is a concern.

Woody

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yep and it was a way to over hype the 'Islamist' and 'Muslim' words to manipulate the public again. Sounds like they are planning another False Flag attack.

The Media loves to program the public. Just look at the comments on this yahoo article. Muslim Hatred is not the word used to describe the idiot public thoughts and views!!

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
Yep and it was a way to over hype the 'Islamist' and 'Muslim' words to manipulate the public again. Sounds like they are planning another False Flag attack.

The Media loves to program the public. Just look at the comments on this yahoo article. Muslim Hatred is not the word used to describe the idiot public thoughts and views!!

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Looks like the theater season has begun. The M6 bus debacle was an enormous over reaction. I bet the smoker said it was an electronic cigarette. It could well be that there was no electronic cigarette and the arranged the bus to be stopped on the motoways at a place it could be filmed from many directions.

And those Muslims arrested in London, the authorities said it was unrelated to the Olympics and there was no threat of imminent attack.

I bet all of the 6 will be released in a few weeks without charge.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Paranoia much guys?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

This is a photo of one of the converts plus some of the story:

www.thesun.co.uk...

A MUSLIM convert who told of his hatred for Britain in a TV documentary was among six terror suspects held by cops yesterday.

Former BBC security guard Richard Dart, 29, who now calls himself Salahuddin, was arrested in the street by counter terror officers.

A 21-year-old man and a 30-year-old woman were held at a nearby home in Ealing, West London. And in Stratford, East London, former community cop Jahangir Alom, 26, was held along with his brothers Mohamed Alomgir, 24, and Moybur Alom, 18. Smoke grenades were used in the raid and a man was tasered.

The home is less than a mile from the Olympic site, but Scotland Yard denied there was a plot to attack the Games.

What puzzles me is why did we they allow these groups to organize themselves in the UK? Should never ave let them get a foothold.... i fear this will continue for a good while until all of them are rounded up and shipped out!!

edit on 5-7-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

The Brits showed the world on 7/7 that they could do the 9/11-two-step-shuffle pretty well ... for a bunch of limeys.

new topics

top topics

join