It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People Hate Fox News the Most?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Right, every news agency slants their news and opinions... The main reason that I listen to Fox, at times, is just to hear about the dirt on the democrats and obama. Honestly. The left leaning stations are not gonna tell you about the bad things in the health care bill, for instance, but Fox will certianly have someone on that will call it out...Even if it is their opinion. Same for government spending and much of the financial mess that's going on overseas and here in the states, that you don't really hear about on CNN and others. And by contrast, if there was a republican president, then I would most likely listen more to CNN and the like to hear about all the dirt they can dig up on a republican pres.

It's good to have diversity because truely, if you or I were not "there" on site, for whatever story, then we really don't know what happened.

Media Matters is a joke to me, as I have been there many times to read some dirt on the right side, to help balance my views, only to see that the things they call Fox out on seems more minor than anything of real substance. Or they will pick out some clip and just advertise it without commentary or nitty gritty details to back up their side of it...as if just to have it on their website should be enough to question it's veracity.

Glen Beck was hated (and still is) by alot of people, and always seemed to have something plastered on Media Matters about him, but since he has left the network, many of his theories and idea's about Obama and the agenda of a NWO seem to be playing out fairly close.

Anyway, that's why I watch it, to hear the points of view and discourse against the left.....but spend most of my time on sites like this.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
[people hate fox because of who and what they support and stand for, that and propaganda is now legal so they cannot be trusted at all

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbansrealppl

Who do you trust then? I'm not supporting Fox but who do you trust for your news?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dxdydz

I go online and access all avenues of the news, never FOX, which I have access to through television and the internet and I live in Canada, I read numerous news papers and then come to my own conclusion of whats going on in the world, dont really care about the U.S. and its #$y situation, not to be a pric$. Its amazing how much the information changes depending who you read, FOX is so right its not funny, its a joke. I dont know how anyone can take them seriously.

Its sad to think people actually listen to that sh#t and draw conclusions on this miss information.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gibblets

So do I
Fox is my least favorite but i watch it anyways to get an overall view of whats going on. I read NPR online, BBC, watch CNN, although I can't stomach MSNBC. I'll read news wherever it comes from and then form an opinion based on facts not bias.

Not sure why you thought I was promoting Fox

Re-read what I wrote with logic and reason and not emotion.
edit on 6-7-2012 by dxdydz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dxdydz

They all have their slant and agendas. The truth is usually in the middle.
Luckily with the internet we can get many different views of the same topic and use our brains to piece it together. Along with people with internet connections spreading first hand accounts around with ease (in most countries) though I suspect that when translation becomes easier the internet control will squeeze a little tighter.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dxdydz

I agree....I like to get all the sources I can and that lets me balance all of them out and get closer to the truth. All of them have bias to them and the truth is somewhere in the middle....

Fox is my least favorite for the news though. I think the biggest qualm I have with them is they use the slogan "fair and balanced" and they obviously aren't. If they used the slogan "News from a Conservative viewpoint" or something equivalent, I could respect them much more, but they're just so blatant in the lying that it bothers me.

That's probably one of the reasons I like The Daily Show and Colbert, they're honest about skewing everything and trying to make it funny. They don't hide what they're doing... of course they aren't actually news shows, but they do use the news in their shows.

I guess the bias doesn't bother me as much as the disguising of the bias. Just flat out say "this is the viewpoint we're coming from" and we can at least respect that they're somewhat honest in what they're doing instead of just flat out distorting everything.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Thank you for a logical post.
I'm not the enemy here just trying to be a voice of reason.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I agree with you as well.
One thing I do these days is read the news instead of watching it.
I want the straight facts not opinion.
And I certainly don't want my news spoon fed to me with an emotional soundtrack. That's Hollywood.
I digress.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dxdydz

Oh I know you were just talking and asking a serious question.
I was just feisty earlier because the OP asked a question with no intention of actually learning or evolving their opinion. I have considered starting a free local zine with actual fair and balanced presentations of news stories.
For the truth and for fun.
edit on 6-7-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gibblets
reply to post by dxdydz

I go online and access all avenues of the news, never FOX, which I have access to through television and the internet and I live in Canada, I read numerous news papers and then come to my own conclusion of whats going on in the world, dont really care about the U.S. and its #$y situation, not to be a pric$. Its amazing how much the information changes depending who you read, FOX is so right its not funny, its a joke. I dont know how anyone can take them seriously.

Its sad to think people actually listen to that sh#t and draw conclusions on this miss information.

So what is your opinion of the cbc?
BTW happy canada day

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dxdydz
reply to post by gibblets

So do I
Fox is my least favorite but i watch it anyways to get an overall view of whats going on. I read NPR online, BBC, watch CNN, although I can't stomach MSNBC. I'll read news wherever it comes from and then form an opinion based on facts not bias.

Not sure why you thought I was promoting Fox

Re-read what I wrote with logic and reason and not emotion.

LOL cnn is one of the worst places to get news, just like fox in that regard.
I find fox extremely entertaining because it sometimes exposes the sheer lunacy of modern political arena.
To get news, you need a few sources, and then deduct the truth from there so attacking the only right leaning source is pointless. Why do people want to supress conservative values?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

That was an example of a few sources meant to convey that I try to listen to all the networks or read from them. It wasn't meant to convey the only news I watch and listen too. Geez why attack me. I'm trying to say I'm open minded and try to learn from many sources. So much anger.

And also I didn't mean to convey I was left or right with those sources. You assumed that.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dxdydz

Did not say you were promoting FOX, just stating my opinion. I actually don't know who to believe anymore.

I wake up in the morning and read the local news, and then see whats happening in the world, usally through BBC, or Al jazeera. And then sometimes I don't, to depressing,

What a sad world we live in.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dxdydz

That was an example of a few sources meant to convey that I try to listen to all the networks or read from them. It wasn't meant to convey the only news I watch and listen too. Geez why attack me. I'm trying to say I'm open minded and try to learn from many sources. So much anger.

And also I didn't mean to convey I was left or right with those sources. You assumed that.

I'm not angry at all. CNN is worse than fox by far with the rhetoric it pumps out. Its as bad as fox was during the other war.

edit: take it easy dxd, i'm out

edit on 6-7-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Actually maybe I shouldn't have said CNN. CNN is pretty bad

No offense taken.
I was just trying to say I get my news from many sources

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I will stop and watch Fox now and then, but NEVER to get news. Mostly I stop on it to see what kind of manipulation they are using, checking the angles, and then sometimes I just scope it out to angry up my blood.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Lol if you're still watching FOX news at this point in the game, I truly wish for your sake that you're one of the 1% elite. Unbelievably, after the constant warmongering, lie after murderous lie and non stop cheerleading for billionaires vs the middle and poor classes, we still have organisms that support and defend them. CNN, ABC and MSNBC all lie and prop up the left-right charade, but FOX is just putrid in its overt support for the elite.

If you watch, believe in and support FOX news, you are the enemy.

Now moan and complain, I dont give a freak.

Lots of "embarrassed" millionaires in this forum...
edit on 6-7-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
There all lieing it doesn't matter what one you watch

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

heh BBC is so boring though... only good thing on British tv is top gear imo

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join