It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People Hate Fox News the Most?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
then it gets like this...

-All of us right now, arguing about which news channel is better...
(probably what they want... the classic Democrats Vs. Republicans)

We are always so bent up on "who is Right"
Fact is none of us are RIGHT at the moment, because most of us don't know the truth.
I wish everyone in the US one day would take a step back, bash thier TV with a baseball bat,
and focus on the whole picture of things.
--News in US = Propaganda--

Many people still have waking up to do.

Yes and No. We are not trying to argue why one is right and one is wrong. I think the OPs point is that why is Fox news automatically discarded and wrong when other news sources are considered credible sources on THIS site? Its all slanted one way or another. But in my opinion at least Fox will report on things that some of the others shy away from because they dont want the president or this administration to look bad. Right or wrong, at least they are putting it out there. But why are they automatically a joke when others seem to be taken seriously. You can tell me CNN and MSNBC are any better.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

The way I see it is that all these people are being duped. They want to trust a news source. They know they can't trust the liberal media after they placed Obama up on a pedestal so they turn to Fox News. There are multiple instances where Obama has literally banned Fox News from White House press conferences and he has refused to go on the channel since after last year's super bowl and his interview with o'reilly.

People want to watch Fox News and then they feel betrayed when they lean conservative or do something out of the mainstream because they are different!!!!!! How can you yell at a network for trying different things, that are apparently working in the ratings?

Makes no sense to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by buster2010

Maybe because it offers entertainment value after 7PM? Conservatives like to watch liberals get humiliated. It's fun!
It's entertainment.
Murdoch knows that this is what happens after 7PM he created the idea!!!!!!

So it's not really news, just helping to maintain the left right argument by baiting liberals. what do you guys in the US consider News?

As I said i'm glad we don't have the partisan baiting and "opinion" pieces in our news. It just reduces the quality of intellectual debate, but then i guess some Americans find that a bit boring.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

So it's not really news, just helping to maintain the left right argument by baiting liberals. what do you guys in the US consider News?

A lot of people think all of the news is propaganda, which is just plain wrong. Whenever a piece mentions politics forget it! However, most things in the US before 7 PM is news. With a few sneaky comments thrown in by the reporters leaning one way or another.

It's called freedom of speech!
edit on 5-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I can tell you a LOT about how this all works because my wife worked in the industry for quite some time, and indeed worked at a public station, and two corporate networks...one being Fox.

But I doubt you're interested in the truth.

The truth is just as nasty as the chanting "Fox Lies" people say. Oh but there's more.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's not people, it's LIBERALS who hate Fox News.They hate it because Fox News gives conservatives a voice and because it is critical of liberal thought and philosophy. Because, according to liberals you're just supposed to accept that they're right and bow down before them. If you don't, you're a racist/homophobe/misogynist/bigot and you have to shut up and not express your opinion. Liberals believe that only liberal opinion should ever be expressed and that anything else has to be shut down using any dirty trick they can.

All in the name of being tolerant, of course.

You want to be tolerant, don't you? THEN BE A LIBERAL!

edit on 5-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

No I don't want to be tolerant!!!!!

Thank you for your answer though. I will happily stay a Republican

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Exactly.. If you are a Republican you are a "sheep". But blindly voting for whatever democrat is being put up is totally different. And they think if they scream that Romney is the same as Obama long enough people will leave Obama alone. Its very predictable.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

well some republicans want you to vote a single way as well....

But most republicans love to debate which person in the primaries should be President.

Most people on Fox News actually were hoping for Santorum and might have given him a bit more media coverage than say Gingrich.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I agree and I liked him. I had not made up my mind yet but its my mind to make up and just because I typically vote Republican and live in a Republican dominated state doesnt make me a sheep. It just means the area of the country I live in has different values than Democratic dominated areas.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'm not a Liberal and I hate Fox News.

So this doesn't hold water with me.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Fox "News" (news is in quotes for a reason) is and should be hated by anyone with a brain (just like the rest of the msm).

he attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdoch, successfully argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

On February 14, a Florida Appeals court ruled there is absolutely nothing illegal about lying, concealing or distorting information by a major press organization. The court reversed the $425,000 jury verdict in favor of journalist Jane Akre who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information. The ruling basically declares it is technically not against any law, rule, or regulation to deliberately lie or distort the news on a television broadcast.

source

Put your political leanings to the side. Yes, Fox leans to the right. CNN and MSNBC lean to the left. I lean to the left. You will not see me defending CNN or MSNBC when they lie. Why do those on the right feel the need to defend Fox when they lie?

Anybody who can read the above court case can see clearly that Fox is not a reliable source of information. They lied, took the case to court, and won the right to continue lying. Using the most basic elements of the scientific method, it can be deduced that Fox "News" has and will willingly lie to their audience.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Why do those on the right feel the need to defend Fox when they lie?

Because liberals like you use stupid unofficial blogs that state that they are on the web to bash Fox News as a source to prove that they are lying... BTW, I am talking about lying on the air, not lying in the court rooms...

If that was the topic of this thread, we could be here all day with just this one case.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I hate faux news because they lie.
They say they are 'fair and balanced', but they clearly aren't.

IF they said "news from a conservative view", I'd be fine with them. They'd be saying what they are and I would have no issue with that. It's the fact that they outright lie that bothers me. If they lie about something as simple as their slogan, they're going to lie about everything else that comes down the pike.

I try to look at various news sources objectively, all sides and find the truth somewhere in the middle. There are no completely objective news sources out there and any that claim to be is giving away their lying ways from the get go.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

In my opinion, the flaw in modern journalism is a total lack of objectivity. I think Fox unnecessarily gets attacked for showing a counter argument, although they almost certainly bring it on themselves for employing their "over the top" right leaning hosts. But who can blame them. Ratings rule and ad dollars win. Infotainment is the name of the game now and a large majority of Americans don't take the time to learn about a topic themselves. They'll allow a "pretty" pundit do the thinking for them. I learned in my very first week of journalism class, in order to formulate an objective stance, find 5-7 credible sources before writing your piece. I seriously doubt in a 24/7 news cycle, anyone is getting anywhere close to that number of sources and the news editors are allowing the garbage to flow. Garbage in. Garbage out. And we all suffer for it. JMO.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Fox News - very biased...

This and similar unprofessional staff along with their main agenda made it very unpopular.

In other words, anything closely related to Bush, not very welcomed.
edit on 5-7-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
To get the truth, you have to watch both opposing sides and find the truth somewhere in the middle

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Maybe because it offers entertainment value after 7PM? Conservatives like to watch liberals get humiliated. It's fun!
It's entertainment.
Murdoch knows that this is what happens after 7PM he created the idea!!!!!!

After 7pm oh please. The only way they can humiliate anyone is by their highly edited videos that shows what they want to simple minded people who are unable to search for anything on their own. Next time your glued to the joke called FOX learn how to tell time because the "news" starts at 6pm. I see FOX news has already taken it's toll on you because your comment on how they are conservatives means the fair and balanced crap is nothing but a lie.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
So am I the odd one out thinking that the only honest news show is the Daily Show?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Nightly news starts at 7PM Opinion shows start at 8PM

Evening News is from 4-6

Afternoon News is from 12-4

Morning News is from 9-11.

Not really sure how you can call me stupid for saying what is truth!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join