It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LIBOR Scandal is the Biggest Scandal in History - Every Human on the Planet has been Ripped Off!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

99% of VP level execs at the largest banks are not in the "cabal." they set the tone for the traders however. Most of the men and women I know working on Wall St with homes in the Hamptons try to do the right thing and are proud of their job. They are taking advantage of their position to make as much money as possible. I don't fault them for that. I'm going up their next weekend as I have for the last 10 years.

Each year it gets harder not to wonder when the mid-level people are going to be slammed back to earth with us working saps. I'm afraid I will take some perverse pleasure when it happens.

edit on 5-7-2012 by zarp3333 because: Spellink

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
unavailable.

Did anyone keep vid the video and if so can you share the link. Please pm me if you dont want to post it here.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
this is only one aspect of life they are ripping us off, lest not forget the food air and water they are poisoning

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Good editorial in the Torygraph about why Gordon Brown 'dumped' the UK's gold between 1999 and 2000 - another banking crisis averted by the people.

Revealed: why Gordon Brown sold Britain's gold at a knock-down price

Also, Barclays now claims that the Bank of England was behind the price-fixing scheme!

www.businessinsider.com...

These are the videos I know about:

The original one I posted:

A UK friendly copy:

edit on 6-7-2012 by idealord because: Added story about Barclays claiming BOE involvement.

edit on 6-7-2012 by idealord because: cleanup

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The new front page here SUCKS ASS! Who the # thought this was a good idea?????

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
There is so much going on in the financial world at the moment... I feel something is a brewing in the background. I get the feeling this elite banking cabal isn't going to last too much longer. I hope so anyway.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam
The new front page here SUCKS ASS! Who the # thought this was a good idea?????

indeed.

and with regard to the banks, i can't wait for the day i get to kick a rich bankers face in.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
There are now moves in the UK to take action. Protests are being arranged, even by the military after 20,000 jobs were announced to go. There are groups popping up all over the place planning to start letter writing campaigns to their MP's and their banks, demanding an explanation and how they might have been affected. The plan is to send a tidal wave of complaint to disable the banks.

And isn't this the way it always ends up? Generally only those who are affected in a direct way (& usually by way of the pocket) are the ones who make any noise, and only a fraction of those

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
What if rates were fixed to be lower? Then you benefitted if you took out a credit.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
What if rates were fixed to be lower? Then you benefitted if you took out a credit.

What if they went higher and you lost your home or business. No compensation I imagine.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Since certain banks are being accused of artificially LOWERING interest rates (i.e., so borrowers pay less), can someone explain to me why this post claims we are all being ripped off?

Seems to me like normal folks are borrowers as opposed to lenders so they were required to pay less interest.

It might be a scandal and a crime ... but I don't see how the average man was harmed by this.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeguy987

They didn't just lower it, they fixed it daily to accomodate their needs for the day. So it depends when you took out your loan or creditcard as to how it would have effected you. It may have meant some people lost their homes and business's because they were on fixed rate loans.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeguy987

Since certain banks are being accused of artificially LOWERING interest rates (i.e., so borrowers pay less), can someone explain to me why this post claims we are all being ripped off?

Seems to me like normal folks are borrowers as opposed to lenders so they were required to pay less interest.

It might be a scandal and a crime ... but I don't see how the average man was harmed by this.

It also gave a false impression of the banks themselves and how stable they were. We've made decisions on bailing out corporations and banks based on such information, people put their money in such institutions based on their perceived security, entire economic forecasts are judged taking these things into account.

This isn't simply about a rate being fixed and it potentially harming the public in their interest rates, this is about a fundamental aspect of banking being completely false, and every decision having been made taking those numbers into account is therefore incorrect.

It also suggests that there are other figures which could have been manipulated also. If they are willing to lie in this instance to make a little extra cash for themselves, what else have they lied about?

However you look at this their actions have harmed the economy, potentially put us all at greater financial risk, for their own profit.

Oh, and lets not forget that it's also corruption between a monopoly of banks who agreed to all play the game. They're supposed to be in competition with each other, thereby providing a fair system for customers. They rigged this so that they could all take a slice of money while lying to the public.
edit on 6-7-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
There is so much going on in the financial world at the moment... I feel something is a brewing in the background. I get the feeling this elite banking cabal isn't going to last too much longer. I hope so anyway.

I feel there is some sort of mis-direction taking place, like we are watching the hand out front whilst the illusionist is preparing the "reveal" with the other.
I'm not sure what the culmination of this trick will be, but, a lot has come to light over the last few weeks, it all seems a little too contrived.
All to convenient, especially now, why now?, is what i am asking myself.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
i am amazed that the rate fixing was only found out to be the norm since 2005...

i've supposed that there was a very quiet rate fixing scheme going on since i joined the work-a-day-world as far back as 1965...
especially when the Nixxon regime did their wage & price controls & the WIN (whip inflation now) campaign...and the very high interest rate period for a couple years when Treasuries were @ ~8% or more and Banks Money-Market certificates were up to 12%...

LIBOR was at 8% when i needed to finance $15k on my property during 1979 and that was several years after the early '70s inflation crunch

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

and they were.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeguy987

Its an inter bank rate not the rate the customer gets charged. If they know they have fiddled the rate do you think they would lower the customer rate ? OF COURSE NOT!

Needless to say they would have no hesitation in raising the customer rate if Libor went up !!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

I feel there is some sort of mis-direction taking place, like we are watching the hand out front whilst the illusionist is preparing the "reveal" with the other.
I'm not sure what the culmination of this trick will be, but, a lot has come to light over the last few weeks, it all seems a little too contrived.
All to convenient, especially now, why now?, is what i am asking myself.

indeed we all need to be vigilant of the old bait and switch routine here, lest we end up with the same criminals running a new and improved one world bank game on us. i'm unsure where this will go if anywhere, but i do know it is in the peoples best interest to never let these criminals work in banking, finance or trading ever again.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
You can rage about this new "scandal" if you want, but why don't you rage about the fact that they don't really possess the money they lend you, - money they create the moment you ask for a loan, - and the fact that they charge you interests for that non-existent money ?

They are like the lying shaman of the tribe, they can ask the sky to bring the rain and they demand you that you give some gifts, and you rage over some % of the gifts you give, instead of questioning the shaman on his alleged power to bring the rain. What you don't know is that the shaman is able to see the natural signs announcing the rain, because he has been taught by a shaman of another tribe long ago.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
SFO launches Libor investigation

and now the # is hitting the fan

The Serious Fraud Office (SFO) has confirmed that it has formally launched an investigation into the rigging of the inter-bank lending rate, Libor.

Earlier this week, it said it was considering whether criminal prosecutions would be possible.

An SFO spokesperson confirmed that a dedicated case team had now started work.

Its involvement follows an investigation by US and UK regulators into the manipulation of Libor.

After that, Barclays agreed to pay a record £290m fine for trying to rig the key interest rates, sometimes working with staff at other banks.

The SFO would say who it is investigating. Its short statement said only: "The SFO Director David Green QC has today decided formally to accept the LIBOR matter for investigation."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join