It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's 'Dreams From My Father' - a whole lot of FICTION

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This world is full of lies what do you expect? I can agree with all your points though.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
really who freaking cares? OP cares way too much about obama. Your kids are reading bull# in school? whoa big surprise. wanna know something even more surprising? they've been reading bull# in school decades before anyone knew who obama was.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
so was powells speech to the UN about WMD

he's so ashamed of those lies he's a recluse

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

All of the anti-Obama posts are driving me crazy. He is our president! What happened to the days we respected our president! I hated Bush but I respect him because he was our president. I didn't post threads evey day saying we have a drunken drugged out frat boy in the white house? Why? Because it wasn't true, maybe when he was in colleage but so what.

I wish we could go back to the days where it was taboo for the normal Joe to say who they were voting for, now we shove it down each others throats.
edit on 7/5/2012 by Djayed because: I'm a math guy

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
the osama obama family is one of the most stupid families that has ever existed on the face of this planet, everything they do is a lie and they think they are still fooling people

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed
All of the anti-Obama posts are driving me crazy. He is our president! What happened to the days we respected our president! I

You are kidding, right? Just because a politician gets elected, we are all supposed to turn a blind eye to corruption, lies, manipulations, and money making schemes??? Really? That would be insane.

Originally posted by Annee
I ignore the hyperbole crap - - and listen to facts.

And what Obama presented in the book .. he presented as fact. He painted an picture of himself in a certain way so as to present a false image and therefore to gain votes. So how do you know what is fact and what is the fake picture? It's impossible to know unless someone investigates .. like this person did who wrote and exposed the lies of Obama's book.

eta -

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
really who freaking cares? OP cares way too much about obama.

Everyone should care that a politician lied and painted a false picture of himself to get votes and to bamboozle a lot of people out of money.

edit on 7/6/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The rationale of those defending Obama's lies is just mind bending. The truth is out there somewhere and if we weave together enough of Obama's lies, fibs, half truths, misspeaks, etc it will come out.

30 plus lies told on the pages of "Dreams..." have been illuminated for all to see. Amazingly, that's OK to his "believers" Amazing. The lies do not matter when they involve Obama. Yet apply the same investigative standard to Bush or Romney etc and these same folks would storm the white house.

FF Have you tried one of those chocolate filled Twinkies yet?
edit on 6-7-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Inventions, eh? Another word for LIES and MANIPULATIONS. We shouldn't be surprised. He lied all through the election ... claiming a relative that liberated the Jews in WWII ... claiming that the civil rights march (and the Kennedys) are how his parents got together .... etc etc. His book should NOT be on the required reading list at the schools. (and it is ... at least around here it is). It's nothing more than propaganda.

He ALSO lied about having Native American ancestry, by claiming his great grandmother on his maternal side was full blooded Tsalagi, (Cherokee). It's a lie because there are no Natives on the rolls and his maternal grandmother was Irish and his paternal grandmother is Kenyan.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

Fox News is a credible website. Fox News is fair and balanced. Fox News it not biased. Do not question the OP's source for this information because it's credible in all regards.

Stay tuned for more factual information about politics from Fox News. That is all.

No one needs Fox, CNN, or any other news outlet to know that Obama is a liar.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
My favorite Michelle statement is also the statement that said it all regarding Obama's fable. The truth certainly lies in this statement during a prepared speaking engagement on the campaign trail in 2008.

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

Michelle loves to hear herself talk. Let them talk long enough and they end up exposing their own lies. I can't believe I voted for him, but not again!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
My favorite Michelle quote

"We have an amazing story to tell," she said. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."

-- Michelle Obama

With over 42 million people on food stamps, and it's going up every day, and those who have lost their homes and jobs and are living in tent cities and in their cars..... I beg to differ. And what was the one thing Obama said would take place upon his inauguration? What was that he said? He would close Gitmo and end the tortures there? Ohhh what fairy tales and lies. What else did he promise the Crow nation? He said he would would provide funds so that children will stop dying from lack of health care on their reservation... what's that you say? No new health clinics built? Oh... that's right, they never got those funds until 7 children had to die for it to happen. This man is not for America. He is a muppet, a talking head, a figure with no back bone.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman

He ALSO lied about having Native American ancestry, by claiming his great grandmother on his maternal side was full blooded Tsalagi, (Cherokee). It's a lie because there are no Natives on the rolls and his maternal grandmother was Irish and his paternal grandmother is Kenyan.

This is false. The quote from the book says:

If asked, Toot [Obama’s maternal grandmother, Madelyne Payne Dunham] would turn her head in profile to show off her beaked nose, which, along with a pair of jet-black eyes, was offered as proof of Cherokee blood.

But an old, sepia toned photograph on the bookshelf spoke most eloquently of their [grandparents Stanley and Madelyne Dunham’s] roots. It showed Toot’s grandparents, of Scottish and English stock, standing in front of a ramshackle homestead, unsmiling and dressed in coarse wool, their eyes squinting at the sun baked flinty life that stretched before them…in their eyes one could see truths that I would have to learn later as facts…that while one of my great-great grandfathers, Christopher Columbus Clark, had been a decorated Union soldier, his wife’s mother was rumored to have been a second cousin of Jefferson Davis…that although another distant ancestor had indeed been a full-blooded Cherokee, such lineage was a source of shame to Toot’s mother [Leona McCurry Payne] who blanched whenever someone mentioned the subject and hoped to carry the secret to her grave.

"Distant ancestor" is not the same as maternal great grandmother. Could it be that YOU are lying???

edit on 6-7-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

reply to post by TheTardis

DONE

I don't waste my time with any "tunnel vision anti-Obama" person.

I stated my viewpoint. I am not debating it.

Awesome.. So since I cannot be convinced that Obama is our savior I am a "tunnel Vision Anti-Obama Person" I could absolutely say the same. Your going to blindly follow this man off a cliff because he says so? That sounds like Cult thinking to me. And since I dont agree with you I am not worth talking to. Yes bury your head in the sand. It helps.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by TheTardis

But what they dont all do is use a book full of fiction to help gain control of the most powerful nation in the world.

So, you think Barack Obama became the president because of his memoirs? Everyone read the book and decided he's the guy... Ok.

Dont put words in my mouth please. That is never helpful or responsible. I never said he became president. If you actually read what I said it says "help gain" which to any rational thinking person would mean it contributed. So are you saying you dont think him writing a book that painted this lovely story about his background didnt weigh in the decision of the Democratic party to put him up there and didnt weigh in the decision of ANY SINGLE voter? because if it swayed just one person it "helped" correct? Are you seriously going to put the blinders on and tell me it didnt help at all? Really? Are you going to try and convince me of that? Because its going to be pretty hard.

Seems you guys can't have a discussion without putting words in other people's mouths.

Love that statement given the fact that you just put words in my mouth. Hello "Pot"
edit on 6-7-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I voted for him because of his intelligence and that he is a methodical thinker.

Where did you get that impression from? From him. And considering that he lies and manipulates in order to get votes and money, can you trust the info that you get from him to be able to be sure of that opinion you have formed of him?

I ignore the hyperbole crap - - and listen to facts.

I almost spit coffee out just now when I read this. Which facts are those? The ones he said? Because those are mostly lies, not facts. Or the ones the liberal media is tell you are facts? Which fabricated "facts" are you listening to? I promise you that I dont know the facts so I will stop short of trying to tell you what to think. But I do know that what is coming out of his mouth are not facts.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Be assured . . .America is awake to the lies of the TeaBags. When they speak, they like. One word for ya baby . . demographics. You're white America is JUST about done.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat

Be assured . . .America is awake to the lies of the TeaBags. When they speak, they like. One word for ya baby . . demographics. You're white America is JUST about done.

Try telling That to the 10's of millions who had good jobs a few years ago and are now on "assistance".

They will not vote for Obama.

They want the jobs back, not the pigeon splat !!

Count on it

edit on Jul-06-2012 by xuenchen because: (
)

edit on Jul-06-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

I almost spit coffee out just now when I read this.

Not my problem.

I find the odd human phenomenon of directing thoughts to the negative - - instead of the positive - - bizarre.

I never listen to political speeches - - because they are "designed" by speech writers for a specific purpose.

I do look for and read sites that try to present unbiased comparisons. I also try to find personal comments about a person - - no matter how small - - which may seem insignificant to some - - but not to me.

As far as Obama's book - - - - like anything hyped (negative or positive) - - - - I will wait til he is out of office before I read it.

I didn't see the Exorcist until 10 years after its released date. NO I am NOT comparing Obama to the Exorcist.

I avoid hype. I dig for what appeals to me in the positive.

One case in point. Former President Clinton's comments about Africa being the future of untapped resources. I doubt many hung on those words as significant.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Has Romney written an autobiography? Cuz from what I've heard, he can't remember much of anything, especially certain incidents of hazing, assault and battery, and impersonating an officer of the law...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

Fox News is a credible website. Fox News is fair and balanced. Fox News it not biased. Do not question the OP's source for this information because it's credible in all regards.

Stay tuned for more factual information about politics from Fox News. That is all.

You are right about Fox News, but one doesn't need Fox to know that much of the material in this book was fabricated. I too find it disturbing that he paints one picture, say about his upbringing, while the facts point in the completely opposite direction. I cannot stand that kind of blatant misinformation, from anyone, and the president is no exception.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join