It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's 'Dreams From My Father' - a whole lot of FICTION

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Wow.. Does he have a unicorn and float on rainbows too? I love how he gets a pass. So the fact that he lied and continues to lie is ok because he had to do it to get elected so he could make things better for us? When is that suppose to start?

Where in my post does Fantasy occur?

Where did I say he lied?

Reading comprehension. Read the words - - - don't interject your own.

edit on 5-7-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

There is a big difference though in recalling the same event from different viewpoints and completely fabricating a story. I do know what you are saying but fabricating details isnt the same as just varied perspectives.

That is your claim.

Since you did not grow up with Obama - - - your opinion is not valid. It is just an opinion.

Really so if I remember an event like say a birthday party with a mickey mouse theme growing up but I write a book and say my party was a Disney world when I know damn well it wasn't. Thats ok? Its not ok to just flat out lie about things. I couldnt get away with it and he shouldnt either and your not going to pawn it off as him just not remembering right. You yourself bragged on how intelligent he is. Do you think he just forgot things? Or do you think you he was smart enough to know a lie sounded better. You can paint him as just a kid that forgets things and also as "Intelligent and Methodical".

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Wow.. Does he have a unicorn and float on rainbows too? I love how he gets a pass. So the fact that he lied and continues to lie is ok because he had to do it to get elected so he could make things better for us? When is that suppose to start?

Where in my post does Fantasy occur?

Where did I say he lied?

Reading comprehension. Read the words - - - don't interject your own.

edit on 5-7-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Exactly. Reading Comprehension. I did read what you wrote and your talking in circles. First you said you dont believe he lied when its proven that he did. Its fact. And then you said he plays the game basically. What exactly do you think that means?

First you have to get elected to affect change. NO ONE is gonna get elected without playing the political campaign game. NO ONE.

We dont live in a fantasy world. I know you think that your guys is great no matter what he does but he did lie and he continues to lie.
edit on 5-7-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If Obama can do it, then so can I.

My autobiography.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Really so if I remember an event like say a birthday party with a mickey mouse theme growing up but I write a book and say my party was a Disney world when I know damn well it wasn't.

I think I read somewhere Obama said he mixed up two separate events.

However - - between my daughters and myself - - there's been some memories like that.

I swear - - there's got to be some shifts in realities and multiple universes. I don't know any other way to explain it.

People remember different things and remember them differently - - - some will focus on small details that are important to them - - - and be completely amiss on the bigger picture.

From personal experience. I remember having a birthday party at home in the back yard - - - they remember going to an amusement park. Can't explain it. It is definitely a weird phenomenon. Probably mixed up two separate events.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Really so if I remember an event like say a birthday party with a mickey mouse theme growing up but I write a book and say my party was a Disney world when I know damn well it wasn't.

I think I read somewhere Obama said he mixed up two separate events.

However - - between my daughters and myself - - there's been some memories like that.

I swear - - there's got to be some shifts in realities and multiple universes. I don't know any other way to explain it.

People remember different things and remember them differently - - - some will focus on small details that are important to them - - - and be completely amiss on the bigger picture.

From personal experience. I remember having a birthday party at home in the back yard - - - they remember going to an amusement park. Can't explain it. It is definitely a weird phenomenon. Probably mixed up two separate events.

Trust me.. I understand what your saying but things like whether you come from a broken home or not, whether you mom was married or not. Things like that are not simple slips. They are absolute fabrications to change the image the public may have of that person. I dont condone that. Getting some details wrong is one thing but where you were raised and big things. You dont get those wrong unless it is on purpose. I would venture a guess that your daughters know what state they were raised in and whether you were married or not.
edit on 5-7-2012 by TheTardis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

So Obama didn't lie.

He just shifted between parallel universes.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

So Obama didn't lie.

He just shifted between parallel universes.

That always happens to me. Especially when I need an excuse for who ate all the oreos. lol

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

Obama is a fraud, from top to bottom. He is a puppet and a front and people
need to start looking at the powers behind him, responsible for his meteoric
rise to stardom.

This is a magicians trick. Keep us focused on the left hand, while the
right hand gets on with business.

OPINION - OPINION - OPINION

Clearly this is a very GOOD magician...

Annee's post and MANY just like it make that very obvious.

It makes me genuinely SAD to see so many people fooled while this nation is being destroyed...

The deception of so many here on ATS is one of the saddest things I have ever seen...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Exactly. Reading Comprehension. I did read what you wrote and your talking in circles. First you said you dont believe he lied when its proven that he did. Its fact. And then you said he plays the game basically. What exactly do you think that means?

You are interpreting and injecting your own words and views.

I stated - - NO ONE gets elected without playing the political game. That is a fact.

You could be trying to get elected dog catcher. It doesn't matter what the position - - if it relies on people voting for you. If you don't get elected - - you can not affect the policies and changes of that position.

NO ONE can ever hold to every promise they make in good faith - - - because rarely is any position a 100% full control position. There is almost always opposition and factors you are not aware of until in the position.

Sorry if logic fails you.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So how did you know Obama would do what you elected him for if you knew he was a liar?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You are interpreting and injecting your own words and views.

I stated - - NO ONE gets elected without playing the political game. That is a fact.

You could be trying to get elected dog catcher. It doesn't matter what the position - - if it relies on people voting for you. If you don't get elected - - you can not affect the policies and changes of that position.

NO ONE can ever hold to every promise they make in good faith - - - because rarely is any position a 100% full control position. There is almost always opposition and factors you are not aware of until in the position.

Sorry if logic fails you.

The logic doesnt fail me. Its the warm and fuzzy spin your putting on it that I dont get. Its like my grandma who thinks that she will never have anything bad happen to her because she prays. Thats great but she fails to see that the bad guys dont prey and dont care that she does.

The "Game" you are talking about does involve Lies and Pandering. It always has and if you cant see that then maybe instead of trying to put me down with your "logic fails you" and "Reading Comprehension" comments you should go look at some facts and listen to some campaign speeches.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

DONE

I don't waste my time with any "tunnel vision anti-Obama" person.

I stated my viewpoint. I am not debating it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Annee

So how did you know Obama would do what you elected him for if you knew he was a liar?

Where did I say Obama was a liar?

Again - - - interpretation and injecting your own words.

I STATED - - - I voted for Obama because of his intelligence and methodical thinking. Pretty simple.

There are many factors taking any new position - - - no matter what that position is. Logic and Reality.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Where did I say Obama was a liar?

Um, here.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

But what they dont all do is use a book full of fiction to help gain control of the most powerful nation in the world.

So, you think Barack Obama became the president because of his memoirs? Everyone read the book and decided he's the guy... Ok.

reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You don't think people voted for him based on his life 'story' and the image he projected from it?

I certainly didn't. And I can't speak for people I have never even met. Can you? I don't know the reasons people voted for him, I only know MY reasons. And his book has nothing to do with it.

Your position is that it's okay that he lied

I have never said it was OK that he lied. At all. For any reason.

Seems you guys can't have a discussion without putting words in other people's mouths.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The company then invested in medical waste disposal. Part of medical waste disposal was aborted materials. All of this is legal and out in front so everyone can see it. So how was this a 'lie'??

This medical waste business that "some" seem to be blabbering about is ridiculous. Someone had to clean up the mess, now didn't they? Trying to make it sound like the actual investors were out doing the dirty deed is like saying an investor of a steakhouse goes out and kills the cows.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I voted for him because of his intelligence and that he is a methodical thinker.

Where did you get that impression from? From him. And considering that he lies and manipulates in order to get votes and money, can you trust the info that you get from him to be able to be sure of that opinion you have formed of him?

OPINION - OPINION - OPINION

Gotta' say the same about your post that I quoted above. You think he's intelligent and a methodical thinker. That's your opinion based on what you've chosen to accept about him.

I don't waste my time with any "tunnel vision anti-Obama" person.

The anti-Obama people got that way because of the facts .. like the fact of this thread that he lied and manipulated to get money and votes. Side note ... I've seen more than a few 'tunnel vision pro-Obama' people here.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And his book has nothing to do with it.

His book was used by the O-Bots at MSNBC etc etc to paint a picture of him that isn't true.
OF COURSE this influenced the election (as well as book sales and Obama's income)

I have never said it was OK that he lied. At all. For any reason.
Seems you guys can't have a discussion without putting words in other people's mouths.

I'm looking to be VERY sure of what you are saying .. because I'm having a hard time following it. You said his lies and manipulations in order to change his appearance and get votes and money didn't bother you. But you claimed the same thing about Romney and you said it did bother you. I'm wondering why the money/vote making lies and manipulations don't bother you about Obama but it does bother you about Romney.
edit on 7/5/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I voted for him because of his intelligence and that he is a methodical thinker.

Where did you get that impression from? From him. And considering that he lies and manipulates in order to get votes and money, can you trust the info that you get from him to be able to be sure of that opinion you have formed of him?

I ignore the hyperbole crap - - and listen to facts.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join