It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's 'Dreams From My Father' - a whole lot of FICTION

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
I believe I did just that. Did you not read my entire post?

Yep .. And I'm encouraging more ... have at it .... it's too hot to do much of anything else. Let's rip open all the POTUS' self selling books and their made up stats and facts. Considering we are talking about politicians, that'll keep us busy all afternoon!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
No surprise there.

Looks like is ss# is a work of fiction too.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I believe I did just that. Did you not read my entire post?

Yep .. And I'm encouraging more ... have at it .... it's too hot to do much of anything else. Let's rip open all the POTUS' self selling books and their made up stats and facts. Considering we are talking about politicians, that'll keep us busy all afternoon!

Naaah, I've got better things to do today. I think I provided enough examples to prove my point.

By the way, I think it's ironic that all the people quoted in your article actually defend Obama, instead of discredit him. Kind of a weak article, if it was meant to make Obama look bad.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Even after all these years, there is still controversy with this man...............
Not made up controversy either. NO ONE knows this man,including,I should say,his father.......

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I saw one post slamming FoxNews, but you can't argue about modern day technology.
Everyone knows Google is anti America and pro Obama, yet there own algortithms can sniff and detect writings styles and identify the author.
Call it writing recognition for lack of a better word.

And yes, these Google algorithms have confirmed that Ayers actually wrote Obama's book.

Moonbattery: Google Algorithms Confirm That Bill Ayers Wrote Obama's Autobiography

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Question ... On this thread you took Romney to task for supposedly telling lies.

And those lies make a difference to his voters, don't they? Romney's lies about not making money on abortions may make a hellofa difference to his voters. As I said, whether or not Obama's memoir is 100% true makes no difference to his voters. I don't care whether or not his mother was married when he was born or if one girlfriend is a composite of many.

But here we actually have Obama telling lie after lie after lie. Real lies that are verified.

I haven't seen one lie verified. I've seen words like "unlikely" and "doubtful".

Enjoy your popcorn.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Romney's lies about not making money on abortions ...

You keep saying he lied and that he said he did not make money on abortions. Would you please give us a link to him saying this? He 'converted' to prolife in 2004 (I have no idea if he really did or if he's just pandering - but being a politician I'm thinking 'pandering') .. but that's the date he gives as going 'prolife'.

He was invested in a company prior to that. The company then invested in medical waste disposal. Part of medical waste disposal was aborted materials. All of this is legal and out in front so everyone can see it. So how was this a 'lie'??

I haven't seen one lie verified. I've seen words like "unlikely" and "doubtful".

Read the book .. or at least the clips from it. Looks pretty verified to me (and I'm obviously not the only one).

You say you don't care about Obama's lies, the fact that he calculated and misrepresented himself to people around the world; that he got his lies sold to public school systems to make a bunch of money; that people around the world bought his lies and he made money off them. You say you don't care about these things. If it were Bush43 acting like this would you then care?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You say you don't care about Obama's lies,

That's not what I said at all. My position is that whatever "lies" he has told in this book are irrelevant to his presidency. They are lies about irrelevant stuff. His parent's marriage, who left whom, a girlfriends' name... Stuff that doesn't matter.

I know Obama has lied, and about stuff that is pertinent to his presidency. THAT stuff bothers me. Not what he wrote in a memoir years before he even ran for president.

You say you don't care about these things. If it were Bush43 acting like this would you then care?

How many threads or posts have you seen from me about Bush43's memoirs and the lies within? That's how much I care.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
With all the thousands of question marks surrounding Obama, I'm sure that 10's of millions of voters (especially the ones who had good jobs recently taken away) are wondering if the Obama "story" is 100% fabricated.

Obama's entire life story could be a fable.

It seems every day practically, we hear some new question about his background.

btw, does the "Dreams" book (or any book) get into any details of his time in New York at Columbia ?
(particularly the year 1981)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Autobiography is rarely completely true.

When I get together with my 2 daughters - - who are now both in their 40s - - and we reminisce about our early life.

Its like we all lived completely separate lives. I swear we must all slip in and out of alternate universes - - - because I have a completely different recollection of shared events - - and each of them have completely different versions of the same event.

Personal memory "truth" - - definitely seems to be a subjective phenomenon.

Honestly - - I think we have a lot to learn on how the brain memory works.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by brianmg5

I read the article before I found your post. I wasn't criticizing the content of your story I was criticizing your source. You come attempting to deliver information to an audience (some of which already agree with you, some of which don't) in order to show them all what you found and you use Fox News as your source? Good luck reaching anyone who doesn't agree with you as your source has zero credibility as the political spinning arm of Rupert Murdoch.

Anyone with half a brain isn't going to read what you've posted because they'll assume it's just more lies or bias from Fox News.

You do realize that Fox is just reporting the information from trusted sources as you read in the article. You could easily read the same article from Reuters if they had the balls to publish it.

Have you read "Dreams"?

Did you read about Obama admitting to the creation of composite girlfriends in his book?

Attacking Fox just to attack Fox is a child's game. Attack the information that they are conveying. Prove that they are wrong. Better yet prove that Obama is not a liar.

Just go watch MSNBC and you'll be just fine
BTW I quoted them regarding Michelle's major revelation just to appeal to the "faux news" haters.

Too Funny!!

Not attacking fox, just saying they're not a credible source of info. It doesn't matter if the material is true or not, no one can really know because it's from Fox. I would say the same thing if it was quoted from CNN or MSNBC.

Prove that Obama is not a liar? Prove that any politician throughout history isn't a liar... Politicians lying is not news, it's the norm. Name one president throughout our history who hasn't lied.

So you're saying that you posted information from fox news to frustrate a specific section of your audience? Why are you trying to frustrate your audience? Or are you here for stars, slaps on the back, and confirmation of your beliefs instead of honest debate? Maybe you're just here to make political jabs, aka trolling?

Who's being childish here?

edit on 5-7-2012 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

Seriously.. So your conceding that the material is true but since Fox said it you are going to ignore it? Do you realize how ignorant that is? Whether you like it or not they are still a news source and they do have articles and stories and reporters and they do cover current events. You may not like what they have to say but at least they are saying it. But being a 5th grader about it is just silly. And its funny if there was a article saying how great his book was on CNN's website I bet you wouldnt be jumping in bashing it. Would you? Answer that honestly to your self. You dont have to tell the rest of us. We already know the answer.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Why single Obama out? Why not admit that his autobiography is no more untrue than any other president's autobiography/memoirs?

Many of Bush's literary misdemeanors exemplify pedestrian sloth, but others are higher crimes against the craft of memoir. In one prime instance, Bush relates a poignant meeting between Afghan President Hamid Karzai and a Tajik warlord on Karzai's Inauguration Day. It's the kind of scene that offers a glimpse of a hopeful future for the beleaguered nation. Witnessing such an exchange could color a president's outlook, could explain perhaps Bush's more optimistic outlook and give insight into his future decisions. Except Bush didn't witness it. Because, as he himself writes later in the book, he wasn't at Karzai's inauguration.

www.huffingtonpost.com... &utm_content=FullStory&utm_term=Daily+Brief#s180911&title=Tommy_Franks

In possibly the greatest advance in literary criticism since the invention of papyrus, former president Jimmy Carter has been slapped with a $5 million law suit over alleged inaccuracies in his controversial 2006 book Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid

flcenterlitarts.wordpress.com...

Clinton's former advisor Dick Morris wrote a rebuttal named Because He Could, criticizing My Life. In the book, Morris presented what he believed to be factual inaccuracies of different events depicted in My Life.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

I could go on and on....

Your right. to an extent they all do it. But what they dont all do is use a book full of fiction to help gain control of the most powerful nation in the world. Think about that one for a second.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

When I get together with my 2 daughters - - who are now both in their 40s - - and we reminisce about our early life.

Its like we all lived completely separate lives. I swear we must all slip in and out of alternate universes - - - because I have a completely different recollection of shared events - - and each of them have completely different versions of the same event.

Personal memory "truth" - - definitely seems to be a subjective phenomenon.

Honestly - - I think we have a lot to learn on how the brain memory works.

There is a big difference though in recalling the same event from different viewpoints and completely fabricating a story. I do know what you are saying but fabricating details isnt the same as just varied perspectives.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

My position is that whatever "lies" he has told in this book are irrelevant to his presidency. They are lies about irrelevant stuff. His parent's marriage, who left whom, a girlfriends' name... Stuff that doesn't matter.

You don't think people voted for him based on his life 'story' and the image he projected from it?

Okay .. just so I can be clear about your position .... let's go over one more time ....

Your position is that it's okay that he lied and misrepresented himself in order to gain votes and bamboozle people .. it's okay that he sold his lies to the public school system and got a ton of money for it ... it's okay that he sold books full of lies and snookered people who believed him out of their money? That's all okay because, somehow, the fact that he's a liar and a manipulator for money and votes are irrelevant to his presidency. Did I get that right?

So how is Obama telling lies and getting paid for it and faking a public image any different from what you are claiming Romney did? You claim Romney lied about his investment in a company that handled medical waste in order to get votes with a fake public image. Obama lied in order to get votes AND to make money off the people he was telling the lies to. So how does Obama get a free pass but Romney gets nailed?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

This is a good explanation of what I mean by author, Robert Stone:

Source

Question: Can memoirists ever avoid fictionalizing themselves?

Robert Stone: No, I don't think they can, because as soon as you change something from life to language, you're changing it. You're changing it in this ineluctable way. It isn't the same. It's something different. And when you put it into language. Even if memory didn't distort, which memory does, you're still changing it. You can't help it.

Yes, but this is the f* president of the united states.
He should be above reproach.

Which leads me to believe that these errors are inserted intentionally.

Obama is a fraud, from top to bottom. He is a puppet and a front and people
need to start looking at the powers behind him, responsible for his meteoric
rise to stardom.
This is a magicians trick. Keep us focused on the left hand, while the
right hand gets on with business.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

You don't think people voted for him based on his life 'story' and the image he projected from it?

I didn't.

I voted for him because of his intelligence and that he is a methodical thinker.

He said he would form committees and address each issue by carefully studying it - - - and only then would a decision be made to act on recommendations.

Do I think he lied during campaigning? NO. I think he is a good guy and believed in what he proposed - - - as much as possible in a presidential campaign. Same as everyone else.

First you have to get elected to affect change. NO ONE is gonna get elected without playing the political campaign game. NO ONE.

Did Obama have full knowledge of what it is to be president. Doubtful. EVERY new president who emerges from that first briefing looks like death. NO ONE knows what is revealed to them in that first briefing after being elected. It must be a life changer though - - from the toll it takes on each one of them.

The presidency is a team - - - it is not one person. Obama is not going to get everything he wants - - - anymore then citizens are going to get everything they want.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

There is a big difference though in recalling the same event from different viewpoints and completely fabricating a story. I do know what you are saying but fabricating details isnt the same as just varied perspectives.

That is your claim.

Since you did not grow up with Obama - - - your opinion is not valid. It is just an opinion.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

how many anti-obama voters would actually hate him enough to drive to a voting station, wait in a long line and cast a vote for romney.

not many, they'll most like stay at home and watch t.v. cursing obama and hoping he loses.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb

Obama is a fraud, from top to bottom. He is a puppet and a front and people
need to start looking at the powers behind him, responsible for his meteoric
rise to stardom.

This is a magicians trick. Keep us focused on the left hand, while the
right hand gets on with business.

OPINION - OPINION - OPINION

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I didn't.

I voted for him because of his intelligence and that he is a methodical thinker.

He said he would form committees and address each issue by carefully studying it - - - and only then would a decision be made to act on recommendations.

Do I think he lied during campaigning? NO. I think he is a good guy and believed in what he proposed - - - as much as possible in a presidential campaign. Same as everyone else.

First you have to get elected to affect change. NO ONE is gonna get elected without playing the political campaign game. NO ONE.

Did Obama have full knowledge of what it is to be president. Doubtful. EVERY new president who emerges from that first briefing looks like death. NO ONE knows what is revealed to them in that first briefing after being elected. It must be a life changer though - - from the toll it takes on each one of them.

The presidency is a team - - - it is not one person. Obama is not going to get everything he wants - - - anymore then citizens are going to get everything they want.

Wow.. Does he have a unicorn and float on rainbows too? I love how he gets a pass. So the fact that he lied and continues to lie is ok because he had to do it to get elected so he could make things better for us? When is that suppose to start?

You make it sound all warm and fuzzy. I just hope you will give the next president the same courtesy if he happens to be a Republican. Remember that you said all of this in 4 more years please. Because nothing is the presidents fault, its a team effort and anything that is said during campaigning is meaningless because they have to say it to get elected. And they dont have to follow through on anything because they learn once to get elected that they cant do those things. Just mark that down and pull it back out in a few years when your complaining about Mitt Romney not doing what you want him to do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join