It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army To March On London...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have no doubt the Police will Police the event just like any other demonstration.

If it's peaceful everything will be fine and the troops will be supported.

If it turns ugly, then orders are orders which need to be acted upon.

No difference to any other event.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Are there any news sources about this "march on London"? I am not doubting you one bit, just curious as to whether this has become public, thus formal, or not.

Anyway, I wish my British friends the very best of luck. You guys are in quite a bad situation across the pond, albeit probably not any worse than us in the US. I was reading that PM Cameron has called for a referendum on the EU for after the next general election which just stinks of lies. He honestly believes youse will be fooled into going for that. Unfortunately I know little about the severity of the military cuts except the 20,000 troop cuts and Britons complaining that it is basically a "slap in the face" of your great, proud history.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This is off our own backs mate.. No doubt it will make the news soon and as soon as it does I will post links.. We are actively seeking publicity and have spoken to several media organisations..

What is great though is the response from the public..

Kudos to the British people

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
I have no doubt the Police will Police the event just like any other demonstration.

If it's peaceful everything will be fine and the troops will be supported.

If it turns ugly, then orders are orders which need to be acted upon.

No difference to any other event.

I think the police will be respectful and so will we.. I think they know better than to rile us...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I don't think it has anything to do with knowing better than to rile you.
It's simply down to mutual respect. We are all fighting for our jobs right now. The recent Police march was for a similar cause...Jobs... and public security.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbeit

Well on July the 28th there'll be a great deal of former soldiers, maybe some serving regular and TA lads and hopefully many thousands more civilians who would support our men and women to the very last. Let's see if you are brave enough to express your feelings to them in person. I doubt very highly that you would.

If I was in the U.K. I would probably be there, but since I live in Aotearoa, I will reserve that for our own troops, while still holding this opinion regarding troops in general. I like the way you very subtly invoke a threat against those who disagree with the whole point of your 'work'.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
yeah we need more wars !!!

wait, what ?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

This has got nothing to do with "needing more wars".. In fact, by cutting our defence we're sending the signal out to those that would wish us harm that we're not up for a fight..

Every time the UK has sent that signal, War has followed...

EDIT: And everytime someone thought the UK was being weak/avoiding a fight and started a War, they've had their arses kicked...
edit on 5/7/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
reply to post by EvanB

I don't think it has anything to do with knowing better than to rile you.
It's simply down to mutual respect. We are all fighting for our jobs right now. The recent Police march was for a similar cause...Jobs... and public security.

Yes and I supported the police... Hope they return that..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I hope so too, good luck with the cause

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Reminiscent of I, Claudius in Ancient Rome when the Praetorian Guards faced unemployment and elected Claudius the emperor.

Is England above a military coup? These men could cause havoc.

Watch out Conman.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by syrinx high priest

This has got nothing to do with "needing more wars".. In fact, by cutting our defence we're sending the signal out to those that would wish us harm that we're not up for a fight..

Every time the UK has sent that signal, War has followed...

EDIT: And everytime someone thought the UK was being weak/avoiding a fight and started a War, they've had their arses kicked...
edit on 5/7/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

Its funny how history repeats itself hey??

These exact conditions happened in 1930.... What happened next???

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Yup! Not only was there the 1930's, but 1982 is another good example. 1914 also, Germany believed the UK hadn't the stomach and with it's small BEF believed it didn't have the clout. There are more examples too, but the point is that if you appear weak, someone will come and have a go. By appearing strong, we should never have to fight.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by EvanB

Yup! Not only was there the 1930's, but 1982 is another good example. 1914 also, Germany believed the UK hadn't the stomach and with it's small BEF believed it didn't have the clout. There are more examples too, but the point is that if you appear weak, someone will come and have a go. By appearing strong, we should never have to fight.

They was right, the BEF did not have the clout, but the every day Joe got in every boat they could find and rescued them!! Under fire... Civilians rescuing their army under fire and on the sea.... THAT is my awesome England! and what we fight for..

Then those same people had to defend the nation... World even... And won..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Would actually love to see the police try and "kettle" in a few thousand army soldiers... Oh my, im having a vision.. yes, i see.. I see... KARMA.

I do hope the army gets their arse in gear and actually fight FOR THEIR COUNTRY. I wonder what our pal David's response would be. Probably accuse you of being scumbags

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
With the current round of cuts in the armed forces including the loss of several historic English regiments the troops, both serving and ex serving, have had enough...

We are organising a march on London to give the government what for.... If you want to piss someone off, best not do that to battle hardened British soldiers...

These regiments have 400 years of tradition behind them, much blood spilled under those colours... This will not stand...

On the plus side, with my conversations with the lads, they have woken up to the fact that our government is the REAL enemy... It is also good to see that many lads are coming on the march too..

This will get messy..

For Camoron..

Could you descibe in more detail the precise nature of your concerns, thanks.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Would actually love to see the police try and "kettle" in a few thousand army soldiers... Oh my, im having a vision.. yes, i see.. I see... KARMA.

I think they know better than to try that...

Good luck to all of you anyway, I hope it goes well.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
First and foremost, my support (for what it's worth) is freely given in this worthwhile endeavour.

I don't know if others are seeing it but a unique opportunity is forming right now, on this very site, on social networking and wherever else the ether may carry our voices. The chance for all manner of concerned citizen of the UK to stand together as one and say to those "born to rule" in their ivory towers, "Enough!"

It behoves us all, soldiers, students, workers, unemployed, the disabled and the able bodied to stand shoulder to shoulder with our sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers that make up this fine country and with a single force of will proclaim, "ENOUGH!"

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join