It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army To March On London...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Ok, maybe I'm not reading this right, but...
Isn't cutting the military a good thing?
Don't we all complain that they spend too much on it as it is?

Not at the moment its not.. We also have troops in theatre today hearing that they will be getting sacked soon... I expect some "issues" there!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by keldas
reply to post by EvanB

Its about time the Army and the Police stood up for the common folk of England against this criminal elite.

Its a shame that it has come to this to do it... Im glad the troops are waking up... Im also glad that we are in the mood to give them a spanking...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Not sure what i make of this to be honest. On the one hand, we have no money (no point deluding ourselves otherwise), on the other hand we need an effective Armed Forces.

I have to say, at least they are still investing in new toys and tech for the boys - would be even more scandalous without this.

Also, quite interesting that no Scottish Regiments are being axed - conspiracy there for us ATS'ers? What with the Scottish Independence vote coming up......

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wulfric
I'm fully behind ya, but knowing how much of a deal this is why would the government approve the march? This could be the start of something huge if the police start playing dirty.If the march goes ahead it'll send shivers straight up all of the corrupt politicians.

But yes...replacing the army with mercenaries is NOT a wise idea.

The government have not approved nothing.. We could not care less what they approve of or not...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Also, quite interesting that no Scottish Regiments are being axed
reply to post by Flavian

Thats not true mate.. The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders are being axed..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by Wulfric
I'm fully behind ya, but knowing how much of a deal this is why would the government approve the march? This could be the start of something huge if the police start playing dirty.If the march goes ahead it'll send shivers straight up all of the corrupt politicians.

But yes...replacing the army with mercenaries is NOT a wise idea.

The government have not approved nothing.. We could not care less what they approve of or not...

That's the spirit!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Ok, one Scottish Regiment then. And they were predicted to bear the brunt of the cuts too.

Private Armies are the way the world is going, unfortunately. Just check out how many "Security" firms like Blackwater have popped up over the last 10 years. No point the Multinationals controlling everything if they don't have some boots to call on!

Ban the lot in my opinion but have absolutely no idea how that could be enforced.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by EvanB

Ok, one Scottish Regiment then. And they were predicted to bear the brunt of the cuts too.

Private Armies are the way the world is going, unfortunately. Just check out how many "Security" firms like Blackwater have popped up over the last 10 years. No point the Multinationals controlling everything if they don't have some boots to call on!

Ban the lot in my opinion but have absolutely no idea how that could be enforced.

Unfortunately true...

In a democracy, should we have not gotten a vote on this?? They did not get mine or your mandate to approve this crap.. Private armies, private police forces, private jails...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

"- Ignorant foreigner who think we owe them a dime for their history
Define an "ignorant foreigner". Do you mean people who come to the UK after our military has bombed the crap out of their country? Or do you mean other members of the EU doing jobs that our pathetic teens think are below them? Lesson for you, England was built on "foreigners". There is no pure English race of people. Our entire society came about as the result of invasion, migration and conquest over thousands of years. You are the result of "foreigners" to this land. "

The British are defined by their history and culture of the last 1000 years, rather then the make-up of the genes. That was such a typical naive comment left by a leftist reacting to "OHMAHGAHD, RACISM", that shows only a slight understanding of that makes someone British.

P.S. My friends work in Coffee shops, Subway, and other jobs apparently "below" them.

edit on 5-7-2012 by nostromo85 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2012 by nostromo85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Gone beyond that now, unfortunately. Money talks and global governments don't have any! Over the next few years i expect to see all sorts being pushed through Parliaments in every part of the planet: oil explorations rights opening up; fracking permits being granted left, right and centre, etc.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Of all the times to cut military - now is definitely not the right time.

I don't know- to me, it's always a good time to cut the military.
The world is always on the brink of war, at least it has been for the 50 years I've been around.
There will never be a "right time", so any time's a good time.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Of all the times to cut military - now is definitely not the right time.

I don't know- to me, it's always a good time to cut the military.
The world is always on the brink of war, at least it has been for the 50 years I've been around.
There will never be a "right time", so any time's a good time.

I would love to see all the swords turned into ploughshares but this is the real world.. Its a dark and violent place with violent men wishing us harm.. Without our deterrent we would be walked over in no time..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

When I read your post headline I thought 'its about bloody time they came to boot these fanatics out of London' and then I read what you actualy posted so good luck with that.....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by EvanB

When I read your post headline I thought 'its about bloody time they came to boot these fanatics out of London' and then I read what you actualy posted so good luck with that.....

The amount of anger that is around lets just say you never know...................

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Its interesting how cuts to the army has garnered more response, passion and conversation than my thread on "Austerity puts a universal free NHS in doubt".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Show some passion for the NHS guys and gals! We need to save it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Great news guys 100% of us British public are behind you, the Police ought to support them too, and strike till Cameron see some common sense, he is a real tw - t and apart from his Muslim Brothers we all hate him, he is crap, needs sorting out asp.
Remember only 17% of British people voted for Cameron, and only 48% of people voted in that election, so he carrys very few English people with him, he could easily be got shut of if our UK workers down tools and strike.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Its interesting how cuts to the army has garnered more response, passion and conversation than my thread on "Austerity puts a universal free NHS in doubt".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Show some passion for the NHS guys and gals! We need to save it.

They would not dare to touch the NHS.. Besides that.. They will need the NHS once we have been through them..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
Great news guys 100% of us British public are behind you, the Police ought to support them too, and strike till Cameron see some common sense, he is a real tw - t and apart from his Muslim Brothers we all hate him, he is crap, needs sorting out asp.
Remember only 17% of British people voted for Cameron, and only 48% of people voted in that election, so he carrys very few English people with him, he could easily be got shut of if our UK workers down tools and strike.

Agreed... I would love the country to go on general strike for a few days...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

The way I see it is that there is never a good time to cut our Armed Services.

We need strong, modern and professional Armed Services at all times.

What we should be doing is making sure that they are not deployed on illegal and immoral wars and campaigns that are solely manufactured to serve the aims and objectives of the corrupt and amoral elites rather than protecting the people of this great nation and our allies.

Despite having reservations about this actually happening I really do hope it goes ahead and is well supported by all Servicemen and women, past and present.
I also hope that the lazy, apathetic majority get off their fat arses and show a significant level of support for those that deserve our utmost respect and gratitude.

Maybe this could even be the catalyst that sparks some fire back into our collective bellies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join