It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming Home [LEWC]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Amid a multitude going to and fro, in the concourse she sat, burger in hand. Two very long days since any food had passed those lips and her stomach was grumbling in complaint at such neglect. She took a huge bite, chewing gratefully. God this tasted so good!

"United Flight 217 ready to board at gate, all ticketed passengers please get in line and ready to board"

With a sigh she threw her burger back into the bag from whence it came, and began collecting everything. Purse, diaper bag, baby bottle, baby, food and drink... so very much to have to carry. Frustrated she began the journey toward her gate, just barely hanging on to her burdens. All of them new, with the exception of the purse.With a crash the baby bottle hit the ground, sighing again she bent down while making the attempt not to drop anything else, and grabbed up the bottle. Well she cant feed the baby from that bottle now, she thought.

As she reached the line she dropped her bag of food, bending down once more she picked up the bag, no way was she going to loose that, even though for a moment she considered leaving it where it lay, that moment quickly passed though, she was starving! As she began to regain her upright position the bottle hit the floor once more.

How am I going to do this? She thought to herself. 37 years old, no longer married, how on earth did this happen? My children are grown, I was done with all this! How could she do this to me? I'm going to have to withdraw from those courses, for the first time in my life I was to attend university...a dream now shattered like so much broken glass.

She thought back to the phone call from two days past. Had it only been two days? It seemed like a lifetime.

"Hey mama?"

"yes sweetie, how are you guys doing?"

"Not good mama, I need you...I need you to come get the baby"

"What on earth do you mean come get the baby, whats going on?"

"Mom, we just got kicked out of the apartment and we are on the street, please come get the baby"

"Sweetie, just come home. If things are that bad, please, just come home. You can go to college, the trust fund will pay for your schooling and we live right by the university. I'll babysit while you attend school and work part time. We'll try and have alternate schedules and together we will make this work. No problem. Just come home."

"No mama, I can't come home, I can't face anyone, everyone there knows what happened! Besides, what happens when the twins get out of jail anyway? Would I someday be walking down the street and see them? I can't go back mama, I just cant. Just come get the baby"

"Honey, how am I supposed to raise a baby alone? I just enrolled in university, living in a 1 bedroom apartment... how am I supposed to do this honey? Please just come home, I'll help you, you can't live on the street! Just come home."

"I will be fine mama. Please understand this, I cannot go back. I cant face it. Everyone there knows about the rape. Please just come get the baby...and come now, I have no where to go with her."

God how did any of this happen, she thought as she was juggling bags trying to reach the bottle on the ground. Her son and mother told her, this will most likely be forever. She simply has a baby now. She didn't want to raise a baby. But there was no choice, this child was her flesh and blood. This was her responsibility and hers alone now.

A woman, shorter than her, dressed in an expensive suit with perfectly done hair--unlike hers right now--walked over and picked up the bottle, a single tear streaming down her cheek as she slowly passed over the bottle, all the while looking at the baby in her arms. Quietly she said, "You do not know what I wouldn't give to be in your shoes right now."

As the woman walked away, she knew the woman had been unable to bear children, words communicated in eyes and soul as brown eyes locked on green. She thought then of her own children, the joy of raising them, little moments in time passed through her minds eye. As she looked down at the baby in her arms, this small angel, sweet, innocent of everything, dark blue eyes taking everything in.

In that moment she knew, this was no burden in her arms, this was life, happiness, her joy. This was the greatest gift God could have ever given her. Thanking God for this child, she slowly began boarding the plane. Never again would she feel frustration. Never.

Smiling she said, "We are going home baby girl, we are going home."
edit on 5-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Thank you for that. That is very good, and I enjoyed reading it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

my eyes are tearin up

and then I get happy

It's amazing what a mother can do, and even more amazing what a grandmother can do

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Thank you for that. That is very good, and I enjoyed reading it.

I am glad both of you enjoyed the story!

and yes, mothers and grandmothers can be pretty amazing people!

edit on 5-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Nicely done.

I'm glad to see you decided to give this one a go, welcome to the party.

S&F.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Most excellent! A very well written and emotional story!!!

Very good

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Thank you so much for the compliment!

And thank you also 74Templar! I appreciate it very much!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Flagged, that was simply beautiful

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
That was so moving........it really touched my heart.......

Great story....may I ask if this is fictional or reality?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

It's actually a true story. That was the day I brought my grandaughter home. I was frustrated, and literally dropping everything in the airport...not knowing how I was going to raise a baby...and everything changed with that woman... hard to describe what transpired in that moment when she handed me back the bottle...but after that I never again was frustrated with having my granddaughter....

Two angels came to me that day, my grandaughter, and that woman....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
That was a very touching and moving story, lending much evidence to your true character. It's nice to know there are people like you in world.

Thanks for sharing, and SnF!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Very deep.

I have to say, this story hits home, in many ways actually.

Very touched by the story.

S&F

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Amazing read and wonderful reminder of just how precious life is.

Thank you for sharing. If you don't mind, I have a few friends I'd like to read this. May I share?

S&F!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you very much Druid42. I appreciate it, especially coming from you.

Originally posted by sonnny1
Very deep.

I have to say, this story hits home, in many ways actually.

Very touched by the story.

S&F

And thank you for the compliment.

It was a difficult story to write, I'll tell you that!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thank you, and yes you may share the story!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I loved it.
I think any mother can put herself in her/your shoes. What an awesome story!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Your story was very unexpected as I started reading it! You were very good at pulling out emotions, and that is hard for a writer to do!! NOW, I must say that I was not expecting it to end the way it did!! YOU MY FRIEND, are a great writer with insite on human emotions, and your story captured it beautifully!!

THANK YOU!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

Your story was very unexpected as I started reading it! You were very good at pulling out emotions, and that is hard for a writer to do!! NOW, I must say that I was not expecting it to end the way it did!! YOU MY FRIEND, are a great writer with insite on human emotions, and your story captured it beautifully!!

THANK YOU!

I agree.
It made me tear up reading it. Good stuff!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

THANK YOU!

Thank you so much for the compliment! I am very glad that you enjoyed reading it!

reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

And thank you also! Appreciate it very much.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Amid a multitude going to and fro, in the concourse she sat, burger in hand.

Opening sentences don't get any better than that.

She thought then of her own children, the joy of raising them, little moments in time passed through her minds eye.

My favorite sentence.

I thought it was cruel of masqua to create the rules for this months contest. I didn't want to play. Who wants to confess the messiness of their own life? I suppose the rules didn't really require that, but Geez Louise, life is messy dammit!

Thank-you for sharing the pristine messiness of your life, and the joy of all such a mess can bring.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join