It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia: Victorian Government hires "connex" thugs as ticket inspectors to bash commuters.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I watched the vid.

Once I was young. I threw a 5c piece at a train guard because he was trying to force me to buy a ticket and I was being a typical difficult youth. He chased me off the train. I had to walk home. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Later, my mates who were also on the train, who didn't get chased off the train because they were compliant, told me the security guard was actually going to buy my ticket for me.....

....Had he caught me when he chased me off the train he may have beat me. I deserved it.

....Had I not acted like a total douche I would have experienced the kindness of human nature.

I don't really know how this applies but I'm sure it's not as good as watching Arbeit's eventual fall from grace.

I think what I'm trying to say is we are not always aware of the total context of the situation and the extreme emotions that may be involved. In this incident though the guards are clearly overreacting.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbeit
[SNIP]

I suggest you leave...now!

edit on 5-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Bah, don't stress. He's clearly insecure about something.
edit on 5-7-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbeit

this post is still up!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

It's quite simple, you buy a ticket to travel, or else you are a theif. And theives deserve to be treated exactly as shown in the video if not worse.

Job applications at www.transport.vic.gov.au/ if you're interested in being such a ... guard.

what a ...

yeah...

you deserve something pal...

So you think it is acceptable to steal access to transport and display an attitude to the people trying to prevent this sort of theft?

Good to see that the Australians continue in the line of common criminality that brought them into existance. Your Great Great Grandads would be very, very proud of you.

Good to see people like you who think that punching on and smashing people is the right thing to do.

You're just sad.

As for your jibe at my family history, go stick it up your arse.

It is the right thing to do when presented with a transport theif refusing to show his ticket, giving an attitude and refusing to comply with the requests of a worker who as described above, had full police powers.

It wasn't jibe, by the way. It was the truth. The scum that we removed from our land bred and their offspring continue the tradition.

There's no point in alterring your comments, I've copied the original and also highlighted it so that it is easier for the moderators to deal with your breach of the rules.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Arbeit because: (no reason given)

The scum that we removed from our land bred and their offspring continue the tradition.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
FINAL WARNING

Next off topic post or other T&C violation will result in a posting ban of at least 3 days.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

edit on 5-7-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Okay people, lets get back to the original premise...Train staff abusing their powers.

They should not be able to conduct themselves in such a manner. It is disgraceful and should not be.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Something i really don understand.
that guy was ok, he didnt broke any rules.......and still get a beating.
Seriously, you board a train, legaly and you get a head bashing.

And these thugs dont get any punishment ?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonyWarp

One day they will. They'll pick on someone who seems to be by himself when really the rest of his crew are in the next carriage.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Indeed!

As ned kelly would say, such is life !!

8]

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I think its pretty much the same sort of thing that goes on in night clubs, bouncers with too much power that arnt trained to properly deal with situations. Really these blokes should be trained in how to communicate instead of bully and use physical force. They should defiantly be held accountable. You've got to wonder how long till we hear of someone being seriously hurt or worse by these inspectors.
Im actually surprised Ive not heard of these stories before now and why no public out cry?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

Problem re bouncers is the fact that the security companies are infiltrated by bikies. Don't know if the same can be applied to Connex/Transport authority though.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
Keep going guys,im bringing some pop corns.

All I've got is beer, sausages and chili sauce.

Oh well, when cant do, make do !

wow, 3 posts removed because of this cheese ball

Don't let it get to you, it was likely the intent.

As for train guards, well as I know them these days, I expect this behaviour. It's not uncommon either, for a train full of people to go rampant on them -- I remember a new years eve not long ago where 2 were chased off a train for trying to intimidate someone, and in the mood of the train, it was not welcome. To do your job is one thing, to go out of your way to create a problem, is another.

One thing I agree with cheesy is breaking the law is not on. But as I've said, they're not there to protect you. They are there to enforce revenue.

Revenue... safety is not the issue, so it's not unreasonable that they will be heavy handed when enforcing what they are told is the issue. Cash. Dollars. Moola.

someone asked why they don't sell tickets..

I remember when they had conductors. You'd get on a train, "Tickets please." meant get your coins out, here comes the guy with the machine he wore that he's wind up after putting in the coins and give you a ticket.

Those were days, however, that did not have bureaucracy saying revenue is of utmost importance.

Machine not working at your station? What do you do? Run to work? On a 40 minute train ride, when it's their responsibility to ensure they have working machines, it's almost a trap to get you.

Only once have I ever had a train 'guard' accept that I was honest, and that was after he called in on his mobile and queried the thing, and found others had also complained of the same station on the same day.

Have ticket vending machines ON the train, they seem to have them everywhere else.. nah, no revenue in that.

it's a scam.

the society we live in today is built on repricussions and not foresight. You win by counting on the losers. You don't win by being the best.

sad... and if all else fails, beat people to a pulp. even with cameras, they still win.. "Something else was going on, obviously.." what a cop out.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I think the term bikies has been hijacked. Long gone are the days when they'd look after their patrons. I know. Now theyre all miscreants who don't even have a bike let alone know what it used to mean.

I'd feel a lot better with a load of coffin cheaters of yesteryear on a train as guards than the load of weak little kids pretending to be coppers these days.

Bikeys today are weak criminal organisations. Not a group of like minded people who not only lived outside the law but still within society. and they used to be nothing more than hard working class blokes with a love for bikes.

scum get in everywhere... sadly.

1%ers used to mean the one percent who lived by the rule of their own. Now it's 1% above the law.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join