It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone remember this photo?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow
reply to post by Vitruvian

Why do you persist in claiming that an obviously fake video has anything to do with the OP's photograph? It doesn't and it's irrelevant to the OP's original question. Please feel free to call me immature and condescending if you wish.

A part of my claim was simply that the photo posted by the OP is a FAKE - the alledged UFO was "shopped" into the image as were the FAKE line of NON- VIEWING persons at the bottom of the image..........so what's your inquiry referring to?
FAKE -

BTW........ the "obviously fake video" was referenced by this OP in order to further verify the fakery of it all - and to show that the UFO in the video was also in the proximity of the "Swiss Tower" in London and as another example of its obvious fakery but in another context...........so what's the beef?

edit on 5-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: EDIT

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Let's make sure I've got this correct, you believe that the people were Photoshopped into the OP's photo? And this seems more likely to you than it being a photograph of a bird, which is why nobody is taking any notice?

Anyways, I've searched high and low and have been unable to find the original.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I guess the 'beef' is trying to work out how you came up with the idea of the people being 'photoshopped' into the picture, along with the pigeon...

The people are standing on the south bank of the Thames.
The photographer is clearly standing in front of them on the same side of the river.
The people (and the pigeon) look bigger as they are closer to the lense. The buildings behind are seperated from the people by a river.. which is below the view point of the camera.

City hall to the left.. Tower bridge to the right (out of sight), main buildings (and some people on south bank) shown as example with map location.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow
Let's make sure I've got this correct, you believe that the people were Photoshopped into the OP's photo? And this seems more likely to you than it being a photograph of a bird, which is why nobody is taking any notice?

Anyways, I've searched high and low and have been unable to find the original.

In sum - YES but I also don't think its a bird.........I think its a "shopped" in image of a craft made to resemble a UFO

In my estimation, the people at the bottom are not looking UP bcause they didn't really exist in the original shot of what was merely a legitimate photo of the London Skyline..............I am also searching the web for the so-called "original." In the meantime I think its useful to also post findings that might be related to the OP's original request and that might also help to give as many clues as possible - even though some of the "clues" may not be spot on, so to speak.

edit on 5-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: edit

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

I guess the 'beef' is trying to work out how you came up with the idea of the people being 'photoshopped' into the picture, along with the pigeon..The people are standing on the south bank of the Thames.
The photographer is clearly standing in front of them on the same side of the river.
The people (and the pigeon) look bigger as they are closer to the lense. The buildings behind are seperated from the people by a river.. which is below the view point of the camera.

I think we have a different way of seeing the OP's original picture - E.g., I am having a hard time seeing the "pidgeon" image that you are seeing.

As for the line of people at the bottom? Based on my photographic experience and just a general knowledge of Photoshop, plus an intuitive understanding of how images speak to the viewer - They just do not seem as though they belong in that image - Nothing about the line of people fits with what else is happening in the scene. This includes their lack of attentiveness - no one is seen looking towards the skyline much less at an unidentified object flying through the air. The coloration of the line of people does not match the rest of the image - doesn't blend in correctly - and I am also suspicious of the overall "bluish" nature of the photo. Everything seems out of place - out of kilter to the rest of the image.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I would be very thankful if someone could bring me any information about this photo!
reply to post by elevenaugust

As for exactly where it came from I have no idea. However, I'm leaning towards it being a fake for two main reasons:

1) The contrast of the object is slightly off which gives it the appearance of having been added after the photo was taken.

2) The people in the photo are just going about their business. If there was something in the sky that close people would be reacting in the shot.

Hope this helps

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Doesn't look like a UFO to me (or a pigeon). It looks exactly like a B2 Stealth bomber doing a flyover.

Here is some video of the B2 flying, but I didn't see anything specific to a London Flyover.

Someone do a screen capture of this video at the 01:16 mark. It is identical to the profile of the aircraft in the OP.

edit on 5-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Doesn't look like a UFO to me (or a pigeon). It looks exactly like a B2 Stealth bomber doing a flyover.

Here is some video of the B2 flying, but I didn't see anything specific to a London Flyover.

Someone do a screen capture of this video at the 01:16 mark. It is identical to the profile of the aircraft in the OP.

[

getreadyalready ...............Good find
Here is the SCREEN CAP you asked for----------- This complies with my previous assessment that the UFO was photoshopped into the OP's image

For Comprison of the Faked insert of an image of a B1 Bomber

AND same image vertically and horizontally flipped for comparison sake

I now see even LESS of an image of a bird and MORE an image of a Faked plane that was inserted into the picture so as to resemble a UFO.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It is so obviously a bird, more than likely a seagull or pigeon. Also if it was a stealth bomber what the hell is a stealth bomber flying that low through London and the fact that nobody is looking at it suggests to me that it is indeed just a bird.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
It is so obviously a bird, more than likely a seagull or pigeon. Also if it was a stealth bomber what the hell is a stealth bomber flying that low through London and the fact that nobody is looking at it suggests to me that it is indeed just a bird.

A FAKED stealth plane..............its obviously NOT going to be the real McCoy flying through the London skyline (sheeeeeeesh) !!!

EVERYTHING about the OP's original image is FAKED......It is ABSOLUTELY NOT a BIRD OK???.....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ok.. let's look at the pigeon in more detail..

Look at this.. a pigeon..

Now observe closely the pic of the pigeon from this thread;

You can see the white fleck on the middle of its back...
There is curvature to the tail with the same black tipped feathers.
The black tips can also be seen on the edges of the wings, especially on the flight feathers (feathers nearest the body)
Look at the tips of each wing, they turn upwards slightly. The tail has dropped down to hide the feet and body of the bird.. it is maneuvering, very possibly gliding to control a landing.

You'll also notice on the left wing that from the black tip moving upwards across the wing to its front, you'll see a lighter patch then a darker patch which is made clearer in the pic of the pigeon at the top..

IMO, all evidence points to it being a pigeon..

Now, has anyone been able to find the picture?
I've found loads that are very similar or from the same view point but not the actual one here.

I think this may take a long time or a lot of luck to run into the pictures original source.. but at least it's here and discussed.

Originally posted by Vitruvian

EVERYTHING about the OP's original image is FAKED......It is ABSOLUTELY NOT a BIRD OK???.....

Prove it...
edit on 5-7-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Well spotted, id agree thats a bird of some kind flying away from the camera and slightly to the left. It could easily be a pigeon on even a hawk. The back tail feathers are splayed out.

edit on 5-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
It is so obviously a bird, more than likely a seagull or pigeon.

Agreed. Definitely a bird. Maybe a little more in focus than most of the blurred bird (blurd) images we get here, but a bird, nonetheless.

And continued insistence that it's not a bird is one of those annoying things that makes it hard to maintain civility and decorum in this forum. But hey. I suppose everybody's got a right to their wrong opinion.

Birds:

edit on 5-7-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm sorry to sound this rude, it's really not my usual way to communicate. But threads like these makes me wonder why I still lurk these forums every single day. The photo is not manipulated in any way, and it's quite appaling how anyone could see this picture and not instantly realize they're seeing a bird. It really makes me question the intelligence of many users.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

i would leave the date/modified too the experts on that one.
Former MicrSoft Tech Expert,, with shiny mug,,,

means nothing,,,walk away from the ,,giggle evidence.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So were all on the same page?
It is a stealthy, UFO, bird drone?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
To all posters to the contrary............Alright, alright.........I give the benefit of the doubt regarding "bird" as opposed to Fake bird or fake plane or whatever...........unless something else comes about......

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Radiobuzz
I'm sorry to sound this rude, it's really not my usual way to communicate. But threads like these makes me wonder why I still lurk these forums every single day. The photo is not manipulated in any way, and it's quite appaling how anyone could see this picture and not instantly realize they're seeing a bird. It really makes me question the intelligence of many users.

I think that for some reason, many people have a very hard time interpreting common images of birds in flight, because they simply don't have the ability to imagine a bird flying and seen from different angles.

Some people will immediately recognize a bird shape in a photo. Others are simply "perceptually challenged" and don't seem to process images the same way.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Kinda looks fake when you blow it up a little bit doesn't it? Looks like someone copy and pasted an insect leg...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
***snip***
Some people will immediately recognize a bird shape in a photo. Others are simply "perceptually challenged" and don't seem to process images the same way.

There is an old saying:

Believing is seeing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join