It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone remember this photo?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hello everyone!

It's kind of strange as I tried for almost an hour now to find any information about where this photo came from and why it's on my desktop...

I have a (huge) folder on my computer where I put all the UFO photo stuff to work on..... later. Usually I put a name on each file to remember for a later use where it comes from, when it was shot, etc... but not for this one!

It tried to use both Google image search an Tineye features, without success.
I also though that it could came from the MUFON CMS as name file begin with "33424" but with no luck (the "33424" submitter name have nothing to do with my photo).

Obviously, it was taken in London, so I searched for "London UFO", "UFO in London", etc... both in ATS search engine and in Google but with no luck again!

To add to the pile, there's nothing useful in the EXIF data as the original shot date is not there and as it's NOT the original photo...

I would be very thankful if someone could bring me any information about this photo!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Great picture, looks a bit fake, but then again I think we're always going to say that when we see images of UFO's that aren't blurry disk shapes.

Not seen it before, but it looks like it was taken either on a boat on the Thames or on the South Bank somewhere inbetween the Millennium Bridge HMS Belfast.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's not a fake picture of a bird anyway.

It didn't need any tampering.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It's a pigeon..

See the white fleck on its back...
then check here
2.bp.blogspot.com...

As for its flight characteristics, check here.. quite similar although a different breed..
www.fotothing.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Looks exactly like one of those black stealth jets. Spirit bomber even, that's what my money is on.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
It's a pigeon..

See the white fleck on its back...
then check here
2.bp.blogspot.com...

As for its flight characteristics, check here.. quite similar although a different breed..
www.fotothing.com...

Thanks Extralien for the input, and, yes, it's likely a pigeon seen under a certain angle, but any idea where I can found where this photo came from?

My concern is to find the source of this photo at first rather to determine what's on it that could be done afterwards.
edit on 5-7-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Perhaps this will help you and anyone else trying to find out what you need..

en.wikipedia.org...:London_,_City_of_London_-_Cityscape_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1225167.jpg

Almost identical picture but without bird and people..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Not sure if this helps, but that cigar-shaped building is in St. Mary's Axe, London. That picture was taken a few streets away.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
elevenaugust ............commentors claim its a FAKE

EXAMPLE badleatherlad 1 month ago
" i saw this 4 yrs ago leaving a us mountain base that was supposedly shutdown. for the first time since then i am seeing the exact same ship. and its quite larger than it seems in this video"

.It looks to be a military plane in the video............

UFO SIGHTING ABOVE LONDON CITY! May 3rd 2012

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: edit

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

Just exactly how does a reported fake video of a ufo have anything to do with the picture in the OP?

In the video we don't even see the people/bird/trees or the rest of the buildings that are in the thread topics picture

So how does it relate?

Take your time to read a thread
Really make sure you know what your posting
Open your eyes and be sure
Look at what is presented.
Learn from our mistakes..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Hello everyone!

Usually I put a name on each file to remember for a later use where it comes from, when it was shot, etc... but not for this one!

I would be very thankful if someone could bring me any information about this photo!

Extralien

Its up to the OP to decide if the information provided was useful or not............my further research on it says its a FAKE

Given your immature and condescending attitude towards this OP on the topic I respectfully request that you keep quite - unless of course you have something meaningful to contribute. Thank you

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I've never seen this pic before OP.

The many people in the pic don't seem to notice anything so large and unusual in the sky, which could be because there isn't anything there.

I agree with previous posters that this is a bird.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

lol.. you're funny..

and strange..

reply to post by doobydoll

Yup, most probably a bird...
All we gotta do no is find the source for this photo..
Where it came from and when..

So perhaps my immature attitude can help seeing as I've been trawling the net for this picture for a while now too..
I've been trying "city of London" and "London city skyline" so far. Nothing yet..
The problem is the amount of years we need to cover.
Still, we might get lucky..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
I've been trawling the net for this picture for a while now too..
I've been trying "city of London" and "London city skyline" so far. Nothing yet..
The problem is the amount of years we need to cover.

Thanks for the help, Extralien.

About the date, There's a possible clue in the EXIF data as either me or the person who posted it at first saved it in July 2010:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Hello everyone!

Just out of curiosity - why are you even interested in tracking down the source of such an obviously FAKED image?

It has PHOTOSHOP written all over it............

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

about the date, There's a possible clue in the EXIF data as either me or the person who posted it at first saved it in July 2010:]

DATE MODIFIED MEANS = DATE LAST VIEWED
This has ONLY to do with the DATE AND TIME OF "VIEWING" OF THE IMAGE...........and nothing to do with the making of it.
In other words - if you viewed the original exif file TODAY it would read 7/5/2012

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The view is from the south bank of the Thames .. and location is right next to the 'town hall' building.
Tower bridge will be to our right..

Am trying a search for 'view across thames from south bank'

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

Hello everyone!

Just out of curiosity - why are you even interested in tracking down the source of such an obviously FAKED image?

It has PHOTOSHOP written all over it............

Hi Vitruvian and thanks for your help as well!

Well, I know that there are ID/XMP tags on the EXIF (Photoshop...) but if I try to track down the source of this photo it's not especially in order to prove that Photoshop was used.

It's a part of a long-peer project (see my signature) for which I need the maximum valuable informations on UFO photos, and at least the "when, where and how..."
Like I said, usually I know where and when a given UFO photo was taken and where it came from as well.
This one cause me a problem as I don't know where it came from and as i need this information to classify it for my project (and for the UFO community as well in fine)

Originally posted by Vitruvian

about the date, There's a possible clue in the EXIF data as either me or the person who posted it at first saved it in July 2010:]

DATE MODIFIED MEANS = DATE LAST VIEWED
This has ONLY to do with the DATE AND TIME OF "VIEWING" OF THE IMAGE...........and nothing to do with the making of it.
In other words - if you viewed the original exif file TODAY it would read 7/5/2012

I know that and the purpose of it is only to give a possible time span of the date of the shot. I have neither opened nor modified the file for at least two years, so to say that it could have been taken before July 2010 is a fair assumption.
edit on 5-7-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
ELEVENAUGUST

Thank you for the clarification.........I wonder if the "comment" in my quote below might be helpful regarding a ballpark figure for the date. He says he saw it (that very same image) at least "fours years ago" albeit in another context. So we can count back four years from the date of publication of the video itself which was May 2012

elevenaugust ............commentors claim its a FAKE
EXAMPLE badleatherlad 1 month ago
" i saw this 4 yrs ago leaving a us mountain base that was supposedly shutdown. for the first time since then i am seeing the exact same ship. and its quite larger than it seems in this video"

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Why do you persist in claiming that an obviously fake video has anything to do with the OP's photograph? It doesn't and it's irrelevant to the OP's original question. Please feel free to call me immature and condescending if you wish.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join