It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw something that disturbed me today...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Another thread relevant to the discussion ~ Begging and the Homeless

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JayDub113

Sounds like he just opted for jail. There you get meals at least and a mat to sleep on.

edit on 6-7-2012 by OldSchoolMom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BennyOj

It's a tough call when dealing with the homeless, as you never know are they going to buy booze or drugs with the couple quid you gave them.

It's not tough at all. NEVER GIVE THEM CASH! Offer to buy them a meal, offer them some work, offer to put gas in their mystery car, but never give them cash.

The OP did the world a favor for one night by getting that guy locked up. Hell, he did the guy a favor too probably.

I never refuse to buy a person food. Anytime I am approached, I always offer to go buy them a cheeseburger, or whatever, but rarely do they take me up on the offer, they usually just want cash.

Don't get suckered by these sob stories, they had the same opportunities as everyone else, but they burned every bridge they had, they alienated every person that they ever knew, and now they are left to fend for themselves. Don't get suckered.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

You shouldn't feel bad about what he did. His actions were his choice. But if it were me, I would have felt bad if I didn't give the man a smoke or some change if I could spare it, but that's just me. I would have really felt bad if I lied to the guy about it. If I don't give somebody something, no loss to either of us. If I lied to him, I would have been less than the man I believe myself to be. But, that's just me.
An extremely brief summation of how I read this↑ comment, could be:
"You shouldn't feel bad about it, but I sure as hell would have."

That's just how I took it, when I first read it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join