It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientogy leaders wife Shelly Miscavige has been missing since 2007

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Mystery of missing wife of Scientology leader: Woman who played matchmaker to Katie and Tom hasn't been seen since 2007 Shelly Miscavige is credited as the cupid to Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' doomed alliance Theories surrounding the disappearance of Shelly from running away to death from cancer A more extraordinary claim is that she was locked up in 'The Hole', after allegedly being caught filing job applications without her husband's consent Others claim she was sent on an intense 'behavior modification program' at a remote, confidential location

Link

I searched ATS and couldn't find any mention of this or even her.

With all the strangeness surrounding scientology, Lisa McPherson, Sea Org, etc. etc. this was interesting to find out, it appears since 2007 a once public figure has completely disappeared?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Why isn't it being investigated by the authorities?

Man these guys get more and more sinister as I read more about them, I think France are thinking of banning them, you can not ban a Religion? well guess what it is no Religion it is a cult.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Why isn't it being investigated by the authorities?

Man these guys get more and more sinister as I read more about them, I think France are thinking of banning them, you can not ban a Religion? well guess what it is no Religion it is a cult.

I'm thinking the same. The strange thing is the more I dig the less I find.

I've been searching using "Michelle Miscavige" and "Shelly Miscavige" search terms, and this recent news report (inspired probably from the recent Katie/Tom split) appears to be the only news item on this story, I found a few mentions by the public in the form of a youtube video and blog type activism post here and here but that's about it so far?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
From accounts I've read and seen once in a documentary about her husband made by several former high-level Scientology members who worked closely with him, he's supposedly a very violent and abusive man, and I mean physically abusive to those who work under him. It's supposedly a whole culture of that he created where higher level members at the top levels actually physically intimidate lower level members, beat them up, slap and hit them just to assert their dominance. Apparently it isn't even always done for any reason, just sometimes random shows of power. If all of this is true, then it wouldn't surprise me much if he carries that same behavior over to his home life and it also wouldn't surprise me if the guy went too far one day with it and seriously injured or even killed her.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Goes with all the other cases of mistreatment, abuse, neglect and disconnection these people call a religion for tax reasons.

Suppressive persons are dragged through dirt created to stick, accusations of pedophilia, drug use, being gay, etc etc are all common to outsiders, so you can only imagine what happens to those on the inside.

If you're of a mindset looking for reason and truth, they sell it to you. Must be valid if it costs so much and the big stars are in with it. From that they tell you to disconnect with your entire family, no contact at all.. then it's money after money until you are so overwhelmed by the enormity of the entire scam that you give in to it, and effectively are brainwashed into doing everything they tell you, which involves taking extreme abuse in order to get you over your issues, long diatribes with overtones of a position of power - much like hitler swayed germany with his speeches.

If you ever try to break away, you are the enemy, a suppressive person, someone where there are no holds barred on attacking you at every angle and every opportunity. And it doesn't stop.

If you've distanced yourself from your family, have issues of mental stability, and they've broken you to the point you have to get away, you end up in a very dark place.

They are a nasty lot... I would not be surprised if this woman was actually never found...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Her Mother's death has always been in question.It was reported as a suicide but the facts say
otherwise.
Mom's name was Flo Barnett. Look her up and see what you think about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Scuse my ignorance but why haven't the cops been watching, crawling over this guy? (the husband) after all..investigations for Jon Benets death and Casey Anthony's daughters death dragged on for month- weeks and will do for years...
They obviously think they are untouchable...IT IS a cult to me not a religion and as such should be thus recognised. Unfortunately the 'funders' and believers of this cult are extremely rich.

As regards TomKats impending divorce I hope Nicole Kidman comes out in Kates defence. I don't blame her from keeping her daughter away from this weird cult. Would also be interesting if the adopted children Connor and Isabella were interviewed by Oprah or something to shed light on how they think etc...No doubt Tom will wheel them out to say what a fantastic father he is..

Sorry I went slightly off topic but its a very scary situation for the little girl. I hope they look into the disappearance of Shelly more thoroughly.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hemet Ca is the international Head quarters for them.

Its a giant compond out there, Me and my Brother when we first moved out here took a drive to see what it was. Fairly large, many buildings and such, supposedly there a mansion there for when they find the new incarnation of Hubbard.

Hemets in the middle of no where, plenty of places for them to put bodies
edit on 5-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

At least one scientoligist seems to know where she is;

digihairshirt.blogspot.co.uk...

n February 2011, Lawrence Wright wrote a profile of a high level defector from Scientology, Hollywood director and screenwriter, Paul Haggis (Crash, Million Dollar Baby). One paragraph states: [David Miscavige's] word is absolute, and he imposes his will even on some of the people closest to him. According to Rinder and Brousseau, in June, 2006, while Miscavige was away from the Gold Base, his wife, Shelly, filled several job vacancies without her husband’s permission. Soon afterward, she disappeared. Her current status is unknown. Tommy Davis told me, “I definitely know where she is,” but he won’t disclose where that is.

I have read accounts before of scientologists being locked away when they have cancer, obviously it wouldn't look good for a religion that says it can cure these things. Other theories are that she wanted out or.....maybe she had information they don't want out in public. Interstingly enough Tom Cruises adpoted daughter Isabella looks alot like the Miscaviges. (if you can find pics of shelly, there aren't many about.

Another interesting theory;

leavingscientology.wordpress.com...

According to former insiders, Miscavige’s wife Shelly became suspicious of the close relationship between him and his “Communicator,” Laurisse Henley-Smith. Shortly after this, Shelley Miscavige disappeared from the Int Base. She was no longer present at meetings, and her post title, “COB Assistant,” disappeared from internal dispatches. She is thought to be on an intense behavior modification program at a remote, confidential location. 2. Following Shelly’s disappearance, Laurisse became Miscavige’s constant companion. She accompanied Miscavige to Tom Cruise’s wedding, and attended a Del Mar race with Dave, Tom and Katie, where she was photographed with her hand possessively on his shoulder.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
today.msnbc.msn.com...

Exclusive: ‘Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography’
Read an excerpt from Andrew Morton’s controversial new book

( from 2008)

David Miscavige, had been known to race out into the barren landscape, armed with an Uzi submachine gun, to hunt down possible enemies. He certainly had many weapons to choose from, amassing a personal collection of more than sixty guns. Besides an Israeli assault rifle, a 12-gauge double-barrel shotgun given to him by Hubbard, he had a Dirty Harry Magnum .44 and a Walther PPK of the type used by James Bond. Nor was he afraid to use them.

Early one morning he noticed that a no parking sign had been put up opposite his office. Ordering his butler to bring his shotgun, he spent a few minutes blasting the errant sign to bits. “He felt powerful with guns,” recalls an aide. “It was his way of intimidating people.” In the desk of his well-appointed office, the leader of the church had a .38 handgun. No one knew if it was loaded or if he was only joking when he said they needed to be well armed for when the “radioactive mutants come over the hill.”

This report has a lot more about the kind of man David Miscavige is.

I would wager to say "Shelly" is dead

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
She's not the only one, I also read an article somewhere around here, that another female tried to leave and they captured her and locked her in a hotel room with no food or water to like sort of reborn her, she died of dehydration and had serious bed sores.

Could be the same lady not sure, but if she's still missing then that's not this other young lady. They both look similar alike.

I think her name was Mcpearson.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Is it any wonder that Katie Holmes has four big body guards with her and her daughter at all times? It would be amazing if little Katie Holmes was actually the final straw that broke Scientology wide open. Let's hope so.

Side note ... why does the missing woman have an 'unknown' DOB???

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
From accounts I've read and seen once in a documentary about her husband made by several former high-level Scientology members who worked closely with him, he's supposedly a very violent and abusive man, and I mean physically abusive to those who work under him. It's supposedly a whole culture of that he created where higher level members at the top levels actually physically intimidate lower level members, beat them up, slap and hit them just to assert their dominance. Apparently it isn't even always done for any reason, just sometimes random shows of power. If all of this is true, then it wouldn't surprise me much if he carries that same behavior over to his home life and it also wouldn't surprise me if the guy went too far one day with it and seriously injured or even killed her.

Yeah I agree, I'm pretty concerned for her safety.

It's not the first time I've heard of D Miscavige being violent....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
In the late 80's me and friends would go hang out in Hollywood walking up and down the strip, and these guys would always stop us and try to get us to watch the movie they had going on there, Thank goodness we never went in. Its amazing that a BOOK could start a cult like this.... poor weak minded.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManicDepresive1
In the late 80's me and friends would go hang out in Hollywood walking up and down the strip, and these guys would always stop us and try to get us to watch the movie they had going on there, Thank goodness we never went in. Its amazing that a BOOK could start a cult like this.... poor weak minded.

I used to live down the street from several of those buildings on Hollywood Blvd., one of them was like two blocks from my apartment. It was creepy what a huge presence they had in Hollywood. A big part of it was to prey on all of the runaways who come to Hollywood and wind up on the street. On the one hand I guess they are getting the kids off the street, but on the other hand...

NY Daily News article today: the niece of David Miscavige says that Scientology is a physically and psychologically abu sive group.
edit on 7/5/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Think of what a guy like this has to lose if someone like his wife turned on him and potentially had secrets. I'd almost have to label this one a no-brainer. Will he ever get busted for it? Not without a body and some direct evidence. This is also probably why most people haven't heard wind of it.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I am from Temecula CA and I have been out to Hemet many times.. Can you elaborate where they are so the next time I go to check out my house in Temecula I can make a trip to Hemet to check it out.

It's crazy becasue up the street in Fallbrook there is another compound for KKK or something.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordaqua

Think of what a guy like this has to lose if someone like his wife turned on him and potentially had secrets. I'd almost have to label this one a no-brainer. Will he ever get busted for it? Not without a body and some direct evidence. This is also probably why most people haven't heard wind of it.

I'm thinking that too, someone needs to open some kind of official investigation to this

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

The Gold Base is the international headquarters of the Church of Scientology[1][2][3] on a 700-acre (2.8 km2) parcel of land in unincorporated Riverside County, California, outside of San Jacinto, and north of Hemet. It is at or near 19625 Gilman Springs Road, Gilman Hot Springs, California, 92583. The area is the home of Golden Era Productions, the media and publications division of the church, which is the largest of the many organizational units there. David Miscavige and other top leaders of the church live and work on the Base.[4][5][6] Contents

en.wikipedia.org...

Sea Org Scientology Headquarters
Gilman Springs Road
California 92583

get to the 79 North, towards beumont and get off on gilman springs, head east and the road drives right through the two sides of the compound, note all the cams when you go.

Well the IE and Riverside is filled with all kinds of weirdos
edit on 6-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I think this is what they call there:
GoldBase

gps coordinates: 33.836366, -116.991965

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join