It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The existence of Bigfoot

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think it's entirely possible these creatures exist. There's a whole lot of "nothing" areas, still, in North America where there are few, or no, people.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Whether you believe or not, I think the time has come for an all out 100% effort to record one. Something grand in scale, hundreds of people flushing "known" bigfoot spots with hand held camcorders, trail cams, helicopters, etc... Capture or record. Can't say I'd support killing one, but something immense in nature, a large scale search is overdue. Get sponsors and televise it for funding. Make it a live event. I'd watch.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
10, 20, 30 + years ago I'd say different but now-a-days everyone has a camera on them. Majority of people have high quality cameras, as all new phones do. Yet out of tens of thousands, more like hundreds of thousands of people who are in the woods we never get any high quality pictures or video.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JDepps

You'd think so, wouldn't you? Everyone, for the most part, has a phone, of those many have a camera... But Sasquatch is an intelligent, and cunning, creature who, in all likelihood will hear you, and see you, long before you see him.

Most of the sightings are mere seconds, by the time people dig out the phone and trigger the function, he's going to be gone. Any picture will likely be the infamous "blobsquatch".

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I know that some people cannot accept this fact, but these animals really do exist. I promise, lol. Those of us lucky enough to have had a sighting keep saying this, but I can understand that it is hard for some people to take on faith, although it is quite annoying sometimes. Some people have sightings, but they still cannot accept what they saw. Some people have a "maybe" sighting, but many sightings are unmistakable, and leave no question as to whether these animals exist. And in my opinion, there are many more of them than even most believers think there are.

I also believe that their population is growing to the point that sightings are going to increase as time goes on. Anyway, what really bothers me is that there are people who say these animals do not exist. Why in the world would someone believe them, when they have seen nothing. I say they are real because I've seen them, while someone else says they are not real because they haven't seen them. See how dumb that sounds? One cannot say something does not exist because they have never seen it.

And once one really delves into the sighting reports, data, and physical evidence that is available, and I mean seriously studies it and looks for whatever may be there, they will soon realize that they likelihood of these animals not existing is quite low. In fact, statistically speaking, it would make more sense for these animals to exist than for all of the sighting reports and other evidence to be false at this point. Only a fraction of reports make it to a research organization, and into a database, yet there are still thousands of reports that have been documented over the last few decades alone.

A big part of the problem is that most people do not approach the subject from a serious point of view, and they are biased from the start. There has been virtually no scientific mission undertaken to attempt to document these animals, and every single mission that has been undertaken is likely doomed to failure, until a new approach is taken. This is not surprising once one learns, from available data, the nature of these animals. There is just too much info to explain in one post, but a brief rundown on why these animals have not been documented scientifically is presented below.

These animals have exceptional awareness, on average, especially compared with other animals. They obviously have reasoning capacities, which gives them an edge over all animals except humans. But in their environment they are superior to humans, as that is all they have had to put their reasoning abilities toward. People complain about blurry pictures and videos, yet that too makes sense once one understands the situation. Most people out in the woods who have sightings are not looking for bigfoot. If they have a camera, it is not likely to be a camera that is designed to film at any sort of range. And coupled with the fact that a sasquatch is going to know the person is there long before the person knows the sasquatch is there, at least the majority of the time, it stands to reason that hardly anyone will be in a position to capture good evidence.

Sasquatch seem to have hearing that is at least equal to that of humans, if not superior, as well as good eyesight, even in the dark. Especially in the dark, considering they are relatively nocturnal. What they do have that is superior to humans is their sense of smell. Besides hearing someone coming, this is their best tool as far as awareness is concerned. This is one of the factors that allows them to avoid camera traps so easily. They simply associate anything that does not belong in their environment with humans. They either see, smell, or even hear the internal mechanisms of these cameras, and are skittish towards them. The cases where camera trap evidence seems to be authentic virtually all share the characteristic of something approaching from behind and attempting to move the camera trap around, presumably attempting to sort of pull it off the tree or just inspect it. I think that one case had images that even showed the animal attempting to lick the camera.

There are many areas of sasquatch behavior that I could go into, but as I said, I just do not have the space here. And there really is good physical evidence that has been gathered, people are just not aware of it. And if science is ever going to document this animal, which cannot be done simply by someone taking video of the animals, there must be a change of approach. Any scientists who attempt to document sasquatch start off handicapped, because they are assuming that sasquatch is like any other animal. Big mistake, because the methods used to document other animals cannot be used to document sasquatch, as they are simply more intelligent than all other animals. The fact that we are even having this discussion is testament to their woodcraft abilities and intelligence, since they have yet to be documented. Anyone who says these things are myth is just wrong.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
its all a money making scheme.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by muircertach
its all a money making scheme.

Probably is, but it seems now with the paper being released (peer review) this week it might be real? www.abovetopsecret.com... see summary of peer review. last two post.

Official citation: “Novel North American Hominins, Next Generation Sequencing of Three Whole Genomes and Associated Studies.”
link and source robertlindsay.wordpress.com...

Is bigfoot real? Its a matter of time maybe?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This might be where some DNA was taken. A bigfoot "licks the trail cam" it sure looks weird and like some kind of head of a person (with lots of hair) take a look.

Bigfoot Licks Trail Camera - Possible Ketchum Study DNA Donor

Published on Feb 13, 2013
This is a Bigfoot actually licking one of my trail cameras and could be a DNA donor

For more information about my research and the DNA study please visit my blog: www.bf-field-journal.blogspot.......

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join