It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador minister finds sex assault claims against Assange 'hilarious'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
He would get weeks, maybe months in prison if convicted in Sweden. Rape carries very little penalty up here, and more so because in his case they were in no way aggravated, which really makes this all the more silly *and thereby giving more reason for concern*.

Concern for what though?

He must be afraid of something genuine and his legal reps are obviously in agreement or they would have told him to just go ahead with it. He's more than likely to be cleared anyway.

Im not entirely sure how the legal ethics work in the UK but here in the states its a no no for a lawyer to advise his client to break the law. Lawyers here can actually be charged with a crime for doing that.

Could there be a possibility Assange is actually guilty of what he is accused of in Sweden? The reason I keep raising that is his legal teams argument on Sweden always invovles the US excuse.

Remember that Assange is Australian, not British. Yes, it's a commonwealth but that limits what the UK can really do.

I dont think it limits what they can do. When a foreign national is charged with a crime one requirement is to notify that person embassy to let them know whats going on in general. It guarantees consular access as well as limited access to the case itself by the embassy / consular rep.

Aside from that requirement (bi lateral as well as UN / International treaty), a nation is allowed to arrest, charge, prosecute and incarcerate a foreign national. A request from one country for the extradition of a foreign national from another country uses the same standards established. Since he is Australian his government can follow the case and gain access to him.

That protocol is designed to allow a foreign government to ensure their national is being treated fairly and has access to the legal system of the country they are in. They can also get invovled when it comes to getting the individual a lwyer etc etc etc.

Recently (2005) the US requested the extradition of a Russian National accused of arms smuggling from the country he was in. That irked Russia off to no end. The same operation also involved a South African Citizen who was in New York city at the time of his arrest.

He received consular access and nothing more.

The responsibility of the foreign nationals government is to make sure the individual has access to the legal system, is not being mistreated or being denied access to resources that are otherwise available to citizens.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb
assange is a plant, a phoney and all this BS palava is designed to
reinforce the idea that he is genuine and on the side of the people.
Any whistleblowers out there - Do Not send any information to wickedleaks.
It will be the death of you and your information.
There are far easier and safer ways to get your information out while
remaining anonymous.

All you have to do to know that wickedleaks is phoney is to take a look at
assanges attitude toward 9/11, and his nothing to see here/accept without
question the governments official story approach - enough said!

And isn't this a strange photograph of bernard manning?

Is this/he even real? Look at the size of him! Red Flag!
Something is seriously wrong with this whole story!
Could he be a fake identity?

If assange was that dangerous to the establishment, he would have been dead
before we ever heard of him.

We are being manipulated - again. IMO.

Indeed! That looks nothing like Bernard Manning! I mean, why the heck is he wearing a military uniform?!?! The guy's a comedian, not a military officer!! en.wikipedia.org...

Oh wait....then again, perhaps you meant Bradley Manning!!! ....Yeah in that case I suppose it would make a bit more sense!
...As for this being a picture of Bradley Manning.....Look how tiny he is! He's like a little elf or something!! I wanna ask him where Keebler Tree is, and if he has a stash of cookies in there!

EDIT ....I did some serious research (In other words I Googled his name on WIkipedia) And I found out that Mr. Manning is indeed a very tiny guy! "Manning was small for his age – as an adult, he reached just 5 ft 2 in (1.57 m) and weighed 105 lb (47.6 kg)" SOUCE
So it would seem that the picture, does indeed hold up to reality, and doesn't appear to be altered...he's just a tiny guy (or a Keebler Elf....I'm still not sure)

edit on 6-7-2012 by bhornbuckle75 because: Added a bunch of crap

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think you might be missing the point by jumping all over the letter of the law. That letter was smudged a long time ago. Whatever is happening is not what it seems, that's for sure. The "rape" charges in Sweden are something else entirely. It's not about that at all.

Please try to read between the lines here. You're smart enough that it needn't be spelled out for you.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I think you might be missing the point by jumping all over the letter of the law. That letter was smudged a long time ago. Whatever is happening is not what it seems, that's for sure. The "rape" charges in Sweden are something else entirely. It's not about that at all.

Things are as they seem and the "rape" charge came about because of Swedish law. Assange being extradicted to Sweden and the issues revolving around that request have absolutely nothing to do with the US. As I stated before if we wanted Assange we would have an easier time extradicting him from the UK than from Sweden.

Please try to read between the lines here. You're smart enough that it needn't be spelled out for you.

Because speculation and reading between the lines has nothing to do with the Swedish case.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
G'day folks

I am sure wikileaks is Al Ciada

If it was fairdinkum the lame stream media would not have promoted wikileaks from the start
anyone doing a leak gets busted as they think its safe, its a psy op

there are many other wikileaks sites or abovetopsecret.com to tell the world stuff but i would steer clear of wikileaks mate

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
For the millionth time. There are no charges in Sweden. He is wanted for questioning. Which incidentaly has been refused by swedish authorities. So if they dont want to question JA then what do they want? They want him detained. That's the whole beayuty of not charging him. As long as the case is open and investigated they can detain him indefinately. If there are charges and a court case JA could just be convicted in absente and issued the small fine that would result from that. So everything could be handled without having JA in custody. Regardless he has spent +500 days in house arrest and swedish authorities want him locked up. That in itself is pretty revealing.

edit on 6/7/2012 by PsykoOps because: added +size just to drive the point home.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
For the millionth time. There are no charges in Sweden. He is wanted for questioning. Which incidentaly has been refused by swedish authorities. So if they dont want to question JA then what do they want? They want him detained. That's the whole beayuty of not charging him. As long as the case is open and investigated they can detain him indefinately. If there are charges and a court case JA could just be convicted in absente and issued the small fine that would result from that. So everything could be handled without having JA in custody. Regardless he has spent +500 days in house arrest and swedish authorities want him locked up. That in itself is pretty revealing.

edit on 6/7/2012 by PsykoOps because: added +size just to drive the point home.

There are currently no charges because the Swedish procedure requires questioning as a preliminary.

It was established in the UK extradition hearings that the Swedish authorities tried for a week to set up a meeting via his lawyer prior to Assange suddenly leaving the country on 27 Sept 2010. In what circumstances is it usual for suspects to insist where they will deign to be seen having fled the jurisdiction ?

Who says the penalty on conviction would be " a small fine " ?

Assange has not been under house arrest. He has been on bail subject to conditions. Yes I would expect the Swedes to lock him up because he is a proven runner.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Oh c'mon. Dont try to bs me. Julian has been to sweden and has been questioned already. So why aren't there charges then? He was told it was ok to leave. He never ran anywhere.
The penalty hardly would be anything else considering it's a case of broken condom. Never heard anyone sitting in jail for that.
He has been under house arrest even thought the swede idiots wanted him in prison actually in Uk. And quit with the nonsense about running anywhere. Swedes could do their little questioning anytime they want yet they refuse.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Oh c'mon. Dont try to bs me. Julian has been to sweden and has been questioned already. So why aren't there charges then? He was told it was ok to leave. He never ran anywhere.
The penalty hardly would be anything else considering it's a case of broken condom. Never heard anyone sitting in jail for that.
He has been under house arrest even thought the swede idiots wanted him in prison actually in Uk. And quit with the nonsense about running anywhere. Swedes could do their little questioning anytime they want yet they refuse.

You obviously don't know anything about the extradition proceedings in UK. It was found as a fact that the Swedish authorities were trying to see Assange for a week before his departure. It is not up to Assange to lay down where he will or wont be seen.

He has not been under house arrest. If he was how do you suppose he could wander into the Ecuadorian embassy ?

Simplisticly trying to minimise the accusations doesn't help make your case. It is more than a torn condom and the UK Supreme Court found that the alleged offences would have been criminal in the UK also

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
>

Minister of Ecuador and anyone else not drinking cool aide thinks the charges against Assange were ridiculous and made up.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The way I heard it was that the two women couldn't make up their minds whether to lay charges and then decided not to, JA hung round for a bit in Sweden to see if the police wanted to question him and then returned to the UK. It was a Right Wing MP in Sweden who took the case up and pushed for JA's extradition. The Right Wing in Sweden is closely allied with the Republicans in the US. Bradley Manning has been pressured for months to say he was associated with JA.

I doubt the UK government would want the job of extraditing JA because it would have raised hell in the UK and Australia. Too many expats in both countries and unpopular Prime Ministers in both. Besides Cameron has enough hornet nests in his lap already and probably wishes JA was anywhere but in the UK.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Originally posted by OutonaLimb
assange is a plant, a phoney and all this BS palava is designed to
reinforce the idea that he is genuine and on the side of the people.
Any whistleblowers out there - Do Not send any information to wickedleaks.
It will be the death of you and your information.
There are far easier and safer ways to get your information out while
remaining anonymous.

All you have to do to know that wickedleaks is phoney is to take a look at
assanges attitude toward 9/11, and his nothing to see here/accept without
question the governments official story approach - enough said!

And isn't this a strange photograph of bernard manning?

Is this/he even real? Look at the size of him! Red Flag!
Something is seriously wrong with this whole story!
Could he be a fake identity?

If assange was that dangerous to the establishment, he would have been dead
before we ever heard of him.

We are being manipulated - again. IMO.

Indeed! That looks nothing like Bernard Manning! I mean, why the heck is he wearing a military uniform?!?! The guy's a comedian, not a military officer!! en.wikipedia.org...

Oh wait....then again, perhaps you meant Bradley Manning!!! ....Yeah in that case I suppose it would make a bit more sense!
...As for this being a picture of Bradley Manning.....Look how tiny he is! He's like a little elf or something!! I wanna ask him where Keebler Tree is, and if he has a stash of cookies in there!

EDIT ....I did some serious research (In other words I Googled his name on WIkipedia) And I found out that Mr. Manning is indeed a very tiny guy! "Manning was small for his age – as an adult, he reached just 5 ft 2 in (1.57 m) and weighed 105 lb (47.6 kg)" SOUCE
So it would seem that the picture, does indeed hold up to reality, and doesn't appear to be altered...he's just a tiny guy (or a Keebler Elf....I'm still not sure)

edit on 6-7-2012 by bhornbuckle75 because: Added a bunch of crap

Ya. I knew it was bradley , but i had bernard manning and bernard mathews on my
mind, for some reason. Another osamo-obama thing i guess.

The guy in the above photo wouldn't get into the army. Look at him. That's why i was
reminded of bernard matthews. bradlet looks like a turkey! (bernard matthews is a large
scale turkey provider/profiteer/slaughterer in the UK.)

This is him as a tennager.

He may be small, but he is not that small! He looks like that girl who never grew
in the original picture.

This is another psy-op, and I am not convinced manning is a real individual. Computer
software is pretty good these days.
It is being made too clear (via false stories) and too obvious just how bad and evil America is.
But it is being scapegoated and sacraficed, as well as Europe, as the new seat of power
of the old roman empire moves to the East, where the sun rises.

Everything about wikileaks screams fake. Even their fake denial that there was anything
to be suspicious about regarding 9/11 stinks. The idea is to indirectly vilify the government
in the eyes of the eastern populice and encourage revolt in the US and European peoples.
Hence Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Egypt. Syria and Iran. It's too obvious. They are being
villified intensionally.
Disaster looms in the west, The only hope is that people wake up to the fakery.
But it ain't happening. Time is short.
edit on 6-7-2012 by OutonaLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well if you dont think manning isn't a real person then provide some evidence. Your assesment of his physical height doesn't cut it. Neither does "Computer software is pretty good these days."
Also WL hasn't denied 9/11 conspiracies. You shouldn't believe everything you read on your web.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
If Assange gets asylum he will have to spend the rest of his day's in the embassy.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nihilistic
If Assange gets asylum he will have to spend the rest of his day's in the embassy.

That's right. He has condemned himself to indefinite imprisonment in a place where he can never stretch his legs outside in the fresh air. Would probably be called inhuman treatment if it was a regular prison.

His duped supporters who put up his bail money must be feeling pretty sick.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

One option raised by Molina is that England give save-conduct (transit pass) to Assange if Ecuador accepts asylum. This kind of pass is given in cases when the State granting asylum, in this case Ecuador, accepts the asylum request. The [procedure should be] then: The Ecuadorian Ministry of Foreign Affairs would deliver a document that certifies [the asylum has been granted to Assange] and then they would ask formally the safe-conduct.
England simply could not answer that request from Ecuador, and that would force Assange to stay at the Embassy for an indefinite time, even years. And that is a situation that, according to diplomatic sources, Ecuador wants to avoid at all costs.

Source

Good summary on all the possible outcomes at this point. He might be stuck or not.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join