It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador minister finds sex assault claims against Assange 'hilarious'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

www.news.com.au

ECUADOR'S foreign minister said sexual assault allegations in Sweden against Julian Assange are laughable, but no ruling has been made on the WikiLeaks founder's asylum application.
"Personally, (I think) this is hilarious," Ecuadoran chief diplomat Ricardo Patino said, explaining Assange "is charged because his condom broke".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Could this be that Assange will get his asylum in Ecuador?
I too think it is laughable that he can be extradited on laws that allow a women to claim rape based on the fact that condoms broke. He maintains it was consensual between himself and the woman.

The USA want him for Wikileaks and it looks like Ecuador may be a safe place for him. Maybe they see the humor in all this and will give him that asylum.

If this is the case it will frustrate the US no end leaving serious egg on someones face.

I wish him all the best

www.news.com.au
edit on 5-7-2012 by magma because: spelling

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This is what happens when you make enemies of people in power.

Really surprised he hasn't gotten a polonium pellet in his coffee yet...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

There's already so much egg on the US's, Sweden's, Australia's, and the UK's respective faces over this that another egg or two won't make any difference at all. It's just about as embarrassing a situation as can arise. Those women must have trouble sleeping at night. You can't sleep with someone and then call it rape just because it didn't turn out as you like. I suspect that most women would call their entire sex lives rape if that were the case! lol

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
These allegations against Assange are not 'hilarious' rather than ludicrous. How the people of the civilized world cannot see these charges as a trumped up vendetta against Assange as anything but international collusion is beyond me.

At least there are some places on this planet that still have common sense and the ability to see the facts as they are.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Everybody knows it is a fix. The charge amounts to women who willingly and hornily having sex with Assange and finding out he was a player.

Then claimed rape because they apparently thought they were in a relationship after a dirty and sweaty one night stand

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
No doubt the claims are bogus and I hope the Ecuadorian government allow him to head there. Assange, keep fighting brother, your cause if worth every penny..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

He could get asylum by the Vatican but it doeesnt change the fact the moment he sets foot outside the embassy he will be arrested.

You cant apply your own laws to Sweden and regardless of what people think about the laws in Sweden, they are their laws.

reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Then Assange should easily win his court case then shouldnt he?

i do find it humorous that he spent all that time demanding people hold leaders accountible when apparently his moral viewpoint doesnt apply to himself.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by magma

He could get asylum by the Vatican but it doeesnt change the fact the moment he sets foot outside the embassy he will be arrested.

You cant apply your own laws to Sweden and regardless of what people think about the laws in Sweden, they are their laws.

i do find it humorous that he spent all that time demanding people hold leaders accountible when apparently his moral viewpoint doesnt apply to himself.

Oh come on! You know that if he goes back to sweden, then chances are, the US will pick him up. If i was him, no way would i go back to sweden to face charges that are clearly false. People say he should go back to clear his name, but it has nothing to do with that. Its about keeping away from the US, who, if they did get him, would put him behind bars for along time.

Yes, thats right, the real criminals will put him behind bars

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

He's in the Ecuadorian Embassy in the UK, not Sweden..

All Ecuador have to do is grant him citizenship and wave the magic "diplomatic passport" wand and no one can legally touch him. All the UK can do at that point is ask for him to leave..

That said, if he has pissed of someone who wants his arse back in America for "justice" and he does give them the slip, he will probably have an "accident" instead in 12 months time while sipping cocktails on the beach..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Oh come on! You know that if he goes back to sweden, then chances are, the US will pick him up.

The flaw with that logic is Assange could more easily extradited from the UK to the US than he could from Sweden to the US. The US and UK have an indepth extradition agreement. Again the excuse he and his lawyers use are based on nothing but catch words that play on emotion rather than facts.

Example -
Assange is not a US citizen and therefore cannot be charged with Treason.
Assange is not an enemy combatent and cannot be sent to Gitmo.
Assange is not an enemy combatent and cannot be charged under military law.
Assange is not an enemy combatent and cannot be tried in a military tribunal.
Assange cannot be waterboarded or anything else of that nature.
Assange cannot face the death penalty since the applicable laws dont allow for it.
Assange cannot be denied access to the legal system or counsel.
Assange cannot be extradited to the US as there are no charges pending against him in the US.
Assange cannot be denied the right to challenge any extradition request.

All of the above are arguments Assange and his legal team have argued over the last couple of years. They are all false and have no basis.

If i was him, no way would i go back to sweden to face charges that are clearly false. People say he should go back to clear his name, but it has nothing to do with that. Its about keeping away from the US, who, if they did get him, would put him behind bars for along time.

You dont know if the charges are valid or not. That is up to Swedish law to investigate the claims and go from there. Constantly trying to blame the US for Assanges actions is also without base. There are no charges pending and there are no extradition requests pending from the US.

This has everything to do with Assange being accused of something by 2 females. He can claim they are lies all he wants but until that is proven we don't know. Hence the reason for the legal system being involved in Sweden. The goal of any investigation is to rule people out as suspects as much as it is to charge and try suspects.

How? Sweden wants him for the sex issue and again the US has not charged him or requested his extradition. By the way refusing to comply with the extradition made Assange a criminal.

Talk about your chickens coming home to roost.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

That is not the cases. If he was appointed as a diplomatic carrier. In theory he should not be arrested. He could also go in a diplomatic box. If the box is marked correctly is cannot be opened...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

That is not the cases. If he was appointed as a diplomatic carrier. In theory he should not be arrested. He could also go in a diplomatic box. If the box is marked correctly is cannot be opened...

The flaw in that argument is the Diplomatic Status. UN Diplomatic protocols requires the nation to accept a persons appointment as an Ambassador / Consular offical / Diplomat and the appointment must come at the request of the government who appointed the Ambassador. Diplomatic immunity attaches when the sending government and the receiving government both agree to it.

In order for your possibility to work requires the UK to formally acknowledge and accept Assange as a person with diplomatic status. The UK can refuse that request meaning diplomatic immunity does not apply. The suggestion about sneaking him out of the country using diplomatic pouches / boxes / crates violates the protocol as only items, not humans, that are destined for offical use can be sent and protected in that manner.

PDF - Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, 1961

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by magma

Oh come on! You know that if he goes back to sweden, then chances are, the US will pick him up. If i was him, no way would i go back to sweden to face charges that are clearly false. People say he should go back to clear his name, but it has nothing to do with that. Its about keeping away from the US, who, if they did get him, would put him behind bars for along time.

If it was like that then he would have been sent out of UK also so that crap do not fly. I find the charges screwed up but it should be settled in court. Afterwards if he is not found guilty of rape then I think we should throw out the women from Sweden who made the accusation because stupidety like this should be against the law if the facts I read are right.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Is it any wonder why most people hate lawyers...

ARR-O-GANT! And quite smug, too...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

www.news.com.au

ECUADOR'S foreign minister said sexual assault allegations in Sweden against Julian Assange are laughable, but no ruling has been made on the WikiLeaks founder's asylum application.
"Personally, (I think) this is hilarious," Ecuadoran chief diplomat Ricardo Patino said, explaining Assange "is charged because his condom broke".

Even if he gets Asylum, he will never make it because he has to leave the embassy to get on a plane.. and the moment he steps foot off the embassy grounds he will be arrested...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Sweden should make claims in this matter to the manufacturer of these condoms,
and not to Assange

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
assange is a plant, a phoney and all this BS palava is designed to
reinforce the idea that he is genuine and on the side of the people.
Any whistleblowers out there - Do Not send any information to wickedleaks.
It will be the death of you and your information.
There are far easier and safer ways to get your information out while
remaining anonymous.

All you have to do to know that wickedleaks is phoney is to take a look at
assanges attitude toward 9/11, and his nothing to see here/accept without
question the governments official story approach - enough said!

And isn't this a strange photograph of bernard manning?

Is this/he even real? Look at the size of him! Red Flag!
Something is seriously wrong with this whole story!
Could he be a fake identity?

If assange was that dangerous to the establishment, he would have been dead
before we ever heard of him.

We are being manipulated - again. IMO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join