It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Stone Shaping and Setting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stonesplitter

I believe that man had the knowledge to do things, we cannot do today, even with the most sophisticated equipment. We are weaker version of our ancestors, when it comes to creating works of stone, like these.
Just MHO.........

Great thread !

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I am also, in awe of these stones. They melt into one another,as if the powers to do so, were polished with thoughts and magics, long forgotten.

I jokingly made a reply on another thread a couple of weeks ago. That we are today a lot less intelligent than the people were back then. And that's why we can't figure it out.

Turns out there' s a full on theory about it. To my surprise.
edit on 5-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Maybe the skill involved human sacrificing,and souls ?

I know,crazy, but I always wondered if it involved something like that.

This is ATS , so why not throw it out there....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

This is ATS , so why not throw it out there....

This is ATS and I'm game.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
@Randyvs, It does make you wonder if the sacrifices were a way of trying to bring back a missing knowledge, or lost understanding of their past by pleasing Kukulcan. They were a very strong and proud people in my opinion, and It's sad that they came to this because their whole way of life was being threatened. Cool movie that, I'll have to watch it again, got it here somewhere in the pile.

@Sonnny, Definitely mate, I love the ancient cultures from this part of the world and Egypt. There's so much we can learn from both these groups. Even looking at ancient Greece and Ireland, these people knew of things we only call "myth" these days. Science is great for understanding basic concepts of the world and beyond, but there comes a time where you have to put all the "school text book" knowledge down and be more open to the currently unexplainable or spiritual aspect.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

..."no clue"... Are you blind or a bit simple? There are millions of clues, every single piece of carved stone is a clue. The style of architecture is a clue. The purpose of the building is a clue.

Again, all you have is words, nothing more. I'm not blind, I actually visited many of these structures and archeological sites, so without a doubt, my knowledge and perspective about this is out of question. I lived in South America many years.

Levitation is one of the possible explanations, like it or not. Your opinion is no more than that, your opinion. You need hard evidence to support your words, and you don't have it, nobody has it. This is so frustrating for you, that the only option you have now is attack me.

You already built a wall like sacsayhuaman, in your head.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Suggest you interested folk look at the subject of Rammed Earth Construction.............. another plausible explantation?

Doesn't explain the strange interlocking shapes, but easier to cast them in place rather than carve the things.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Here is the aforementioned thread from Apr 11:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some interesting info relating to chelation:

www.geopolymer.org...

The organo-mineral complexes are obtained through the intermediary of oxalates, tartrates, succinates, fulvates, etc. .(3) It is known also that the organo-mineral complexes have a very strong dissolving action on the natural silico-aluminates (feldspar, hornblende, laterite, clorite,...) their dissoving action being 2 3 times greater than that of sulphuric acid or hydrochloric acid (4). The most highly acctive organo-mineral complexes are those obtained with oxalic acid, which is found in large quantities in numerous plants (5).

Now, if modern Amerinds were not using chelation, I would say it was a loss of knowledge. The methodology seems to have been known, if by no one else other than shaman and the philosopher that observed nature.

I interrupt this pissing match over who knows what and for how long to remind you that this has been discussed on ATS, and that some informative links have been found.

Now, I return you to your chest pounding and penis measuring.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

There is already several threads made on these two subjects, but I would like to combine the two methods and reinforce that this would be the only logical way to build structures this massive and complex.

Yep. You might notice that I already posted this right near the start of the thread.

Sometimes I actually wonder if some people actually read threads this long (there's that peen analogy again)

Maybe if I shorten it to......oh, lets say 3 lines and a link, it might be easier to comprehend!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It might be easier to comprehend.

More preferable is to nix the tit for tat and agree to disagree. When you create a lot of noise, the signal gets diminished.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I've looked into most of what you are talking about also. Giving energy to the stone can make it lighter, it doesn't have to be acoustical though just energy vibrations. I've still got a lot of research to try to figure out this levitation. I have a feeling that a person can give the stones energy and make them easier to lift. Two people could lift a couple thousand lb. stone, etc... We are constantly reminded that we can't lift heavy objects but I think that is a conditioning that has been instrumented on us. We also lack the same type of muscle structure as other primates that gives them more strength. This muscle change is diet related and is because we eat something that changes the muscle structure making us weak. It also has a little to do with genetics. Some of us can form this type of muscle others can't. I can't prove any of this but am testing different foods on myself, both avoidance and addition of varies food species. I suppose that it'll be another ten years before I can find out what the hell causes this breakdown of the fibers in the muscles.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

That's an interesting take on it mate
I agree that we can physically change ourselves to some degree with correct diet and a more focus on the spiritual, for sure. I think cleansing of lymph nodes and balancing the bodies PH is somewhat part of this. I tend to go a little more for the psychic aspect of it, but good call on a different take on this.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Understood mate

It's frustrating when, a couple in particular, come in with nothing but "nah....this is how it's done","that's how it's done" but bring nothing to the table. I speak from doing this stuff for a living, plus it's mostly theoretical and I keep stating this.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Probably truly one of the most important and amazing mysteries ever discovered. Yes like on the Ancient Alien show they mention the melting of the stones and it is a good one I must say. You can see knobs on some of the larger ones as if they truly came from a mold. But one this that I never read about is why unfinished? Like they started these rows of fine tuned mega blocks and NONE of them looked finished. And about the only thing I have read that makes sense is what came from Ernest Norman (telepathy from a martian leader) He said he was told the martians had a colony on earth in ancient times and it wasn't practical to be on earth.

I am not saying I'm 100% sure this is true but all these large stones seem to show they are unfinished, sure you have crude stones built on which shows an average building technique but most all are unfinished.

It is time to start looking EVERYWHERE for answers and not just what is given to us.

Also check out Gary Wilcox's testimony on youtube ! Your not going to be given a straight answer from Nasa and you know it. There is too much evidence that truly shows artifacts on mars by the tons if you really look, I promise!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A question or two.

No one has commented on the chamfered edges that all the stones in the photos have. Yes it looks nice but I wonder if these are more than just decoration.

This needs to be considered as it maybe key in how the shaped they stones. Cut them in the first place or even could be part of the casting casement.

Many of the large stones bulge ourwards (like a pot belly) and this could indicate the moulds were at their limits if it were indeed cast concrete.

I have only seen pictures of these works. Does anyone know what the face we never see looks like? I ask this because if the edges were angled inwards then this would make the joints (which are amazing) easier to make. Probably using the weight of the stones to actually achieve them.

Just a few questions I wonder if anyone has a supported knowledge of?

edit on 6-7-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

Thanks for the info mate

That's kind of what I think about some of these massive blocks, they either left some unfinished, or deliberately left them for another purpose.....what, I don't know. I would have personally cleaned them up a little more if going to all that effort to build them. They definitely look like softened stone "dags" though.

I also agree there's a few comparisons on Mars to structures down here I think, maybe with pyramids and possibly somethings like the sphinx. There's a real mystery, to me at least, as to who was colonizing these parts in the distant past. Everything from white bearded men to giants could have been there and other places, but I left out any theories in regard to this as to focus more on the structures themselves. That would have opened up a whole big can of worms! I'll add a close up of a section of wall:
To me it really does look like the stone was softened, and scraped here.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

The stone has been legitimately quarried, the sites are named in the links on page 1 (although there's a lot of info to sift through). And yeah, it was questioned about molds or framework, but there's no evidence left over for this. Concrete has a completely different composition to rock though, they're not even similar.

Cheers mate.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

They are only my observations, nothing more.

I still think the chamfers are important and appear to be common to all. Again they could just be decorative but we should not just assume that.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I did research into the construction of the Egyptian pyramids. From the research I did the stone cutting techniques came from the Greeks. The used a metal frame so to speak and then pushed slab into the frame to cut it into shape. They also used water help cut the rocks. Once they had the stones they wanted to they loaded the stones onto the boats and sailed them to the site and pulled them off. I didn't do much research into the transport of the stones however.

When the stone arrived at the site ready to be placed they were placed by way of an internal ramp that was built into the pyramid. A group of French researchers actually found evidence of this ramp, through a type of X-ray. I don't know if I can show proof of this, it comes from an academic journal through my college.

Plus the reason why the stones may seem to fit so well, is the way at least the Egyptians did it. They cut holes into their stones that would hold the extra mortar when placed. Plus they had a great idea of mortar too thin and it would crack, too thick and the stones wouldn't slide into place. It had to be just right so that they would slide into place but not crack upon drying. The holes in the stones allowed for the extra mortar to go into the stone instead of seeping out.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stonesplitter
reply to post by thetiler

Thanks for the info mate

That's kind of what I think about some of these massive blocks, they either left some unfinished, or deliberately left them for another purpose.....what, I don't know. I would have personally cleaned them up a little more if going to all that effort to build them. They definitely look like softened stone "dags" though.

I also agree there's a few comparisons on Mars to structures down here I think, maybe with pyramids and possibly somethings like the sphinx. There's a real mystery, to me at least, as to who was colonizing these parts in the distant past. Everything from white bearded men to giants could have been there and other places, but I left out any theories in regard to this as to focus more on the structures themselves. That would have opened up a whole big can of worms! I'll add a close up of a section of wall:
To me it really does look like the stone was softened, and scraped here.

I look at the pic and all I can think of is how impossible it really does look. It makes no sense at all.
Even the little stones underneath the big one center pic. This isn't possible today. We can't replicate it. Or we would.
edit on 6-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join