It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Food Programme to feed poor schoolchildren Fukushima fish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yes, you read that title correctly. The Japanese government and the United Nations’s World Food Program plan to feed Cambodian schoolchildren fish from areas affected by the massive earthquake and tsunami last year that sparked the Fukushima nuclear crisis. They call this food aid!

The food aid, supplied by the Japanese Foreign Ministry’s Official Development Assistance program, provides fish from tsunami-affected areas to schoolchildren in Cambodia, Ghana, the Congo, Senegal and Sri Lanka. WFP country director Jean-Pierre de Margerie said 124 tonnes of fish that arrived in Cambodia in March had been tested by Japan and two independent superintendents before it was approved after returning universally negative results for radiation. “If there was any risk with any in-kind food given to WFP, we simply don’t accept that contribution,” he said. “Every time I go into the field, I eat with the beneficiaries, and I plan to do the same thing with Japanese fish.” De Mangerie said the fish arrived in March and would be distributed in October through a more than decade-old program encouraging parents in poor areas of Cambodia to send their kids to school by providing breakfast as an incentive. He said the food had been sourced from Hokkaido and Aomori prefectures – both hundreds of kilometres from the Fukushima Daichii nuclear power plant. But fish for the program has, according to a Japanese news report, been sourced from areas such as Ibaraki prefecture, which at its closest border is slightly more than 50 kilometres from the plant.

www.phnompenhpost.com...

There have been Japanese opponents to the plan.

Yukie Tokura from Stop! Hamaoka Nuclear Power Plant, a campaign to shut down a plant that operates in an area where a magnitude-8 earthquake is thought to be 87 per cent likely in the next 30 years, has been protesting the ODA/WFP program and said she was ashamed by what she called the unethical double standards of the Japanese government. “It seems that the Japanese government force ‘the fish that Japanese people don’t want to buy’ on developing countries under the name of International Aid,” she said by email.

But of course the WFP does not need to disclose any facts regarding this matter. Why?

The WFP has said that the results of testing conducted on the fish are not made public because of internal policies.

The poorest in the world are always treated as lab rats.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

The plan of the Elite's depopulation policy...poison the poorest of nations and make the working class the taxpayers for life. Sad world...but it is business as usual for the Japanese

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Could I get a glass of arsnik with me fuku fish. Thank you. Look mommy I can breath fire.... yoda flame...

edit on 5-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Not like america hasnt been doing this for decades to kids with McDiabetes & every other disease in a fun size box or can available today. It's just that here its out in the open people have been willingly poisoning their children the world over with the poor excuse for food served at these places, these people just dont have a choice whether the kids eat it or not they dont have a choice eat or die.

/end of rant, its 4th of July Happy Junk Food Dependence Day

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Nothing says lovin' like something radioactive from the oven I guess.

This is an awful thing to do IMO. I can only shake my head out of frustration. :shk:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Hmmmmm. I'll leave that here.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ebumping
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Yes, I live in Phnom Penh and I saw that article in the newspaper. Are you suggesting there is a link between the two? I doubt it myself.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I would never truly rule out the possibility. The dangers facing the human race are things that most people won't think about until after the damage is done. Is there anyone who's voiced their concern about a relation? Would we even hear about it?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This Food is double/ tribble Checked
and free of any Radioactive Isotopes,
there is no Risk for the Children of
Cambodia or anywhere else!

When you disagree please go there
or organize a Foodsample and when
you are able to find any Radioactivity
you got a big Story with Headlines!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Uhhhhh....

articles.cnn.com...:ASIA

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ebumping
hisz.rsoe.hu...

oops, did not see yours already posted. Not sure about a link, but, seems fishy, no pun intended.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
This Food is double/ tribble Checked
and free of any Radioactive Isotopes,
there is no Risk for the Children of
Cambodia or anywhere else!

When you disagree please go there
or organize a Foodsample and when
you are able to find any Radioactivity
you got a big Story with Headlines!!!

You may be right however, why is the fish not sold on the local (Japanese) market? Why is it being shipped to developing countries?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

This Fish is from the North but they was not
able to sale this Fish in the first Months after
03/11, so the Goverment bought it instead of
giving the Fishermen subsidaries.

Since they started this Worlfoodprogram a lot
of "strange Food" goes into this Aid!

I don't like this Program but sometimes it is
better than nothing.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Have you seen the map (something like a 500km radius from the plant) in the mega thread depicting tests of ocean contamination?

Have you seen in the news how Bluefin tuna swimming up to the coasts of North America are now contaminated?

I'd love to believe they're tested for safety and passed. I'm sure everyone would. Coming from official mouths, it should make us all feel warm and fuzzy.

...But then again, what is "safe"? 500 bq/kg?

And, what of the track record of those "official mouths" doing the talking?

I wouldn't touch that fish and I sure as heck would not feed it to my children. Sad times...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Now, I dont like this idea one bit, but can we get a news report without the propaganda and fear-mongering?

Nowhere in the source does it say these are fish from fukushima. It says flat out that they are from 50 or more km away.

Your headline is false and misleading.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You may not like the idea of the fish being fed to the starving kids, but if its free of radioactivity and ok for human consumption, than I see no reason not too. You all understand why it can't be fed to the japaneese right? It's the reason you have a problem with this thread, it scares you, and therefor how can they sell food to people that scares them, regardless of being safe? That's how companies go out of business.

The issue isn't the fish, the issue is the whole world's oceans will be contaminated, to eat fish soon that doesn't have radioactivity is just not gonna work. But rest assure, your bombarded by more radiation from everyday things more than those kids will get in their life time. Pretty sure they won't be holding smart phones to their heads, an the 5 billion other things we do every day that supposedly causes us harm. I'm truckin forward, and having a blast as I can, as soon as the third arm, second head, 3rd nipple, or death ensues, I'll stop, but till then......
edit on 7-7-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

link   
My mouse isn't that sensitive... Delete me

edit on 7-7-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

link   
Never before were our children fed shrimp at their school until this summers school. I had warned the children not to eat any fish served no matter what. Thy know about BP and we have been expecting this. They have to pawn it off just as they did and continue to do with the BSE infected cow meat.

It is crazy but think about it. Look into the meals they are preparing for children, what does that say for the agenda of the future?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Your comments are disturbing. It would behoove you to study a bit and connect with the real people who are studying this alarming development. Your food is not safe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join