It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter to the San Francisco Bohemian Club

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Open Letter to the San Francisco Bohemian Club

www.projectcensored.org

Dear Mr. Boesch,

Media Freedom Foundation/Project Censored has joined a coalition of some twenty-five social justice organizations and occupy groups to protest the San Francisco Bohemian Club’s practices at your annual summer encampments.

We are holding an Occupy Bohemian Grove protest in Monte Rio on July 14, 2012. For publicity and information on this event see: www.occupybohemiangrove.com...

Occupy groups from five cities are involved in protesting your annual summer encampment of the rich and powerful 1%. Given that it takes $588,000 in assets to be in the top 1% of the wo
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.occupybohemiangrove.com

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The President of Project Censored, Peter Phillips, has sent a letter to the Bohemian Club regarding their annual conspiracy famous 'Bohemian Grove' retreat. The letter is intended to be a peaceful acknowledgement to the Bohemian Club that there are people very aware of their gathering and their public policy addressing in the form of the Lakeside Talks and other informal interaction. The letter lists several 'suggestions' to help alleviate the 'rumours' that have been exasperated by their secrecy.

It isn't often that we see on this forum, or any other forum, a direct communication to a conspiracy themed institution. Project Censored has been active in disseminating news that has been repressed in the mainstream media. While there is no expectation of any official reply, it is certainly noteworthy that such a communication has been undertaken.

www.projectcensored.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
really ?

Given that it takes $588,000 in assets to be in the top 1%

that makes me a ` member ` of the 1% how many more ` 1%ers ` are there on ATS - and how many will actually admit it

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Yeah...not sure why that made it in there. I'm thinking typo...or math based on the total number of people in the world...

edit on Thu, 05 Jul 2012 00:34:20 -0500 by MemoryShock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wow, now this would be something to see. I would really have a HUGE amount of respect for any group that could actually "occupy" "The Grove" in *LARGE* numbers. There's no point attempting to do so in small numbers as the police and security forces will just drag them all away in buses and charge them with trespassing on private property. But if enough people actually occupied the grounds of "The Grove" or even the wilderness that surrounds it, it would be quite an accomplishment. You will need a *VERY LARGE* amount of people to pull it off though. The best idea would be to "occupy" the wilderness area around the Bohemian Grove's property and make so much noise it puts a massive damper on their weird ass'd ceremonies. To guarantee the safety of each other under the second amendment everyone should bring along in the very least a .22 caliber hunting rifle or shotgun.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
hmmm.. interesting.

Wonder how they will respond to their requets?

My guess is ..sorry but no one tells us how to run our private club.

I don't like what these guys do as far as planning and manipulating the events, with government and corporations and such.

If they are breaking any laws they need to be accountable, but that being said. I find it rather odd, that a Media Freedom Foundation and OWS protestors, who are so vocal about "free speech", and their rights to privacy in so many other ways, would start requesting a private club to allow female members, and to set up an open feed mike to the outside as events are occuring ?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see wrong doing exposed, but isn't this a bit much to be requesting from a private club ?

We Recommend that:

1. The Bohemian Grove recognize the rights of humankind to enjoy a fair share of the common heritage of the ancient redwood forest by opening the Grove to tours on a regular basis when club members are not assembled—

2. The Bohemian Club begin a policy of admitting women and arranging the Grove to accommodate both genders—

3. The lakeside chats and other addresses by key policy officials be made public on-line and transcripts prepared and published—

4. The Cremation of Care ceremony be transformed into a building of unity of care in the world and the ceremony be made public on-line—

5. The Bohemian Club set up an on-line live feed from the main stage and field circle, as events are occurring.

edit on 5-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
really ?

Given that it takes $588,000 in assets to be in the top 1%

that makes me a ` member ` of the 1% how many more ` 1%ers ` are there on ATS - and how many will actually admit it

If that ridiculous sum is all it takes, I am entitled multiple memberships to the 1% club...oh, almost forgot, I am also a proud member of the "mile-high club", multiple times

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
Don't get me wrong, I would love to see wrong doing exposed, but isn't this a bit much to be requesting from a private club ?

It might be a bit much to order a private club to do so but to request? No!

Besides...there is little chance that the Bohemian Club will comply. I see this letter more like an opportunity to let them know that the protest isn't just a bunch of hippies or unorganized occupiers. It's a direct cogent communication which indicates an acknowledgment that the secrecy, and amount of money represented within that secrecy, are unacceptable when considering the amount of lives that are effected by these decisions.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I hope they all get maced and thrown in the wagon n took downtown..... terrorist

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I'll be taking my documentary video crew to the west coast for this one. Probably have to stand on a couple of appleboxes to get a decent shot, there will be so many filmmakers and news crews around.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I'll be taking my documentary video crew to the west coast for this one. Probably have to stand on a couple of appleboxes to get a decent shot, there will be so many filmmakers and news crews around.

Really? I'll be there; I'm on the committee setting up the protest...so I'll be there early in the morning. There are going to be plenty of media there from all over. RT is going to be there and we have several groups who will be live streaming. If you want, u2u me and perhaps we can touch base. Will you be there for the 14th or 22nd?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by olaru12

Really? I'll be there; I'm on the committee setting up the protest...so I'll be there early in the morning. There are going to be plenty of media there from all over. RT is going to be there and we have several groups who will be live streaming. If you want, u2u me and perhaps we can touch base. Will you be there for the 14th or 22nd?

I hope you'll continue posting during the protest, and give us a link for your live stream.

You will be in my thoughts, and hoping you stay safe, and that you get the chance somehow to have some actual meaningful conversations with some of these players at the grove. Who knows.. maybe you could get a couple of interesting interviews, and with the right approach, awaken their hearts and minds to some better choices.

I know, I know..I'm probably dreaming ..but never say never.
edit on 5-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

There will be much documentation presented here and of course warning and links for the live streaming before the 14th arrives. Regarding the interviews with the Grovers...I think that the target audience is the 99%. Someone in the committee rightfully stated recently, regarding this letter oddly enough, that their opinion/response shouldn't be considered and doesn't matter...

We just need to know what they are doing and tell everyone...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

reply to post by WhisperingWinds

There will be much documentation presented here and of course warning and links for the live streaming before the 14th arrives. Regarding the interviews with the Grovers...I think that the target audience is the 99%. Someone in the committee rightfully stated recently, regarding this letter oddly enough, that their opinion/response shouldn't be considered and doesn't matter...

We just need to know what they are doing and tell everyone...

Doesn't seem like the kind of attitude that might get them to listen.

You think protesting will change their minds? If you have an attitude that you don't care what they think, you're just inviting more contempt, are you not?

It might bring awareness to a small number, or even the masses but what does awareness do ?.. if you can't change the hearts and minds of those who have power financially ?

Not much it appears....just more fuel for anger, more fuel for chaos and rioting, which does nothing to help the cause in the end, except cause deaths, and more bitterness.

This is what I don't like about some OWS members. They don't want to try and actually bridge, they seem to want to carry signs, and shout a lot, and show their anger, to people who's opinions they do not even care about. So you think they will care about you? You think they would even look at your "requests' /"demands" for their own PRIVATE club without snorting . They roll their eyes up at the people who scream for constitutional rights and freedoms, than come along demanding what they do with their privacy.

OWS needs to be careful, because loud angry protests do not change much, unless you are electing smart ,just people to turn the tides, in the places that matter.

Angry loud protests is what will bring about martial law, so all those screaming and streaming to stir up an angry country, will be the ones responsible for the consequences that follow.

Treating the enemy that carries all the cards and has all the power with a little dignity, while you plead your case, might actually help certain things to get turned around.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
Doesn't seem like the kind of attitude that might get them to listen.

Treating the enemy that carries all the cards and has all the power with a little dignity, while you plead your case, might actually help certain things to get turned around.

I agree. Cordial discourse goes a long way in showing that there is validity to potential interaction. But there is no reason for them to listen if there is no general comprehending in the public. The decisions get made, in partial, amongst many of these people while the people truly believe that the decisions get made in Congress or the White House.

This kind of dichotomy is very important because right now...if people did a google search...most of the information would point to cultish rituals that just won't get taken seriously.

I don't advocate violence and I certainly advocate peaceful actions for change...but the need to correct the misinterpretations that are rampant far outweigh the need to discuss anything with the Grove right now...other wise you run the risk of the people trying to inform everyone getting pacified...

Everything in its' place...and I am sure that Project Censored will continue this. I would actually like to see direct communication to acknowledge things that are currently being developed or projects currently underway. Nothing like giving an outsider opinion on something they considered to be their secret to jostle their personal preconceptions...and hopefully something of that nature can be gleaned through the next years research...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I will attempt, if possible, to talk to some of them if I see them...to give them positive spin with the protest...I don't think they are all malicious and part of what we could do is certainly show them our point of view in hopes that they have just never considered it before...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I will attempt, if possible, to talk to some of them if I see them...to give them positive spin with the protest...I don't think they are all malicious and part of what we could do is certainly show them our point of view in hopes that they have just never considered it before...

I wish you all the best, and will pray and hope for their hearts and minds to be willing to look inward, and question their own motives , and the means they use to accomplish them.

God bless, and if you don't believe in a traditional type God, may a good and just force be with you all.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It would be more interesting to put under surveillance this club if you ask me, a petition is laughable in many ways.
I don't believe 100% of that girl O'brien anyways

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
For those interested...

Bohemian Club special this Friday on KPFA Project Censored Morning Mix Show 8-9 AM

Live coverage of Occupy Bohemian Grove this Saturday July 14 will be on:

Live Video: 12-4 PM PST noliesradio.org...
Live Radio coverage: 2-4 PM PST www.kpfa.org...

new topics

top topics

join