Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Vote for Orphen Fire (Summation)

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I somehow didn't get the memo, but EH. I would have been the greatest Regent, ever, but hey, sit happens.

Still, you can vote for me (I guess), by flagging this thread.

Edit: Or not. You cannot vote for me, I think. Or anyone else. I have not the ability to flag any of the threads in this forum.
edit on 7/4/2012 by OrphenFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Here is the ATS News Interview with Candidate OrphanFire for everyones perusal, so that you know his stance on the issues and why you should be voting for this candidate!

My Next interview was with Candidate OrphenFire who has been a citizen of ATS Virtual World for almost 3 years now, albeit one who has encountered some fines for disobeying the law. He appears to be one citizen who believes in the motto of ATS and that is to "Deny Ignorance". Therefore, without further ado I give you the interview:

First allow me to thank you for taking the time out of your busy campaign schedule to conduct this interview with ATS News.

Thank you for your time, as well.

You have yet to create a platform (thread) in which you state for the citizens upon what issues you are running. Is this something you intend to rectify in the near future?

As I think more on the subject of my Regency, perhaps a dedicated thread would be in order. Yes, I will be making one soon, outlining the views of my Party in more detail.

You stated in one of the threads posing questions to the candidates that you do not see the need for any improvement concerning those citizens who have recently immigrated to ATS Virtual World, yet, other candidates are suggesting a need for more assistance in this area. What makes you believe that this is not an area of ATS which would benefit from improvement?

A helpful hand is always welcome, and I don't discourage helping others, especially new members, at all. However, I don't think the site itself needs any sort of overhaul. One thing that does come to mind is perhaps a brief survey of those creating new accounts that asks "What sort of topics do you find interesting?" The user answers, and the site guides them to those forums. It's been a long time since I joined, and if I remember, there wasn't such a feature in place. I don't know what sorts of challenges new members face nowadays, but my integration into ATS society was fairly easy, even without such a "here are some topics that match your interests" feature.

How do you see the role of Regent with yourself in the seat?

If I am to be Regent, I see myself as the voice of the common ATS member. As Regent, I would have the ability to voice the concerns of every ATS'er directly to the site and be guaranteed recognition and response. My voice would carry weight and demand attention, not for my own sake, but for the sake of every member.

You have the appearance of one of the "grammer nazi's" we see occasionally in ATS Virtual World. Is this a trait you believe beneficial to the citizens of ATS should you be elected Regent?

I am not really what one calls a "grammar nazi". My remarks about such were made in jest. Truthfully, I prefer speaking, reading and writing things that are spoken and written properly. Some people do not take the time to formulate grammatically sound posts in which to convey their ideas. A person could have the best idea in the world and if it is poorly written, then who will listen? One's grammar and spelling do not necessarily reflect the legitimacy of what they have to say, but generally speaking, people do pay more attention to a well written essay than to a jumble of run-on sentences with no clear paragraphs. I think any one who esteems to become Regent of ATS would agree with me on this matter.

Do you see yourself as someone who could properly advocate for all citizens of ATS Virtual World regardless of race or creed, ignorance or intelligence levels?

I do see myself as one who would advocate for all members of ATS, without regard to race, creed, ignorance or intelligence levels. First of all, race and creed mean nothing to me in terms of how important one person may be. Ignorance is a crutch, and is eliminated with knowledge. Intelligence is not an easily definable trait, but I can safely say that most here at ATS are of average to above-average intelligence levels. Even so, if the mentally retarded voice their opinion to me, I will listen.

What is it about you that you find benefical to our world if chosen as Regent?

I take tasks seriously. Even though my initial post regarding ATS Regency was written in satire, I honestly believe I would be a great member to be called Regent. In the real world, I have worked in charge of projects before and I always listen to my teams. No one is ever overlooked and every idea is always taken into account. I would take my job seriously as Regent, and always strive for excellence and the betterment of our community.

Again, thank you for taking time to interview me.

And we here at ATS News, as well the citizens of ATS thank you!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

We are able to flag your thread no problem!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Flagged you and adding you to the tally list!!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thanks guys! (: I still can't flag anybody else's...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Thats weird, go ask intrepid why... hes the supermod over us!
edit on 5-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

join