It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atmokinesis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Did anyone feel that they were able to modify atmospheric conditions?
This is called atmokinesis. Now, before you say impossible, please remember that this is very serious, and is even studied by science. It seems that some occurrences are actually real. A study recently went as such: scientists asked a big bunch of people to ask for great weather, and great weather it became. Of course the causality direction is the main concern: did the weather went good by itself, followed by people believing that they influenced it, or did people influenced it, followed by the weather going great. I would like to discuss here if you think it's possible, scientific evidences, etc.

edit on 4-7-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
yes the siddhis are real.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Would love to see the evidence of this. Not just take your word for it and be called a troll if I don't.
I've personally never heard of any tests revolving around this. Actually, I never even heard of Atmokinesis.
If its true though, hey, lets go with it.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

What?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Duh.
I can't recall the name of the woman who studied atmokinesis... Theresa- something... I'll have to Google it.

Edit: Here it is: Theresa M. Kelly, MsD. is the Professor of Psychical Studies at the University of Alternative Studies.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
siddhis = jesus powers lol.
i've witnessed a few of them, even done little things myself. but i won't get into that. not here of all places, not where ignorance is denied(yes thats sarcasm as ATS is probably filled with the most ignorant people the internet has to offer)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Mate, people that reported atmokinesis were really not into Jesus beliefs. They were just people, like you and me.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

This is called atmokinesis. Now, before you say impossible, please remember that this is very serious, and is even studied by science. It seems that some occurrences are actually real. A study recently went as such: scientists asked a big bunch of people to ask for great weather, and great weather it became. Of course the causality direction is the main concern: did the weather went good by itself, followed by people believing that they influenced it, or did people influenced it, followed by the weather going great. I would like to discuss here if you think it's possible, scientific evidences, etc.

Called Psudoscience.

Pretty much the only 2 studies i read, where debunked almost immediately under peer review. Why? Because they skewed the results using weather forecasts. (IE - Forecast said 'fine and sunny' they asked people to 'wish for good weather', zomg it became good weather.

So post the study please

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Mate, people that reported atmokinesis were really not into Jesus beliefs. They were just people, like you and me.

facepalm
2nd

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
IIRC, on the old Art Bell radio show, some experiments were done with listeners on this subject. That was over 15 years ago. I'll see if I can find a podcast of one of those shows. They had some seemingly, pretty interesting results.

Des

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruk

There is more than two occurrences of atmokinesis. Just Google the word. Yahoo answers, forums, all over the World Wide Web, this phenomenon is reported. Some of them may be fake. But are they all?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks, Des.
That would help alot.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

This is called atmokinesis. Now, before you say impossible, please remember that this is very serious,

IMPOSSIBLE!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Castillo

Wow. Your post is so revealing, full of information, I should make it a book.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Thanks, Des.
That would help alot.

I went to Coast to Coast and looked. They only archive Art's shows back to 2,002, except for the classic shows. I did a search on the site with atmokinesis, nothing came up. Sorry

But, I remember them well. He had some guests on talking of the effects of mass mind effort. effecting weather in certain areas. The experiments were done over a period of time, and Art actually got pretty freaked out by some of the results.

He decided to not repeat them after a few times of being shook up. He said he was not comfortable with the possibilities of his listeners causing bad weather for others, if it was working as it seemed to be.

Anyone else remember those broadcasts?

Des

edit on 4-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I don't get it.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Yes, that's it. "Mass mind effort" were the keywords. Thanks again! Now, the theory is simple: if a mass may be able to influence barometric pressure, what about individuals? That's the big question.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I don't get it.

don't worry one day you will

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Interesting.
Never heard of it.
I don't believe it's possible to create storms,seed clouds or whip up a sandstorm with the mind.
Would be a pretty cool ability though.

Also called meteokinesis
Atmokinesis

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Vandettas

Duh.
I can't recall the name of the woman who studied atmokinesis... Theresa- something... I'll have to Google it.

Edit: Here it is: Theresa M. Kelly, MsD. is the Professor of Psychical Studies at the University of Alternative Studies.

Oh I see she sells a book about it
ETA just because some woman who believes in it, writes a book or studies it, doesn't mean it's true.
I think she's a self appointed doctor. I'm not impressed with her credentials at her self made so called university, that has courses she's also selling.

Biography
Dr. Kelly is the President and Professor of Psychical (Consciousness) Studies at the University of Alternative Studies, an international higher education institution offering academic degree programs and introductory courses in professional scientific Parapsychology. UAS was founded in 2009 to provide 21st century cutting-edge consciousness education regardless of location or prior education, to stimulate public interest in Parapsychology, and to support psychical research initiatives. UAS education involves current interdisciplinary research in Parapsychology, Biophysics, Psychology, Neuroscience, and Quantum Physics. UAS Website: qpsychics.com...

edit on 4-7-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join