It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from British Columbia Canada

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Runciter33

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

Originally posted by Downturn
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Be careful what you ask for, we've been getting some seriously bad storms here as of late and have caused allot of damage. (in Calgary) . from golf ball hail to wind storms sending rain sideways and ripping signs off buildings, however the last thunderstorm we had the other day had the most incredible light show Ive ever had the privilege to see, there was constant strikes of light, it was impossible to not get a good shot.

we had a small grass fire a couple days back but that was caused by some idiot not lightning.

When I was a kid, twice lightning struck near by. Once when I was in grade 2 and we were at school and a big storm hit. Because they weren't sure on if it was going to spawn a tornado they had us practice ducking under the desk. Then lightning hit one of the uprights in the field that we shared with the high school kids. It was loud and knocked the power out. The other time was either the same year and we lived across the street from an outdoor public swimming pool. A big storm came up and lightning struck one of the light poles for the pool.
I was terrified of the storms when I was a kid but since then I've grown a love for thunderstorms. A beautiful powerful act of God/Mother Nature.

White Spot on the Ridge update: Still seeing them often but not daily. Boyfriend has seen them a couple times since I have pointed out the spot. It's really hard with how small it is and how far away it is. We're both curious as to what we see up there sometimes. I'll try to see if I can find some pics of the area and show you roughly where they are spotted.

I have heard of several cases where a ufo is seen to seemingly power up from storms/lightning. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i also seem to recall about the "Surrey corridor" here in BC that the place in question has a bunch of power lines or there is a hydro station there? I'm not too familiar with Vancouver area though. Never lived there, not sure if i'd want to live in that big of a city. I've maxed out at Victoria and Kelowna, those are almost enough in size as far as cities go.

Knoledgeispower i like your new avatar picture. I used to sit outside on my back porch as a kid and watch thunderstoms. I love storms. I slept through the only one we've had, and apparently it was a big one. Kind of disappointed that i missed it. I think being a storm chaser would be an exciting job, though not sure if i'd have the balls to get too close, probably if i was there already, but it looks like a dangerous occupation. Some of those guys on youtube are pretty nuts lol

No the guys on youtube are dumb asses with a death wish. You should only storm chase if you are a professional. Storms are so complex and unpredictable even professionals can lose their lives chasing storms.

My Mom and Dad were in Black Friday in Edmonton Alberta in 1987. A huge 5 tornado touched down, my older sister who was 2 slept through it and my Mom had never been in a tornado so she was unsure as to what blew out the windows in the apartment and still didn't fully comprehend what she was seeing when she looked outside, as she had never seen a Tornado so close. Then it headed towards the industrial site where my Dad worked at Computer Log. He was out in the yard when the siren went off and had to quickly duck under the bay doors before it closed up. Most people had cleared out so he had to hide under a semi truck. The tornado came and blew off the bay doors. If that truck hadn't been there I would have been born a couple months later without a Father. After the industrial park it headed over to the trailer park but because it was the long weekend most of the residents were not home, a lot of lives were saved.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Better get out there and enjoy the weather while it lasts..

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

No the guys on youtube are dumb asses with a death wish. You should only storm chase if you are a professional. Storms are so complex and unpredictable even professionals can lose their lives chasing storms.

My Mom and Dad were in Black Friday in Edmonton Alberta in 1987. A huge 5 tornado touched down, my older sister who was 2 slept through it and my Mom had never been in a tornado so she was unsure as to what blew out the windows in the apartment and still didn't fully comprehend what she was seeing when she looked outside, as she had never seen a Tornado so close. Then it headed towards the industrial site where my Dad worked at Computer Log. He was out in the yard when the siren went off and had to quickly duck under the bay doors before it closed up. Most people had cleared out so he had to hide under a semi truck. The tornado came and blew off the bay doors. If that truck hadn't been there I would have been born a couple months later without a Father. After the industrial park it headed over to the trailer park but because it was the long weekend most of the residents were not home, a lot of lives were saved.

Never heard of Black Friday before, sounds like it was an intense experience. Yeah, i'd have to be meteorologist or some kind of weather professional to be a legitimate storm chaser. I think it would be exciting though to get up close to some of those tornadoes. I have had some pretty vivid tornado dreams before, i can remember at least 3 or so, and i usually forget most dreams soon after waking up.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Runciter33

I watched some episodes of Storm Chasers on the Discovery Channel and some of the storms were wicked. One of the members lost his life though. It was pretty sad. They didn't go into too much detail other then he was at home when it happened and surrounded by loved ones when he went.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

That is sad. A teacher in high school said that a tornado can pop your ear drums because of the air pressure, and that always freaked me out, more than even the possibility of getting tossed around by wind. Who knows how much truth is to that, but it was a teacher that told me, so i assumed he knew what he talking about. Now that i'm older i know that's not necessarily an assumption one should make, Ha!

All quiet on the UFO front for me. Venus kind of tripped me out last night though lol. Cold weather too soon, i want another summer. Go to Australia or something. Why do summers go so fast? Is it because its Canada and we get gipped on the season of summer? Global warming needs to give BC longer summers, i don't think that's too much to ask.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Welcome fellow neighbour B.C.er..........

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Runciter33

That is sad. A teacher in high school said that a tornado can pop your ear drums because of the air pressure, and that always freaked me out, more than even the possibility of getting tossed around by wind. Who knows how much truth is to that, but it was a teacher that told me, so i assumed he knew what he talking about. Now that i'm older i know that's not necessarily an assumption one should make, Ha!

All quiet on the UFO front for me. Venus kind of tripped me out last night though lol. Cold weather too soon, i want another summer. Go to Australia or something. Why do summers go so fast? Is it because its Canada and we get gipped on the season of summer? Global warming needs to give BC longer summers, i don't think that's too much to ask.

I looked it up, Barotrauma to the eardrums, which is caused by different pressures inside and outside the eardrum. Your eardrums may be damaged to some degree from a tornado.

I had a plane on a very strange flight path the other night while I was walking home from work. It was doing small circles over the city but not in the usual flight path that the planes take. it was a smaller circle then they normally do. Other then that, when my boyfriend and I last talked about the objects seen on the mountain, I asked him how big, whatever it is, must be for us to see it the size it is and he said about 40-50ft tall.

I don't like the hot summers of the Okanagan, it's considered a desert. That being said, we got snow on our ski hill yesterday
I rather Spring and Fall all the time

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hi All2Human, & Egyptia thank you for the welcome, good to be here.

Knoledgeispower - well you did the obvious thing and looked it up, so thanks for that, helps confirm that air pressure from a tornado could in fact possibly blow you eardrums as my teacher claimed.

It is funny you mention the plane, i was just reading yesterday in a book by John Keel regarding phantom planes, and how they correlate and seem to happen around the same time and place as ufo flaps in history. There was a wave of ghost planes in 1933-34 in Sweden and Norway. I'll quote a short snippet from the book;

On April 30, 1934, Major General Reutersward, commanding general
of upper Norrland, Sweden, issued the following statement to the
press:

"Comparison of these reports shows that there can be no doubt about
illegal air traffic over our secret military areas. There are many reports
from reliable people which describe close observations of the enigmatic
fliers . And in every case the same remark has been noted: No insignias
or identifying marks were visible on the machine . . . . It is impossible to
explain away the whole thing as imagination. The question is: Who are
they? And why have they been invading our air territory?"

[From 'Operation Trojan Horse' p. 119]

galaksija.com...

Not saying the plane you saw was anything out of the ordinary, though in the book he describes these mysterious planes as doing odd maneuvers. He mentions the same thing with airships in the late 1800's, helicopters, even a vehicle that allegedly glided on the road without wheels.

Just finished the book this morning actually, pretty compelling read all things considered. Contains some really interesting and bizzare UfO related stories i haven't heard of before. Book reminded me of Jacques Vallee's 'Passport to Magonia' in many respects, another book i found and read online.

Yes, Kelowna summers were overwhelming at times. Remember not being able to sleep a couple nights because of the heat.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2012 by Runciter33 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wow there ares a lot of BritishColumbians in here!

Welcome... to all of you

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I was pretty sure about the tornado thing but I thought I'd double check cause I was 5-6yrs old when I learned most about tornadoes so some things are a bit fuzzy.

I'll have to check out your links and the book.
I really liked when I went onto that bcufo site and read the oldest ufo sighting in their History section. I did a bit more back round work into it....here's the thread about the sighting Possible UFO sighting in BC in 1897
...and there were a bunch of sightings that year in Texas and other places in the states. Mystery Airship Read the whole article, it's pretty interesting.
(i was born in 1987)

edit on 15-9-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hey HIWATT, thanks for the welcome

knoledgeispower, checked out that thread of yours about the old school Van UFO sighting, hadn't heard of it before i don't think. You might have seen it already, i left a little thing about the Surrey corridor.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Thanks for the info about the Surrey Corridor. I did not know about it. It's not called Supernatural British Columbia for nothing. Makes me wonder what it is that draws the Supernatural, ley lines, previous history of some huge event like radiation/electricity????

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Hi , I am a BCer too. Have not been in here for a long time and have just returned yesterday.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I would still consider Calgary the prairies , the city itself is in a bit of a valley but as soon as you leave teh city to the east its flat land haha

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Elderlight - cool, thanks for stopping by.
Good BC representation here it seems.

Downturn - Ah ok. Now that i think about it, i remember the drive from Edmonton to Calgary being pretty.. straight lol.

knoledgeispower - yeah, UFO BC is the only place i could find any info on the Surrey Corridor. You'd think the power station would have something to do with, but maybe there is some portal or energy vortex there, not that i claim to know what that even really means. It is odd how sightings occur in certain areas. According to John Keep they correlate to certain magnetic areas around the earth.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Being a sci-fi/fantasy fan I am going to have to dig up your suggestions, so a thank you for that!
There does appear to be a few of us here on ATS. I'm just happy that more and more people are waking up. I remember 25 years ago when I would speak about these things to people and I might as well have been speaking an alien language..............not to mention that they would always think I was 'loco'. I was flabbergausted at the level of sleepy ignorance way back when.

I kept thinking that something has got to give to wake people up. Slowly but surely the momentum is building. Apparently there is a peculiar vortex of positive and negative energy on the Island making it unique in terms of energy. Maybe that is why we have the highest concentration of mentally ill people? I also heard that there are parts of B.C. with anomalous activity and unusual vortexes and occurrences that have been covered up by the government.

In my travels I have met a few people who had something to do with some of what was covered up. Interesting stuff!
edit on 27-9-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Yes i agree with you , not only about more people waking up but about the island being a place of great energy, only thing is from those Ive come across in my ravels the word is black energy or negative energy. There is lots of mysticism and occult magic on the island and people say that's the source of the energy, im not sure, I don't have the ability as some other do to see into those types of realms .

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Yes, I agree about the island. I lived there at different times for probably 5 years or so in total, and there is certainly a strange vibe about the place. I too would be curious as to what ley lines or what have you run through. One of my uncles told me a pretty creepy story once about something that happened in Victoria, and there is sort of a sketchy/shady energy to Vic in certain ways i find, though it is beautiful in other ways as well. Not overly familiar with the rest of the island.

It is funny you mention the mental health thing, because while i lived there, i went through what was unequivocally the worst mental torments of my life. It was a lonely, oppressive time; though i take responsibility for it, and feel like it may have been a sort of impetus to overcome, confront and come to terms with some of my deepest fears. I doubt i would live there again to be honest though, Victoria specifically i mean.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Speaking of Victoria and UFO's, here is a local news piece on a UFO story there, apparently with several witnesses. Includes footage and variety of interviews from CHEK news.

It's not Youtube or Google video so i'm not sure how to embed it.

video.cheknews.ca...~~,AAAA4mHNTzE~,ejlzBnGUUKauc2zn_kmUm9i-CLdp2qnb&bctid=1868321330001

Gaaaaa. *shrug* I can't even get the link to work. What the eff. Oh well. For anyone interested, check on.. CHEK news, maybe you can retrieve the video. Fail on my part, the format on ATS forums drives me nuts sometimes. i'm not used to it.

edit on 1-10-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

CHEK News that's just for the site but if you click on the second selection of recent news stories then it will take you to the update where it turns out they were 10 Chinese lanterns released in memory of a boy who had passed away and it was his birthday the night of the sighting. I like how the couple who saw the lights said that they'll keep watching the skies

My younger sister just moved to the island for college. She's an old soul so after reading about other peoples accounts of energy and such, I will be curious to see if she starts reporting back readings on spirits.

When she was 9yrs old she went with my Mom & Grandma down to Augusta, Georgia to visit my Great Grandma for the first and last time. One day my sister, Mom, Grandma, & Great Aunt were walking along the Savannah River. They got to the bridge and my sister went to the side and looked down, after a while she declared that a little boy had died here. She then went on into great detail about what the boy looked like, roughly his age and how he had been attacked by a man on the bridge, the man thought he had killed the boy so he tossed the boy over the bridge, however, the boy was not dead and ended up drowning. My Grandma and Great Aunt didn't really know what to make of it but my Mom was fully aware of my sisters ability to sense and see spirits & Angels since my younger sister was 5yrs old. A couple months later, after everyone had forgotten about the events that day my Great Aunt suddenly thought about it and decided to do a search. She sent my Grandma the news article that talked about the little boy that my younger sister had talked about. She had everything correct.
edit on 7-10-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join