Hello from British Columbia Canada

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes. I'd like to respond to you guys later, but for now i want to show you a song from the album i gave my friend that he was listening to during his sighting. I have been bothering him for months in not a year to listen to it, but he put it away randomly somewhere amongst his cds. I wanted him to listen to it because it is in my opinion an awesome album, and he told me that he saw the flashes during a peak moment in the music.

Interestingly enough, the artist was 'Hybrid' so that's kinda alien association word right there, and the album is 'Soundsystem 01' and it is a continuous mix album they did from a bunch of different artists, however they're own stuff is also pretty good, i'd recommend checking them out, 'Wider Angle' is probably one of their best, and a good place to start for any music afficianados out there.

Anyways, this is a track by Trifonic from the 'Soundsystem 01' album. This song blows me away, let me know what you think. Recommend listening to the whole thing, because it shifts and hits a real sweet note a ways in, just about over half way through.

Peace. ~

edit on 14-7-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'll post this song too, another one from the album. Harry Gregson Williams track, 'Saladin' -edit- ok , one last one, 'world citizen' . Some great lyrics in this song, and beautiful chill vibe. David Sylvain. Also from soundsystem 01 (not the album version unfortunately couldnt find it, still good though)

edit on 14-7-2012 by Runciter33 because: added a song

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Run, you should check out the album eMOTIVe by A Perfect Circle. A lot of Maynard James Keenans songs, whether his band Tool, A Perfect Circle or Puscifer, are great to listen to because he's an amazing artist. eMOTIVe is a great album for those who are aware or in the process of becoming aware. My signature is 'Fiddle for the Drum' off of eMOTIVe.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
hey there Run....welcome to ATS....a Former BCer here...living in England now....Enjoy your stay here.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

Funny you mention that, my friend (who had the sighting) is a huge maynard/Tool fan, he listens to Puscifer, Perfect Circle too. I liked Lateralus a lot but don't listen to Tool too often these days. Did hear 'Pet' today though on ipod shuffle. Prob one of my favorite songs from them. Did you know those lyrics are from a Joni Mitchell song? I think Emotive was all cover songs, right? I've heard Imagine from the album.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
PurpleChiten, AlienAgendah, TheForceUnleashed, plube, good to meet you all, thanks for the welcomes.

Downturn - i lived in Kelowna for a couple years and did not see any ufo's either, but i did love living there for the most part. Sunshine all the time was kind of nice.

jsettica - lol that sounds like good advice. You're making me crave donuts now.

IseeyouIforseeyou - The only place out east i've been in Canada is Nova Scotia (unless you count Alberta haha, prob not) and i have to say Nova Scotian's are friendly as hell, i loved it. I didn't anticipate the accent though, wow. Reminded me of southern u.s. accent in a way.

Supernatural - yeah, bc is known for it's supernatural-ness, have you heard of the Surrey Corridor? You must have living in Van

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Runciter33

Funny you mention that, my friend (who had the sighting) is a huge maynard/Tool fan, he listens to Puscifer, Perfect Circle too. I liked Lateralus a lot but don't listen to Tool too often these days. Did hear 'Pet' today though on ipod shuffle. Prob one of my favorite songs from them. Did you know those lyrics are from a Joni Mitchell song? I think Emotive was all cover songs, right? I've heard Imagine from the album.

Yes mostly covers but done differently. Devo's 'Freedom of Choice' has a couple different lyrics then Keenans and a lot of the tempo's are switched up. He's got two original's Passive and Counting Bodies like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drum

1. "Annihilation" (Crucifix cover)
2. "Imagine" (John Lennon cover)
3. "Peace Love and Understanding" (Nick Lowe cover)
4. "What's Going On" (Marvin Gaye cover)
5. "Passive" (written by Howerdel / Lohner / Keenan / Reznor) Original
6. "Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie" (Black Flag cover)
7. "People Are People" (Depeche Mode cover)
8. "Freedom of Choice" (Devo cover)
9. "Let's Have a War" (Fear cover)
10. "Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums" (written by Howerdel / Keenan) Original
11. "When the Levee Breaks" (Memphis Minnie & Kansas Joe McCoy cover, made popular by Led Zeppelin)
12. "Fiddle and the Drum" (Joni Mitchell cover)

My boyfriend who is the one who started making me aware is a huge fan of Keenan and also Trent Reznor
edit on 14-7-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I have undertow, used to have Lateralus, 10,000 days, think i still have aenima around somewhere, both perfect circles at one point, but now just the first one. Only Tool album i never had was their first one. I listen to a lot of drum n bass, and pretty much everything besides new school country.

Saw some pretty good northern lights last night a 2 in the morning having a smoke. It's been probably years since i've seen the northern lights.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I have undertow, used to have Lateralus, 10,000 days, think i still have aenima around somewhere, both perfect circles at one point, but now just the first one. Only Tool album i never had was their first one. I listen to a lot of drum n bass, and pretty much everything besides new school country.

Saw some pretty good northern lights last night a 2 in the morning having a smoke. It's been probably years since i've seen the northern lights.

nice, last time I saw the Northern Lights was in downtown Vancouver staying in the Plaza 500

Yea I'm really enjoying listening to MJK's music. There's 3 APC albums. All of my songs are downloaded
edit on 17-7-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

i guess I have some time to wait, a good excuse to move back lol

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Downturn

i guess I have some time to wait, a good excuse to move back lol

I'd pick the Kooteny's personally for a good night sky. My Dad lives in a small town outside of Nelson. It is so beautiful at night. You can see soooooo many stars.
My last trip up there when I was younger my Dad's neighbor let us use his high power telescope. It had a laser to help line up what you are viewing and was the coolest telescope I had seen. He showed us Andromeda and I thought about how cool it would be if there was someone in that galaxy was looking at my galaxy with their telescope. Then he showed us a star that was in the process of exploding. It looked like a doughnut made out of stars. As I was looking at it a shooting star streaked through it and I thought it was so cool that that happened while I was looking at it.
The Northern Lights that night were pretty cool too because they crossed the sky in a perfect t shape. My Dad said he had never seen the Lights cross like that.

That being said, I do miss the wicked thunderstorms I spent the first 6yrs of my life getting used to. Born in Alberta and man those were thunderstorms! They are so much better out there than here in the Okanagan. In the 17yrs I've been out here I've never seen a thunderstorm here like out there. Usually pitiful strikes that last maybe 10mins, that's why I call them ThunderTeases.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yeah the thunderstorms in Kelowna were kind of lame. Raindrops got pretty huge though.

I don't think i've seen Northern Lights like that, ones i see are usually green, and they shift in columns. Northern lights make me feel high or something when i watch them. I remember one halloween years ago they took up over half the sky, with red purple and green. The only time i ever saw 3 colours at once. It was pretty spectacular.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

yes the Kootenays and all that area is nice too, I just really fell in love with Kelowna, the warm nights, the water, back roads for exploring, always in the bush and camping, the best friends Ive ever made were out there, dam recessions
, and now that i know there is UFO sightings, i really want to get back there, set up my hammock and stare at the sky !

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Downturn

I haven't been to Kelowna a lot but the Okanagan is very beautiful and awesome for outdoor lovers.

**Update on UFO sighting:

(Sorry I haven't been responding in a while, was working lots and had to catch up on my own thread I created and that took a while.)

Last week when my boyfriend was walking home from work late one night he spotted what he first thought was a satellite. When he rounded the corner and onto the last stretch before home he saw the object (roughly a minute or two tops) was way ahead of where it should have been in the sky, as if it had traveled a very fast speed in order to get where it was in the sky, when normal aircraft would have it way further back in it's path for the time it took for him to first see the object and then again when he turned onto our street, a minute later.

For added Twilight Zone-ness (No not the stupid glittery coc aine addicted Vampires) to the night, earlier I had been thinking about the day when we saw the UFO and how we had been at the beach earlier in the day talking about Aliens and he said "I wish they would just show themselves" and then that night we saw a UFO. I had thought about how Twilight Zone it was that we had talked about them earlier that day and he said he wished they would just show themselves and we saw a UFO later that night. Then later Kage got home and excitedly told me about his UFO sighting. I was shocked and told him how I was thinking about our past sighting earlier in the night. ((Insert Twilight Zone music here))

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

For added Twilight Zone-ness (No not the stupid glittery coc aine addicted Vampires) to the night, earlier I had been thinking about the day when we saw the UFO and how we had been at the beach earlier in the day talking about Aliens and he said "I wish they would just show themselves" and then that night we saw a UFO. I had thought about how Twilight Zone it was that we had talked about them earlier that day and he said he wished they would just show themselves and we saw a UFO later that night. Then later Kage got home and excitedly told me about his UFO sighting. I was shocked and told him how I was thinking about our past sighting earlier in the night. ((Insert Twilight Zone music here))

You know what is awesome about that? The fact i also explained earlier in this thread regarding my friend's sighting how he thought about how him and i used to say that UFO's are more likely to appear if you put the intention/belief out there that you will see one. And that's when he saw the ufo/flashes in the sky.

Another small kind of weird thing about this thread was when i told you guys i saw the northern lights for the first time in years (aurora borealis) and then a few days later that tragedy at the Batman shooting in *Aurora* Colorado. Yeah, maybe i'm stretching it there abit, but i thought it was sort of a strange coincidence.

Anyways, i'm going to check out what thread you got going on knoledgeispower.

Til next time,

Peace everyone. ~

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You know what is awesome about that? The fact i also explained earlier in this thread regarding my friend's sighting how he thought about how him and i used to say that UFO's are more likely to appear if you put the intention/belief out there that you will see one. And that's when he saw the ufo/flashes in the sky.

Another small kind of weird thing about this thread was when i told you guys i saw the northern lights for the first time in years (aurora borealis) and then a few days later that tragedy at the Batman shooting in *Aurora* Colorado. Yeah, maybe i'm stretching it there abit, but i thought it was sort of a strange coincidence.

Anyways, i'm going to check out what thread you got going on knoledgeispower.

Til next time,

Peace everyone. ~

My intro thread talks about the UFO we saw that night. I still see those dots above the mountain ridge some days. Sometimes they are white and sometimes they are black. Sometimes there are 3 sometimes there is just 1. I really wish I had an ATV so I could go ride up there and investigate.

Might be moving up to Alberta in a couple months, depending on if my boyfriend gets a job up there or not. I'm excited for the possibility for A) wicked thunderstorms like when I was a little girl B) Getting out of the town I've been living in for 17yrs straight. I moved lots when I was a kid so being stuck in the same town for so long has made me feel caged.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Be careful what you ask for, we've been getting some seriously bad storms here as of late and have caused allot of damage. (in Calgary) . from golf ball hail to wind storms sending rain sideways and ripping signs off buildings, however the last thunderstorm we had the other day had the most incredible light show Ive ever had the privilege to see, there was constant strikes of light, it was impossible to not get a good shot.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Be careful what you ask for, we've been getting some seriously bad storms here as of late and have caused allot of damage. (in Calgary) . from golf ball hail to wind storms sending rain sideways and ripping signs off buildings, however the last thunderstorm we had the other day had the most incredible light show Ive ever had the privilege to see, there was constant strikes of light, it was impossible to not get a good shot.

we had a small grass fire a couple days back but that was caused by some idiot not lightning.

When I was a kid, twice lightning struck near by. Once when I was in grade 2 and we were at school and a big storm hit. Because they weren't sure on if it was going to spawn a tornado they had us practice ducking under the desk. Then lightning hit one of the uprights in the field that we shared with the high school kids. It was loud and knocked the power out. The other time was either the same year and we lived across the street from an outdoor public swimming pool. A big storm came up and lightning struck one of the light poles for the pool.
I was terrified of the storms when I was a kid but since then I've grown a love for thunderstorms. A beautiful powerful act of God/Mother Nature.

White Spot on the Ridge update: Still seeing them often but not daily. Boyfriend has seen them a couple times since I have pointed out the spot. It's really hard with how small it is and how far away it is. We're both curious as to what we see up there sometimes. I'll try to see if I can find some pics of the area and show you roughly where they are spotted.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

we had a small grass fire a couple days back but that was caused by some idiot not lightning.

When I was a kid, twice lightning struck near by. Once when I was in grade 2 and we were at school and a big storm hit. Because they weren't sure on if it was going to spawn a tornado they had us practice ducking under the desk. Then lightning hit one of the uprights in the field that we shared with the high school kids. It was loud and knocked the power out. The other time was either the same year and we lived across the street from an outdoor public swimming pool. A big storm came up and lightning struck one of the light poles for the pool.
I was terrified of the storms when I was a kid but since then I've grown a love for thunderstorms. A beautiful powerful act of God/Mother Nature.

White Spot on the Ridge update: Still seeing them often but not daily. Boyfriend has seen them a couple times since I have pointed out the spot. It's really hard with how small it is and how far away it is. We're both curious as to what we see up there sometimes. I'll try to see if I can find some pics of the area and show you roughly where they are spotted.

I have heard of several cases where a ufo is seen to seemingly power up from storms/lightning. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i also seem to recall about the "Surrey corridor" here in BC that the place in question has a bunch of power lines or there is a hydro station there? I'm not too familiar with Vancouver area though. Never lived there, not sure if i'd want to live in that big of a city. I've maxed out at Victoria and Kelowna, those are almost enough in size as far as cities go.

Knoledgeispower i like your new avatar picture. I used to sit outside on my back porch as a kid and watch thunderstoms. I love storms. I slept through the only one we've had, and apparently it was a big one. Kind of disappointed that i missed it. I think being a storm chaser would be an exciting job, though not sure if i'd have the balls to get too close, probably if i was there already, but it looks like a dangerous occupation. Some of those guys on youtube are pretty nuts lol

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I've heard thunderstorms in the prairies are amazing, I guess Calgary couldn't really be considered prairie land, but i'd like to see a thunderstorm in Saskatchewan, or even a good sunset for that matter. There's always too many damn mountains in the way where i usually live.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join