Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Video of Big Brave Israeli Soldier Kicking Palestinian Child.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

As was mentioned early in the thread, the OP's source (last line) said there were some reports that the kid was throwing rocks. Proof? No, not absolute, but it helps explain why the soldiers would even bother with the kid. Only people with very "emotional" ideas would think that the soldiers just decided, spur of the moment, to go after a kid who was doing nothing to attract their attention.

You missed the second part of my point. Regardless if the kid was throwing rocks, the kick was unwarranted. Let's imagine you are at a club hanging with your friends and some drunken lady throws a drink at you, does that give you the right to go and pimp slap her?

I don't think so pal.

If you defend this, you are the type of dude to pimp slap a chick.

Thank you for proving your moral standards on this issue.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
When I clicked on this thread and read the OP I thought this was going to be some really violent situation. What it looked like to me is kid outside during curfew or in an area he was not supposed to be. The arm grab looked a little rough but not overly so and the kick was no more than a spanking would be. It seemed like they were simply telling the kid he was doing wrong, gave him a swift kick in the pants and sent him home. The child ran away, he did not limp away or lay there bleeding. I know violence is violence but in this case I think it's being exaggerated.

what, kid was no threat, and that lowlife vermin comes up and boots him, how about I walk up and boot your kid? I wouldn't do that because I am not lowlife vermin, but some adult booting my kid I would probably kill them, or at the very least try to mutilate them

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You know it's funny, all these pro-kid people are telling other people it's never okay to hit a kid or defend yourself if a kid throws a rock at you.

Then if a kid threw a rock at them they'd go over and hit the kid in self defense.

They say they won't, but they will.

It's all about being better than everybody else and taking the higher moral ground so they can control other people, after all.

Just remember, a kid threw a rock at Goliath. Even though Goliath was wearing a metal helmet, that kid slew a twelve foot giant with a single stone.

Never underestimate what a kid can do just because of an arbitrary label.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Then if a kid threw a rock at them they'd go over and hit the kid in self defense.

They say they won't, but they will.

Speak for yourself tough guy

I've been snowballed (icy ones that hurt when they hit you), had my bike stolen, and various other wrongs done to me by little kids and I never once kicked them in the chest. If anything I laughed about it because it reminded me of how I was as a child. If you are so detached that you cannot remind yourself about your existence as a child you are no longer fully aware.

On top of that, I doubt you grew up in Gaza or the West Bank where children get kicked in the chest in broad day light by armed cowards with a license to kill. So you probably had it pretty easy and never had to deal with a minute percentage of the crap this kid has grown up through.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The amount of ignorant posts in this thread is alarming. This kid hit an IDF serviceman in the head with a rock after making half a dozen verbal threats. These kids you call innocent harmless little people have dreams of shooting at IDF soldiers AND all Jews in general. They throw rocks at Jews minding their own business,, Sometimes these kids shoot at IDF soldiers. They aren't innocent kids.. If you don't understand the way the world is don't pass judgement.

edit on 7-7-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Dear Corruption Exposed,

It is entirely possible that I missed the second part of your point. So, for the purposes of our discussion we have a 9 year-old throwing rocks at armed (Military? Police?, Border guards? Whatever.) My comment, which you quoted, was that that would "explain why the soldiers would even bother with the kid." I don't think that it is unreasonable to assume that the kid was either throwing rocks at people or at property which could have been dameaged by the stones he was throwing.

It seems, also reasonably, that the soldiers would want him to stop immediately and not do it again. I wondered, in a different post, what action was appropriate. Certainly it would be insufficient to call out and say "Stop throwing stones at me." Without some implied threat, why would the kid stop? (Especially as it looks quite possible that the cameraman instructed the kid to aggravate the soldiers.)

So if the soldiers had to do something more than talk to him, was there action entirely out of line? You say it was, I'm not so clear on it. What action would have served?

(The example of the drunk lady is so different that it does not serve well as an analogy. It would be a better one if the woman was not drunk, was throwing bottles, and the bar was known as one where people got killed.)

As an aside, how does that prove my moral standards? I think this event was more in the line of prudential judgment than moral judgment.

Again, you think it was outrageous, I'm not sure, but it doesn't seem like it was. Maybe we just can't agree. But I'm open.

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. It's not relevant, but I may be a little incoherent from sleep shortage. I'm finishing up a two day meeting with an organization that sometimes shows up in the Secret Society forum. (No, not the Masons.) I represent a geographical territory with about 70,000 people, and we were meeting with the next higher level. In about three years I hope to go to an international meeting. In case you're wondering, every word of that is true. - C

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

You are right, I could have left out the moral standard accusation towards you. I apologize for that.

My concern is that some people are sold on the fact that this kid was throwing rocks at the guard. First of all, there is no proof of him throwing rocks. Let's just say he WAS throwing rocks...do you think a young kid would throw rocks at an armed soldier? My guess is that this kid would have been intimidated by the grown man with a gun, I know I would have as a child so I doubt he was throwing rocks at the big bad soldier with a machine gun.

So let's just say that the kid was throwing rocks at another kid, or at a wall, or even broke a _..I'm assuming there is due process. Israel is known for locking children up in shackles and hoods so perhaps this kid got off easy even though I believe the kick was uncalled for.

I will go back to my "drunk lady who throws drink at you" analogy, do you have the right to pimp slap her?

This kick was way worse than a pimp slap and a child does not deserve to be kicked of pimp slapped no matter the situation.

ETA:

I disagree with you about the analogy not being a proper one. It may be a much different situation, but it proves my point that this soldier overreacted. Surely you would want to stop a man from hitting a woman, but you would condone a grown man kicking a child?

I'm not implying that you would condone this it's just that you don't seem too bothered about this child being kicked and try to push aside my analogy as unacceptable when it perfectly fits the point I was trying to make.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Dear Corruption Exposed,

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful response. (Speaking?) with you may not always be the easiest thing, but it is always rewarding, and I look forward to many more conversations. You're part of the reason ATS is such a good site for learning.

You know, I think you may be right. Perhaps I've been engaging in some hair splitting. Kicking anyone is hardly ever a good thing. I wonder if my objection to the OP and some posts on the thread may be caused by the assumption that this shows the Israelis are bad. They may be. How bad? We may never know. But I think I'm seeing that the soldier's reaction was a human one, and not necessarily an Israeli one.

I might have sent him off with an open handed swat to head, I don't know. I'm still not sure what the appropriate, textbook act might have been. But for the moment, I'll call it a bad (not brutal) act which, as a person, I can understand.

Oh, the analogy business? I thought throwing a drink was a one time event which caused no more than embarrassment and dirty clothes. As far as I know, the rock throwing could have continued forever and might have actually caused injury if not stopped. And I hate to admit it, but I don't know what "pimp slapping" involves.
A swat to the face? A serious beating? I think I could understand a one time slap as a reaction to the drink tossing, but no more.

Anyway, thanks for the time you've taken with me on this.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

"Dear Corruption Exposed,..."

There is a passive aggressive tone in your response.

It also comes across as patronizing and insincere.

You need to understand something, Israel is a terrorist state with an armed population processed through a military system and they have criminal intent towards the indigenous Palestinians.

Moreover, Israel conducts routine acts that outrageous people around the world and no amount of justifications, complaining, misinformation or internet baiting is going to bring anyone to your side.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

yes, and while millions of Jews, Gypsies, Russians etc were being slaughtered by the Nazis, the world was silent!

Going by so many posts here and on other threads......it's only OK when the Americans murder women and children or Arabs kill Jews......

bunch of hypocrites you lot are

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

yes, and while millions of Jews, Gypsies, Russians etc were being slaughtered by the Nazis, the world was silent!

Going by so many posts here and on other threads......it's only OK when the Americans murder women and children or Arabs kill Jews......

bunch of hypocrites you lot are

Classic Reductio ad Hitlerum

You are even upset that the US is not criticized for killing people like Israel is...!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

45 seconds of video doesn't explain what was outside the screen that a child could hurt themselves on. I've seen (and so have YOU) middle eastern children with guns, heard of young suicide bombers, etc.

Let's say....this is YOUR kid. And YOU are the guy with the gun. Jr. follows you to work, in the most militarily volitile country in the world. Would you want him safe. Would it scare you enough to be a bit more forceful than was necessary? Is it at all possible that you are take a single incident out of context?

Stop looking for evil in your neighbors.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall These kids you call innocent harmless little people have dreams of shooting at IDF soldiers AND all Jews in general.

flip me, you can even read their dreams now
and you know Jews attack Muslims and Christians in Israel, throwing rocks, spitting etc

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
reply to post by quedup

I've seen (and so have YOU) middle eastern children with guns, heard of young suicide bombers, etc.

No we haven't. What we have seen is an enormous amount of allegations from zionists that Palestinians use their own children as human shields, that Palestinians use the their own children as suicide bombers and that Palestinians give weapons to their children to attack 'innocent' zionists.

When examined, it is in fact zionist forces that hide behind Palestinian children as human shields.

We also haven't had a bombing attack on Israel for years yet zionist harp on about suicide bombings then embellish it by saying children do it

All we see is Israel routinely killing Palestinians; men, women and children in an indiscriminate manner.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by libertytoall These kids you call innocent harmless little people have dreams of shooting at IDF soldiers AND all Jews in general.

flip me, you can even read their dreams now
and you know Jews attack Muslims and Christians in Israel, throwing rocks, spitting etc

You are dealing with fruitloops when speaking to zionists. Can you imagine what it must be like for the Palestinians having to suffer these zionist nutters?
edit on 8-7-2012 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Dear Ilovecatbinlady,

Please forgive my little chuckle. You are concerned about a poster's tone? Consider the possibility that you misinterpreted my tone. I did not intend anything that you claim you heard there.

You need to understand something, Israel is a terrorist state with an armed population processed through a military system and they have criminal intent towards the indigenous Palestinians.
I'm sure you would not be surprised to learn that some people disagree with you and the possibility exists that your interpretation is incorrect.

Moreover, Israel conducts routine acts that outrageous people around the world and no amount of justifications, complaining, misinformation or internet baiting is going to bring anyone to your side.
You must be confusing me with another poster. If you'd care to show me my baiting, misinformation, or any of the other stuff in my post. I'd be happy to try to fix, clarify, or explain it. Besides, my side? I was engaged in a conversation in which I was changing my side to be closer to yours, and now you jump on me? I would be delighted to talk with you if you'd care to, but I think we should talk about things more specific than "tone" or other vague charges.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady

You are dealing with fruitloops when speaking to a zionists. Can you imagine what it must be like for the Palestinians having to suffer these zionist nutters?

Do you really think those living in Gaza are any less nuttier? Do you think anyone in the Middle East is less nuttier? Many live in Israel in harmony but when a group decides to go with leadership like Hamas then they get what it seems they wish for, and peace is not what they wish for...

No one here agrees with anyone doing something like kicking a person, but it seems that there is a group on ATS that just want to focus on Jew hate where there is far more extreme events of some form of human suffrage everyday in Arab countries around them that generates not a single post....hmmm

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Glad other people are able to see that some people have an agenda, and they aren't even shy about admitting it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

...shy about admitting it.

Shy about what dude?

Can you not get it around your head that righteous indignation has no modesty unlike a lie.

Being truthful about zionist wrongs is nothing to be shy about.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If you want to be fair and balanced you point out BOTH sides flaws. Both sides have some serious flaws. Then you would sound more intelligent and not like a propaganda tool.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join