It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just invented a time machine but you can only go one way...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ok here is a good question for you all, I have a time machine but it only goes into the past and you can only use it once.
So what time would you go back to? who would you like to meet in your chosen time period? and last would you change anything while back in that time?

I have not decided yet on my answers so I will let you all post yours while I think about mine

Flowers,Love and baby monkeys BM xxx

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I would stop this thread from ever happening!

Sorry, I couldn't resist

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Planet teleX

lol its just a bit of fun

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I would travel to 2013, all this talk of the end of the world is doing my head in
, I hate the suspense. Either that or the 60-70s as they seem like a easier less stressful time without going without too many essentials. There's many interesting times that I'd like to go back to but cause you said one way. I'm limiting it to not too far forward or back

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ok cos it is the 4th of July I would go back to 1875 and find the British commander and teach him about camouflage so we would win the war hehehehe (red coats must be easy to shoot at )

BTW jk post will post my real one later

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
I would travel to 2013, all this talk of the end of the world is doing my head in
, I hate the suspense. Either that or the 60-70s as they seem like a easier less stressful time without going without too many essentials. There's many interesting times that I'd like to go back to but cause you said one way. I'm limiting it to not too far forward or back

I have a time machine but it only goes into the past
What year do you think it is? lol

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Ok cos it is the 4th of July I would go back to 1875 and find the British commander and teach him about camouflage so we would win the war hehehehe (red coats must be easy to shoot at )

BTW jk post will post my real one later
Wouldn't it make more sense to go to 1775? lol

My self, I would go back to 2000 BC North America and start a technological revolution. I would teach the Natives easier and more advanced techniques so by the time EU starts coming over 3000+ years later it would be a whole new ball game. Who knows maybe the Natives might have come to the Eu first and reversed the take over. It would be interesting to see the changes too bad I would be long dead and couldn't witness it myself.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Ooops typo sorry had a beer or 7

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Ok ok so I miss read that tiny detail. A little picky!!! It's morning here I guess I need more coffee

What's the point of time machine that only goes back? We all know they go both ways

edit on 4-7-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I would go back to the time when ancient Sumeria came to be.

See what our actual history is all about.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You never specified how far back in time we may travel. With that in mind, I would travel to the time before the creation of the universe. I may likely die in the process, but not before flashing a bright neon sign saying "FIRST!"

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

If i could slowly(or fast backward) as i go back to the initial start of everything, that would be enough... of course.. i'm talking about me having control over the speed of the "reversing", i would slowly watch the things unravel...as i grow old...

so in a sense, i would live in the time machine(as i age) and as i go back in time...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The iron age in Britannia before the Romans.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

My self, I would go back to 2000 BC North America and start a technological revolution. I would teach the Natives easier and more advanced techniques so by the time EU starts coming over 3000+ years later it would be a whole new ball game. Who knows maybe the Natives might have come to the Eu first and reversed the take over. It would be interesting to see the changes too bad I would be long dead and couldn't witness it myself.

I would travel back to 2001 BC North America and settle in with a sniper rifle - long live the Queen!

Tough choices here, do you do what you always want or do you go fairly recently based entirely on greed? Have to say, going back to the early 70's to lend Bill Gates a couple of grand with his new start up business would be very tempting!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I enjoy threads like this. I would go back in time but I wouldnt change anything. Perhaps witness the US Civil War and retire in Victorian England. Just the thought of traveling around the world in that time period amazes me.

new topics

top topics

join