It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Attempt To Raid Garage Sale with AirSoft gear, Get Kicked To Curb (video)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

These people, while rambling on about their private property and rights wasted our tax payer money, plain and simple. Attention hoars.

i am sorry man but ussa is becoming a police state so people are upset and when people get upset logic goes out the window

re:
wasted our tax payer money

what taxpayers are wasting the money you say? eh eh oh eh eh
we ALL KNOW WHO is wasting the money mate!

what was that saying give up freedom for protection but end up with?

so when they jab the microchip in you will that be ok to complain then? or will it be game over then, too late?

Men are not men: let them know why
One of the reasons men are like girls and let the lies continue is

milk has female hormones so makes men think like a girl and soft body
try for 2 weeks only drink rice or oat milk you will see i dont lie
soy milk is bad also so dont drink it

Not only is milk from a lactating FEMALE cow the farmer also pumps the cow with FEMALE hormones

amino acids fix this if you stop drinking milk

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by atsbansrealppl

no they wouldnt need a warrant. its in plain sight. this is the part people are seeming to forget

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

You are also forgetting officer safety. An officer cant stand at the driveway and investigate, especially the distance a 5.56 or 7,62 round with its lethality and 20, 30, 50 or 100 round capacities. The main point is plain sight, at a garage sale with an open garage and a report of weapons being sold. All you need as a minimum is reasonable suspicion but way beyond that. You have PC to conduct a search.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

This video actually backs up the officer and makes the people who own or rent the property look like fools. If they had been real weapons and arrests were made, I would have seized the video and used it as evidence in court against the party selling the firearms. People really dont understand the law

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by jude11

It was over the top on the folks selling their stuff... bottom line.

They created a scene, where one wasn't needed..

I see no evidence of cops bashing the citizens here, does it happen? yes.. does it disturb me? yes..

Does it mean that I will take every opportunity to say the cops are thugs! Hell no...

They are for the most part, good folks, doing a job, and while there are quite a few that tarnish their reputation, these particular officers should not be included in the group.

They were merely doing their job.

NO...!

They

were

selling

their

STUFF~!!!!! Like..you know HAVING A GARAGE sale.. !!!!

GET REAL~!!!!!

They were selling stuff, that looked like REAL FIREARMS, which gives the officer REAL PROBABLE cause to conduct a search

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
I have watched this about 5 times. I have came to the conclusion that both sides of this particular video, are equally to blame. Did the law use the standard "lie" of we had a call? They said they did, problem is how does one prove that some one in fact did call the law? Or did they just happen by on patrol & decide to "look see"?

The folks who were filming were really carefull with their words. IMHO, they were looking for a opportunity for a video. It's obvious by the banter between the cop and the lady speaking that he knew who she was, because of her work with this Copblock org. I have found when one looks for a confrontation they normally find it. Hell they could be the ones to have "called the law" after all they were inside, when law arrived, & daughter "seen them coming" and starts filming sounds a little contrived to me.

IMHO, The person filming was waiting for them to arrive. It was contrived for the reasons of the ones who did it. To show their support for Copblock and make themselves look good. I am all for all my rights, but these cops will remember these people, and they will spread the word about these people to all their cop friends.

When seeking a confrontation, one will find it. Some even contrive it. Both sides were wrong, cop has "no right" just grabbing their stuff without consent or warrant. If they have that many airsoft guns in a yard sale. You know the real deal is sitting right in side that house. It all just seems a little to contrived , fake , set-up what ever you want to call it.

It doesnt matter whether they did or did not get a call. The way to check is to do a FOIA request with that agency to see if there was a call. Even if there was no call if a police officer is driving down the street, looks up at a garage where a garage sale is being done, and sees firearms in plain view this is enough PROBABLE CAUSE to search without a warrant, officer safety plays a factor here too. What happened here was fine. Now if the garage door was closed and the firearms were being sold in the house, this is a different story. U send in an undercover to buy the firearms and secure your warrants. Nothing illegal here that the officer did.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by nenothtu

You are completely correct. Unless thay had a sign stating " Open to all persons EXCEPT UNIFORMED LAW ENFORCMENT OFFICERS" then those cops could just be shopping early for christmas. It was a set-up, and I would bet bottom dollar , their the ones that called the law....It's folks like this that allready take a serious problem and just make it worse...for all of us.

they made themsleves look bad by video tapping it. it actually backs up the officer

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmsuse
guns are illegal in cali?

what happened to your precious constitution and freedom?

Not all guns, but every state does have some form of restriction on guns, California is one of the higher restricted ones. Most assault rifles in California are most likely illegal due to one or more features on the gun.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfnow
It doesnt matter whether they did or did not get a call. The way to check is to do a FOIA request with that agency to see if there was a call.

Calls for service are a matter of public record. Details and resolutions / reports are restricted depending on situation.

SJPD - Calls for service - incident occured Sunday July 1st - afternoon

At the very bottom of the page, click the button. It will take you to the city view where you can select dates as well as types of calls. For this I think its under "other" or "gun related". The red icons are registered sex offenders. The blue icons are calls.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by surfnow

Right, you're pretty much in agreement with everything I've been saying this entire thread. He had cause to go check them out.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Yes, because in a country where even our own neighbors can't always follow the rules, we have to hold public safety above all else.

Apparently, you care more about someone's grass getting stepped on than you do about those guns. The only reason you are complaining is because you weren't there when the call came in. You knew ahead of time those guns weren't REAL guns, and that's why you're not concerned. Those cops DIDN'T know, and are PAID to take those situations seriously. Terrorism doesn't just happen outside of America, you know. And you would do well to remember that the next time cops come around to check on your place after a burglar pops through. They're not there for you, they're there for everyone in that neighborhood. And if you think that your personal rights are more important than the neighborhood's safety, THINK AGAIN JACKWIPE!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by Sek82

I think you are harboring illegal immigrants in your house. I shall call the cops and you will let them violate your rights.

Yes?

That's the story you're telling.
Flawed logic - You can't see who I have in my house. These guns, however, we visible from the street (and not in a house) and the neighbors didn't just think them up, they saw them.

These sort of threads are useful because it can encourage people to go and research the law for themselves in order to come to a more informed decision about who is in the right or wrong. Please be encouraged.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Thats not it at all, what he is saying after watching the video he sided with the cops. He is saying that citizens immediately called upon the private property card as if that would excuse the fact that they have objects resembling guns for sale (which if guns would be illegal) at a garage sale in plain sight. Plus the call gives probable cause plus objects in plain sight. An anonymous call about illegal immigrants as a reason to search is a ridiculous hyperbole in an attempt to counter an argument. This case has clear probable cause and items in open view. The illegal immigrant call would not.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I am normaly with "the people" in this kind of matters, but in this one, i am terrible sorry but the civilians envolved are just acting like douchebags!
If they have nothing to hide, and they are not selling nothing ilegal, why reacting with the polite officers in this stupid and arrogant way?! IMHO Drama Queens making a show off and seeking attention!

edit on 6/7/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: Typos

edit on 6/7/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
c'mon...these police were just checking out a complaint about selling guns on the street...they checked and that was that...if the sellers of these airguns would have just let them check and not acted like a**holes, the police would have been back in their car and gone. geez....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbra Sideralis
I am normaly with "the people" in this kind of matters, but in this one, i am terrible sorry but the civilians envolved are just acting like douchebags!
If they have nothing to hide, and they are not selling nothing ilegal, why reacting with the polite officers in this stupid and arrogant way?! IMHO Drama Queens making a show off and seeking attention!

edit on 6/7/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: Typos

edit on 6/7/12 by Umbra Sideralis because: (no reason given)

i think too many of these people watch reality shows and you tube videos and, like you said, want to be part of some made up drama. people need to chill out and use some common sense.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by canyouhandletruth

This is quite unneeded and is very pointless to the thread. Plus you already contain a natural source of estrogen. Milk isn't the only source of estrogen on this Earth, plastic water bottles contain estrogen too. However a person that sticks up for a cop when they are being berated over a correct and lawful search, are neither NWO supporters, nor a man turning into a woman.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
it doesnt matter what they were sellin

they had a garage sell open to the public its the same as having a store

the cops are allowed to go into stores and garage sells

you guys are so frikin dense

its not a police state because we see cops... we are suppose to see cops

just show them wtf your sellin and try and sell em something

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Im tired of people calling them assult rifles!!

My rifles have NEVER assaulted anybody!!

That's "rifle profileing"!! Isn't that illeagle??

Lol!!!

I'm all for gun control. To me that means useing both hands!!lol

Seriously, people. This happened in California , the laws here are very strict when it comes to guns, other states are more lax, So just remember that when quoting the law, it's probably different in your state

Be safe people

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by viperdave

It really upsets me, how people keep saying, "Gun control means hitting your target." They seem to think that shooting guns makes you a real man. You know what makes you a real man? Solving conflicts using your brain, being there for your family, and not f***ing up the world.

To hell with guns. They're just too tempting for a species that gets thrills out of stuff that goes BOOM!

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join