It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Hayes Arrested, Tried In Secret Court, Imprisonedd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Roger Hayes Arredted, Tried in Secret Court, Imprisoned

www.ukcolumn.org

At 0930 this morning, in scenes reminiscent of Stasi East Germany, 2 police cars and 4 policemen from Merseyside Police arrested British Constitution Group Chairman Roger Hayes at his Wirral home and drove away.

The first his family heard of him was at 18:30 this evening via a telephone call from a Warder in Liverpool prison, to say that Roger had been tried and sentenced to prison.

At no time were the family or any other members of the public informed of his arrest, ......
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wirralglobe.co.uk
edit on 4-7-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jul 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling in title

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Roger's "crime" is that he has been refusing to pay his Council tax, because along with other state taxes, a proportion of the tax revenue gathered is being sent to the European Union, used to fund unlawful wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria, and promote terrorism right around the world. To pay tax under these circumstances is, at the very least, unlawful under Section 15(3) of the Terrorism Act 2000.

This is the nutcase "tax protestor" who tried to arrest a judge last year, and he received a 21 day jail sentencefor willfully failing to pay local taxes.

Serves the idiot right IMO - tax protesters, "freemen on the land" or whatever you want to call them (or be called if you are one) are just bludgers!

www.ukcolumn.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4-7-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
At least someone is trying to do something something about the injustices in the world.

Standing up and paying the price for what he believes is better than sitting around moaning and complaining

Good on him for standing by his beliefs
edit on 4-7-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

There is no call for using these words, you clearly do not understand this movement,do a little research into this matter, and try and enlighten yourself a little, you are just speaking from a one way thinking process, open up your horizons and use your critical thinking a little.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chinkoflight

I have looked at a lot of tax protester stuff - it is laughable.

how many cases have tax protestors won?? IIRC it is exactly 1 - and that was where one of them showed sufficient evidence to raise some doubt that he was willfully not paying tax - not that the tax was illegal or should not be paid.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

how many cases have tax protestors won?? IIRC it is exactly 1 - and that was where one of them showed sufficient evidence to raise some doubt that he was willfully not paying tax - not that the tax was illegal or should not be paid.

With all due respect, to make a blanket statement about the entire planet is "laughable."

1. people who "win" will not often make a public statement about it, anymore then people who win the scratcher lottery make a big deal of it.

2. Being a member of a conspiracy sight means you are well aware of the fact that no corporate owned media outlet will report.

3. You "researched" most likely from your computer, with google, and it takes far more then this to understand.

4. If you agree with your money going to kill people you don't know, you are free to give a MUCH higher percentage then you do, some folks simply find the idea appalling.

5. I'm sure you live in a western country: you know that the freedom you are told you have is not, it is a "gift" that requires you to make sure that every single thing you, not your neighbors, but you do be governed by the government - everything.

6. Since this is the case, you will feel more then comfortable, if you are simply taken away for your crackpot views.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman

With all due respect, to make a blanket statement about the entire planet is "laughable."

Since I did not make any statement about the entire planet I am wondering what it is you are talking about??

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I can name another... it's called the United States of America. The 13 Colonies. Why do you think the US wanted to be free from British Rule?

Taxation without representation. It's a very old idea that holds true today just as it did hundreds of years ago. You can call me a "bludger" or a tax protester, or any other label you wish to attach to me. The fact is, people need to find a recourse to free themselves from the bondage of Government. The truth is, Government is not representative of the people they govern. It is a worldwide problem now. There is no new unfounded land that people can run to and defend.

Why should I pay my hard earned money to a Government that does not represent me? Unfortunately I, like a lot of people, have no choice in paying taxes. It is taken from our paychecks before we ever receive them. It is added to our bill when we buy food, water, gasoline. It has become unavoidable. I simply choose to not participate. At all. I have not even filed my taxes in almost 20 years now.... and I am entitled to a full refund.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

This person has representation, and AFAIK in the USA every adult has representation too - with exceptions for felons and the mentally unstable (?).

not liking your government is not the same as not having representation.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
At least someone is trying to do something something about the injustices in the world.

Standing up and paying the price for what he believes is better than sitting around moaning and complaining

Good on him for standing by his beliefs

He's not trying to right an injustice - he's trying to get out of paying for local services that he undoubtably uses.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

He's not trying to right an injustice - he's trying to get out of paying for local services that he undoubtably uses.

Yes he is. He is not paying taxes on grounds that he thinks are unconstitutional. So he is acting out , and doing something about it. He has got balls.

Injustice

Wether he is right or wrong it does not matter, the fact he is doing something that's what counts.

I agree with him, but I need to feed my family at this time

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Yes he thinks the taxes are illegal - he's wrong, refuses to accept that he's wrong, the taxes he's refusing to pay are not used for the purpose he says they are, and in the meantime he probably continues to pay taxes that may well be used for the purpose he thinks are illegal - eg VAT

Refusing to pay local taxes, saying they are used to support illegal wars is not fighting injustice - it is just stupid.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Yes he thinks the taxes are illegal - he's wrong, refuses to accept that he's wrong, the taxes he's refusing to pay are not used for the purpose he says they are, and in the meantime he probably continues to pay taxes that may well be used for the purpose he thinks are illegal - eg VAT

So he is confused?

He is on the right track though just not up to date on exactly what taxes he should not be paying.

Is there a list anywhere of where local and state taxes go too?

Regardless, he thinks he is right on principle. He is right on principle maybe just the wrong tax. But should it matter which tax? No it is the principle that matters

edit on 5-7-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

reply to post by MrWendal

This person has representation, and AFAIK in the USA every adult has representation too - with exceptions for felons and the mentally unstable (?).

not liking your government is not the same as not having representation.

Really? Then tell me... in what way is my Government representing me?

We are engaged in Military actions all across the globe- which I do not support
We steal money from the people at every twist and turn- which I do not support
We go out of our way, above and beyond to enforce laws that legislate behavior- instead of allowing individuals to accept responsibility for their own actions.. which again, I dont agree with.

Sorry but my Government does not represent me... they don't even know me. They have no idea what my concerns are and what will make my life better. I'm broke. I don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, but yet you think some rich guy in a suit I will never be able to afford, who is being driven around in a car I will never be able to afford, who makes more money in a year than I will see in my lifetime, has something in common with me and has any idea of what my concerns are? How does that work exactly? Please explain to me what some rich arsehole in Washington DC who is right now having a 7 course meal in a 5 star restaurant while brokering a new deal to put even more money in his bank account has any idea what it is like to me.. the guy who will be eating Ramen Noodles all month just so I can pay rent?

Sorry.... my Government does not represent me. My Government represents people with big $$$ which is now limited to special interest and mega corporations.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinkoflight

There is no call for using these words, you clearly do not understand this movement,do a little research into this matter, and try and enlighten yourself a little, you are just speaking from a one way thinking process, open up your horizons and use your critical thinking a little.

Yes because your way is the only right way and everyone who does not agree is not enlightened, as clearly anyone with any sense would completely agree with you .....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Magistrates courts are as 'secret' as the cereal aisle in Tesco on a Saturday morning

He was treated exacty the same as anyone else who refuses to pay his taxes. Though not bothering to turn up to the hearing - and thus forcing an arrest warrent to be issued - is not the cleverest thing in the world to do. Idiot.

Edit: For a slightly less sensational/made-up account of events, try the local newspaper

edit on 6-7-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Is there a list anywhere of where local and state taxes go too?

Details of how your council tax is calcuated and where it a apportioned is sent out to every home along with your annual council tax statement.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I think the best thing to do is just keep your head down and your mouth shut. Don't raise any red flags. But we'll always have those that need to express there frustrations. But it's just fruitless. It just leads to a miserable life.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

No, the best think is to speak up and be heard - but don't break the law

new topics

top topics

join