It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Nibiru fans! Your proof just got 1000% better with CNN

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisb9

Originally posted by ColAngus
reply to post by chrisb9

Enjoy the ulcers and needless anxiety!

Nothing like a good sense of humor,

It's no problem at all dispelling ignorance to "know it all's"

When the students are ready, then the teacher arrives...!

Just think of me as a patient and friendly teacher...

If you mean teaching bad astronomy, incorrect astrophysics, and how to ingnore the scientific method, then I would agree with you.

But the good news is that many people that frequent these boards have a good back ground in some of these areas already.

To me spreading misinformation in these areas is as bad as perpetrating a hoax.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

If you can't see Donny for what he really is then your brainwashed and there is no going back! Why does he block and silence anyone who opposes him no matter how nice and respectful they are about it? If you show Donny that he has made a mistake or misinterpreted what he was seeing he won't listen and he has proven time and time again he's not after the truth. He's a fear mongering little troll with a messiah complex who has no problem hoaxing people and spreading disinfo. I'm pretty sure he's been to the nut house atleast once and will cyber stalk, file flase complaints, and call the police on anyone he feels is a threat. I have a very basic understanding of astrometry and astrophysics and I can tell how wrong he is most of the time idk why you can't?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
My apologies for not having the time to reply personally to everyone who post's a reply.

Rest assured, that the team of scientist's and analysts I work with are doing a thorough
review of all related materials and correlating the facts while postulating varying
hypotheses for any incorrect logarithms that might flaw the thought
process in determining the orbital mechanic's of the formula/formula's in question.

Hope that clears it up for everyone,

If not, too bad and please stop publically whining and crying...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

Just think of me as a patient and friendly teacher

That would require more imagination than it would take to believe in nibiru or virtually anything donny has to say about it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hi, I don't have enough experience on this site yet to make my own thread, so I figured I would just post a response here for it. Check out this link and let me know if its real or not. I figured I would ask one of the most judgmental sites ever haha.

weeklyworldnews.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

maybe it's of one of those invisible gases?

I know Uranus has invisible gases sometimes around 1000%. But this thread is just crap.

I would like to know the agenda behind and exactly who, is posting this montage of deception and total ignorance ?
Let's see someone who thinks and operates believing the rest of us are idiots, sheeple or livestock ? Hmmm...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisb9
My apologies for not having the time to reply personally to everyone who post's a reply.

Rest assured, that the team of scientist's and analysts I work with are doing a thorough
review of all related materials and correlating the facts while postulating varying
hypotheses for any incorrect logarithms that might flaw the thought
process in determining the orbital mechanic's of the formula/formula's in question.

Hope that clears it up for everyone,

If not, too bad and please stop publically whining and crying...

Breaking news a picture emerges of chrisb9's team of scientists

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
look i don't really want to honor this thread but CNN are one of the biggest bunch of # slingers on earth

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

HA maybe more like this

cdn.memegenerator.net...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Isnt jupiter a failed star? not sure but ive heard something about that..

IF it is, wouldnt a gas giant 4x bigger than jupiter ignite and BECOME a star???

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Brown dwarfs are failed stars. It's true that there is very little difference between the largest gas giants and the smallest brown dwarfs, but Jupiter is not one of the largest gas giants.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Miccey

Brown dwarfs are failed stars. It's true that there is very little difference between the largest gas giants and the smallest brown dwarfs, but Jupiter is not one of the largest gas giants.

I didnt say that Jupiter was one of the largest gas giants...
I said Jupiter is a gas giant and this thing that they speak
of is 4x bigger...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
Isnt jupiter a failed star? not sure but ive heard something about that..

IF it is, wouldnt a gas giant 4x bigger than jupiter ignite and BECOME a star???

No. Even 4 times the size of Jupiter would be too small.

For stars with similiar composition to the sun (metallicity), the minimum amount needed to sustain fusion is 75 Jupiter masses:

Star Mass

Brown Dwarfs are not defined very well, but generally have masses that are at least 15 Jupiters or bigger.

A object that is 4 times as massive as Jupiter is just a gas giant that is 4 times bigger than Jupiter.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by linknumbernine

You do know that Weekly World News is a fictional tabloid and not recognized and a true source of news. Yeah, they will tell you that the world is going to end but still sell you a 5 year subscription.

More information on Weekly World News

-saige-

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

No it would be a planet...if it meets all the criteria.

“In terms of gaseous planets, once they reach 15 Jupiter masses or so there is enough pressure in the core to ignite deuterium fusion, so those are considered “brown dwarfs” rather than planets.”

Read more: www.universetoday.com...

15 jupiter masses are way too much! at that rate, it would be a red dwarf already. jupiters mass is almost at its critical mass limit, a celestial body exceeding a litle bit more than that the mass of jupiter, will start to perform fusion reactions!

you can also call a brown dwarf, a semi star. since the fusion reactor is yet in its stabil state, to create a sustained fusion reaction in the center of the star. the brown dwarf is a "sometimes i do fusion reactions, and sometimes i dont" sort of star.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyote66

Originally posted by Char-Lee

No it would be a planet...if it meets all the criteria.

“In terms of gaseous planets, once they reach 15 Jupiter masses or so there is enough pressure in the core to ignite deuterium fusion, so those are considered “brown dwarfs” rather than planets.”

Read more: www.universetoday.com...

15 jupiter masses are way too much! at that rate, it would be a red dwarf already. jupiters mass is almost at its critical mass limit, a celestial body exceeding a litle bit more than that the mass of jupiter, will start to perform fusion reactions!

you can also call a brown dwarf, a semi star. since the fusion reactor is yet in its stabil state, to create a sustained fusion reaction in the center of the star. the brown dwarf is a "sometimes i do fusion reactions, and sometimes i dont" sort of star.

I'm afraid you are mistaken about Jupiter.

The sun's mass is 1.9891×10^30 kg and we refere to it as "1 solar mass"

Jupiter's mass is 1.8986×10^27 kg or 1/1047 of the sun's mass (a lot smaller)

Brown Dwarfs

A remarkable property of brown dwarfs is that they are all roughly the same radius as Jupiter. At the high end of their mass range (60–90 Jupiter masses), the volume of a brown dwarf is governed primarily by electron-degeneracy pressure,[4] as it is in white dwarfs; at the low end of the range (10 Jupiter masses), their volume is governed primarily by Coulomb pressure, as it is in planets. The net result is that the radii of brown dwarfs vary by only 10–15% over the range of possible masses. This can make distinguishing them from planets difficult.

Red Dwarfs are condisdered to be as small as a star can be and sustain main reaction fustion of hydrogen:

A red dwarf is a small and relatively cool star on the main sequence, either late K or M spectral type. They have a mass of less than half that of the Sun (down to about 0.075 solar masses, below which stellar objects are brown dwarfs) and a surface temperature of less than 4,000 K. Red dwarfs are by far the most common type of star in the Galaxy, at least in the neighborhood of the Sun. Proxima Centauri, the nearest star to the Sun, is a red dwarf (Type M5, apparent magnitude 11.05), as are twenty of the next thirty nearest. However, due to their low luminosity, individual red dwarfs cannot easily be observed. From Earth, none is visible to the naked eye.[1]

So Red Dwarfs can be as small as 7.5% of the sun's mass.

Brown Dwarfs can get as small as 10 Jupiter masses,

Jupiter is only 0.09% of the sun's mass. So to get sustained fusion at it's core, you would need 75 more Jupiters.

So I'm afraid, 15 Jupiter masses is not "way too much", it would place it in the brown dwarf catagory just fine, and even 15 Jupiter masses is still too small to have sustained fusion reaction at it's core.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by linknumbernine
Hi, I don't have enough experience on this site yet to make my own thread, so I figured I would just post a response here for it. Check out this link and let me know if its real or not. I figured I would ask one of the most judgmental sites ever haha.

weeklyworldnews.com...

I really Hope your joking around but since you don't seem like you are I'll bite. Yes it's fake weekly world news is a joke and do you not think you would be able to see this planet if it was going to hit us in 6 days or feel the effects.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
Red Dwarfs are condisdered to be as small as a star can be and sustain main reaction fustion of hydrogen:

[...]However, due to their low luminosity, individual red dwarfs cannot easily be observed. From Earth, none is visible to the naked eye.[1]

And to everyone who may believe that this means that you cannot see a red dwarf (or even a brown dwarf, for that matter). This simply means that due to the level of light they produce and their distance relative to the earth (not to mention the light of other objects with greater luminosity); that they are not visible without assistance (i.e. - telescope based observation, IR based observation or radio based observation are needed).

Imagine trying to pinpoint the light produced by a candle when it is directly in front of a spotlight or pinpoint the light of a candle 20 miles away compared to the light of a spotlight twenty miles away.

-saige-
edit on 16-7-2012 by saige45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by MikhailBakunin

maybe it's of one of those invisible gases?

I know Uranus has invisible gases sometimes around 1000%. But this thread is just crap.

Actually, if you hold a lit lighter there at just the right moment, prior to the expulsion of the gasses they will ignite and become visible. This technique works best with dim lighting and a lot of beer.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join