It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4TH of July, could this be the day theyll close the Straits?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone else is mabey thinkin that today would be a good day to attack the americans wherever they may be....
The Ayetoleyas know this too no doubt.....
Asymetrical warfare being what it is maybe theyll mine the starits to give the US a black eye today of all days...
Just a thought...what do you figure the chances rate today?I certainly dont think the Iranis have any fear of opening the ball if they can gat an overwhelming shot in......
meh?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Isn't the fourth already over in the Strait of Hormuz?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

edit on 07/04/12 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If they did that then they will have commited suicide. They are playing a chess match, closing the Straits would be eqivalent to losing the Queen and leaving the King open and vulnerable leading to checkmate or losing the game. Not a wise move. And besides I dont think the Russians or the Chinese would be amused as it is one of the aqautic pulmanuary arteries of the shipping world!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You got to give it to the clerics of Iran...not only are they knowledgeable about their religious law...they are considered master military strategists as well...most people can only hope to be really good at one thing; these guys are willing to try their hand at fighting professional soldiers.

you'd think they'd start a war with a smaller enemy instead of going straight at the big dog. but hey, what do I know.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
These guys invented the numbers you use every day......theres a lot of brain power there the culture is far older than most of NATO countries...
These people have good reasons to remain united.....even to death....
the west has all kinds of reasons to fall into dissarray....NATO, the UN, all parties are out for whatever edge they can get.....they wil play any side, and back any play, by any party, that will bring them evem marginally closer to their goals....
The Arab"Allies" are even more untrustworthy i believe....
The saudis woud love to see teheran in ruins....that is a factor which gets small play in the discussion, and the Saudis have the moolah to do whatever they wish,,,,
Without Teheran in the picture the Saudis woud be a ot more dominant a factor in the regions power politics.
What i dont get is the smaller states co opeeration here...Quatar, Oman,UAE,etc....
Whats in this for them?
Control of a Shia majority population what?
Iran must carry a lot of weight with these places somehow....
Syria, is the first shot of the Iran campaign i believe, and the rest is being positioned to move at a moments notice when the right moment arrives.
A sinking in The Straits,
A missile launch of any beligerant nature....(or even one close enough to call)
A harrassing of Allied ships with fast boats etc....
Aircraft approach too colse to a fleet formation
Mining the straits even without shipping loss.....merey stopping the ships for lack of mine insuraance.....
Any inadvertent straying of military or CIVILIAN aircraft into declared airspace of either side.....
Compete loggerheads and a walkout at the talks by either side...
Further covert activity comes to light....(Computer viruses hackings, murders of scientists,)
These are just some of the "potential triggers that could concievably start the whole thing into motion.....
There alread is speculation as to one aircraft carrier being sacrificed in a false flag op to kick things off...That carrier is nigh on station now i reckon....
Probably, be a good thing to keep an eye on the CVs currentl doing other things around the world and at home ports.
When we see another carrier moseying over to that corner of the globe, and more stuff being airlifted to Tierra del fuego sic, then the timing cant be far off.....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Doesnt look like it!!! In fact i dont think Iran attempts to close the straits any time soon at all if ever.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
play call of duty too much?

new topics

top topics

join