It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As It's Independence Day In The US, This Got Me Thinking.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
We all know from history that The US broke away from Britain because of the actions of King George III. However could history have been different if The British Monarchy had not been restored?

After the English Civil war and the excecution of King Charles I, Oliver Cromwell became "Lord Protector Of The Commonwealth" On his death Cromwells son Richard took up the position of Lord Protector. However Richard was not up to the job, and this resulted in the Monarchy being restored and King Charles II was crowned.
History tells us that Oliver Cromwell and his son Richard where very in the belief (And also by their actions) that the 13 American colonies should be just left to handle their own affairs without interference from the mother country.

So. If the Monarchy had not been restored would the American War Of Independence still have occured? It makes you wonder if it hadn't then what would America be today?

As a footnote, The English Civil war also saw action on The US mainland It was refered to as "The Last Battle Of The English Civil War". For those who may be interested. Details here:-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It wasn't restored. A group of Monarch sympathizers from the year 2137 along with German and Russian scientists using Japanese circuitry created a time machine. They used this time machine to return to that time and used a synthetic drug, which caused confusion in young Richard, and he was unable to think clearly enough to do the job. Work then began in restoration of the Monarchy. This was done due to the complete loss of control over the people rendering the Monarchy system useless. Governments of the World began listening to the people and the advancement of Man sky rocketed to the point where violence and domination were non existent. Those that wish to control were loosing their foot hold and this decision was made to alter History for the benefit of the Monarchies and Dictators to regain control.

Seriously though, there are a lot of what ifs that have happened throughout history that a simple alteration would make this World a much different place. I believe that if Richard had done a good job some sort of war would have inevitably taken place with the growth and spreading of Spain and France through the New World. It may not have put us where we are today in Governmental systems or even a single Nation, but I think war would have ensued regardless.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling

join