It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska town gets free Taco Bell fare flown in after hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Apparently a feud has sparked some controversy in a mid sized city in Alaska. In Bethel, Alaska(population of about 6,200 but scheduled to rise to 10,000 for the 4th of July)

Flyers went up in June, announcing the opening and including a phone number to call to inquire about a job at the new restaurant. The number belonged to the targeted person.
This caused such a controversy as other than "Subway" the closest fast food is 400 miles and a $500 plane ticket away, that Corporate "Taco Bell" heard of it. It was announced as a hoax because they had no plans to open a restaurant in Bethel, but as a consolation "Taco Bell" sent

950 pounds of seasoned beef, 300 pounds of lettuce, 150 pounds of cheddar cheese, 500 pounds of reduced fat sour cream and 300 pounds of tomatoes.
which was enough to make

10,000 Doritos Locos Tacos.

Can you believe this? Although the company CEO Greg Creed refused to state the cost of this venture I can guarantee it was no drop in the bucket.

Source: today.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
mmmm, free wood pulp tacos.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
the should just build a taco bell instead of sending 10000 tacos there which equates to 15 lbs of meat. taco bell is nasty

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
And this sparked off the fast ford wars, remember the movie with sylvester stallone (demolition man)? It foretold this war and taco bell wins..

10,000 loco tacos is a hell of a carpet bombing, this isn't gonna be pretty or healthy...

No this nice what taco bell has done.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
MmMm Beefy nacho burrito.........

edit on 4-7-2012 by dayve because: Y U M

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Makes me hungry

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm sure the local sewage company is estatic.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
WOW!

Why don't they just open a Taco Bell there?! If the closest fast food is 400 miles away I would imagine if they had one there it would be pretty profitable plus it creates some jobs for people. It may not create a lot of jobs but at least it creates some.

I think it was really nice of the Taco Bell head hancho to do.

I am personally not a fan of TB, I'd rather make my own tacos and not suffer the next day.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
YEAH FREE POISON!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

We have about the same number and the nearest town to us also has that number and both have Taco Bells. maybe it depends on if there is anyone there that can afford to open the franchise.

I like the potato taco and sometimes the cheesy bean n rice burrito, otherwise we don't eat TB food.

BTW... you make ranch dressing add a dab of taco sauce or hot sauce to it and fry potato squares add a little lettuce and if you like cilantro on a taco shell and wow way better at home!!

No dirty teenage hands touching it :-)

edit on 4-7-2012 by Char-Lee because: add

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
New headline... Alaskan Town now ghost town as all of it's inhabitants mysteriously die of heart disease over night.

10,000 tocos???? wow!

500 pounds of reduced fat sour cream???

- No sir.. you heard it wrong. You get 500lb fat guys loading your taco's with cream.

haha this is taco bell. You THINK you're getting sour cream.

I better quit while Im not banned. lol

edit on 5-7-2012 by article because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by article
10,000 tocos???? wow!

I'd be willing to bet that they sell that many tacos every 20 minutes nationally.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Pretty cool story, the sentiment was nice. I don't feel like this is a market ploy, as there would be no real gain for pushing product to consumers in the middle of no where. Glad to see that some people are willing to put money aside and put forth some effort towards being nice.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

more than likely. Ya figure that's probably around 18K worth of tacos, but taco bell's cost and shipping would probably turn out alot less since you figure that's about the price for a sup. dorito taco at the store. I'm sure their cost is way less. They probably make 150% profit on these things.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This is actually a Brilliant move on Taco Bells part. They get the people to sample and like the food then the people beg for more - Taco Bell now has a proven market to solicit tacos to. They know they can make money here and they will be the first of all the fast food giants to do it. Sorry McDonnalds.

IF it works...

new topics

top topics

join