It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they ramping us up for disclosure asap or what?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

That's your business. I've seen them and what you think about me as a result of that *experience* is irrelevant. My *experience* means that I know something you don't. See how that works? We who know, know. You who do not, simply do not.

There will be disclosure, though it will probably be a false flag first so that those who cannot cope with threats to the comfort zones of their belief systems can come to terms with the info before they acknowledge the real deal. Either way, sleep well. The days of ignorance are numbered.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

Total BS! I have seen no aliens and nothing that looks like damn aliens! lol

On the other hand I have heard some people say they have seen them and guess what? I do not believe them! I will believe it when I see it.. You on the other hand do listen to other people instead of seeing the lack of evidence! You choose to believe the hearsay...

Many people make stuff up for fun my friend, just look at all the fake ufo vids, there are so so many!

This is incorrect and an unscientific way to look at it. Absence of evidence does not imply evidence of absence. Now, I'm a skeptic but after doing my own research on these cases and hearing testimony from high ranking military officials, radar evidence of these crafts doing aerial maneuvers that makes our propulsion technology look like a primitive joke, trace evidence of high radioactivity in the few places where these crafts have landed, it is ignorant not to consider the "extraterrestrial" hypothesis. Of course, that may be a leap in logic and there may be some other possible explanation such as the U.S military advancing in propulsion technology and other areas of engineering that is beyond physics we even understand. The origin of these crafts is up for debate, and while approximately 70% of all UFO sightings can be explained via conventional and natural phenomenon according to Project Blue Book which was conducted by qualified scientists and astronomers and 9.5% was dismissed due to insufficient data (hallucinations, hoaxes, etc), a whopping 21.5% could not be explained and still remain of unknown origin and cannot be explained by the scientists.

Of course, whether these things are manned by entities not of this world is where skepticism comes in and that is up for debate.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Just a few of many videos

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
People will do everything they can to protect their own egocentric view of the universe, the will deny, ridicule, deliberately maintain a septic scepticism, because they don't like the implications of noty being the smartest thing in the zoo.
I cannot wait until the day comes when the general population regards alien visitation as "Normal", it is normal, has been going on for a very very very very long time, and i hope disclosure, in whatever form it happens, happens sooner rather than later.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Science has made some interesting "discoveries" recently. Some of them sound like an attempt to ramp us up to disclosure. Theyre slowly telling us things that make aliens seem more and more likely.

"every star has planets"? Really? Ive always understood that our sun is not special. Its supposed to be about halfway through its lifespan. Its an average size. Theres millions of stars just like it that are observable. Why would the earth be special then?

Could you provide a link stating that? Many stars are thought to have planets. We've been discovering exoplanets for over 2 decades now, with technology getting better with each passing year for detecting and even analyzing them. However no one has stated that every single star out there has planets. Extrasolar Planet

Bacteria was discovered quite a while ago that lives in primary cooling system water in nuclear reactors. This water is hot enough that it would boil a man alive. And its highly radioactive. Kinda throws the "goldilocks zone" bull out of the water if you ask me. It seems to be that life can literally spring up anywhere.

The "goldilocks zone" or Habitable Zone is that area where a planet orbits a star in which liquid water can exist. The thoughts on this is that life as we know it here are Earth needs water.
I'd like to point out that your bacteria is in fact living in liquid water.
The Habitable Zone is not about radiation, nor the temprature of the water except if that temprature is too high for water to remain liquid, or too cold and remain liquid.
Their are exceptions to this of course, Jupiter's moon Europa is thought to have liquid water below the very thick ice crust due to tidal forces keeping it warm but is clearly outside the sun's Habitable Zone. Again, however, they are basing it on the fact that the water there is liquid below that crust.

The higgs boson was announced as confirmed. Now this one is highly interesting. Since mass is really an interaction between subatomic particles and the higgs field...what does it take to block the higgs field? If we could cause a spaceship to be massless, it will not be affected by the earths gravity. Put a nuclear rocket on it for propulsion. oh, and the cosmic speed limit only applies to objects with mass. Just keep on accelerating!

As stated by other posters, it still has not been confirmed yet. The announcement yesterday is that they have observed something that fits the profile, but are not confirming anything.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Also, when i posted my intro, i said that i dont believe aliens as evil as us could have technology for interstellar transport. i was dead wrong. WE are on the verge of interstellar space travel i fear. That really bothers me more than the idea of aliens coming here.
reply to post by phroziac

Great Post!!!

Some really tantalizing questions there. I fear it same as you. We're still too juvenile as a species and the first thing that would happen if we were able to travel to other planets would be militarization and they'd be stripped of all their resources. I fear there would also be something akin to the discovery of the Americas if we were to discover planets with a species less advanced than ourselves. Namely mass slaughter and taking of things for ourselves.

We have work to do as a species before we're set lose amongst the stars

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I take offense at the "classes of civilization" thing because it seems to claim the nwo is a good thing. We dont need a government at all, and a truly advanced species wouldnt actually have "anarchy". Just peace, or well, mostly peace.

And i think the goldilocks zone is crap. Yes, it is the zone where liquid water exists, but it assumes et is like us, and thats unrealistic. Cold frozen outerplanets could have intelligent life there that didnt originate there (i have to imagine a bunch of greys keeping warm around nuclear reactors of a wrecked space ship at this point). More realistically they could live in space stations around such a planet. Also there could be geothermal vents with life living in a liquid ocean under a thick layer of ice..ocean life atleast.

Planets living closer to their sun than venus probably wont have intelligent life on them, but i bet they are full of extremophiles. Theres gotta be somewhere that water condenses at some point, assuming theres even water at all. Bacteria doesnt need much.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Eevery star has planets link... www.popsci.com...

reply to post by Titor86

I agree but i doubt the stripping of resources. The asteroid belt is so much closer and full of them. Then again wwre always at war for oil when we have more oil than they do wtf? Do other planets have oil? Uh oh!

I just hope the first place we go is mars. I wanna see the anomalies up close

I wonder if this is the reason ets are here. What if theyre monitoring us to make sure we dont get lose yet?
edit on 5-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I take offense at the "classes of civilization" thing because it seems to claim the nwo is a good thing. We dont need a government at all, and a truly advanced species wouldnt actually have "anarchy". Just peace, or well, mostly peace.

And i think the goldilocks zone is crap. Yes, it is the zone where liquid water exists, but it assumes et is like us, and thats unrealistic. Cold frozen outerplanets could have intelligent life there that didnt originate there (i have to imagine a bunch of greys keeping warm around nuclear reactors of a wrecked space ship at this point). More realistically they could live in space stations around such a planet. Also there could be geothermal vents with life living in a liquid ocean under a thick layer of ice..ocean life atleast.

Planets living closer to their sun than venus probably wont have intelligent life on them, but i bet they are full of extremophiles. Theres gotta be somewhere that water condenses at some point, assuming theres even water at all. Bacteria doesnt need much.

No, it doesn't assume that it is like us. Get your facts straight and try to actually understand what you are suppose to be reading.

Is bacteria just like us? No. We have things that are related, but we are not the same.

Call the zone "crap' all you want (speaks volumes to me ) but it's still a reference as to where liquid water can exist due to a planet's position from a star. It does not define where any kind of life may be, just life that requires liquid water.

Could life exist outside of it? Sure it might, either because the situation is such that water is able to exist in liquid form outside of that zone, or because the life out of it is not based upon liquid water, but something else.

That doesn't make the zone "crap". I would recommend that you actually understand something first before you call it "crap".

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Is disclosure imminent?

Disclosure is a myth. Just last year the U.S. government said that they have no inside knowledge about UFOs or life on other planets if it exists at all. Tah dah! Disclosure! What more do you want?

Oh, you want them to confirm what you already believe. Well, what kind of truth is it if it all depends on what you think, rather than what it really is?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here is an article about the recent results suggesting rocky planets are more common:
io9.com - A Game-Changer in the Search for Alien Life: “All stars have planets”...

Shostak tells io9 the discovery could certainly speed up the search for ET as there are simply more targets out there. "The message we've been getting from the planet hunting community is loud and clear," said Shostak, "and that message is that all stars have planets." And not only that, he added — "Most of them might have small planets, too, and not just gas giants."

Research was also recently released suggesting billions of rogue planets between star systems. In fact, David Nesvorny of the Southwest Research Institute in Colorado found that in his studies and in his modeling that our own solar system likely had a gas giant between Saturn and Uranus that was later ejected due to the forces between planets which determine their orbits (and possibly other factors I'm not mentioned). So at some point in our past we had a rogue planet out there.

Here's some research showing that there might be a rogue planet out there right now:
www.msnbc.msn.com - Is an unseen planet skirting edge of our solar system?...

Here is hte article about the rogue planets:
www.spacedaily.com - Free-floating planets in the Milky Way outnumber stars by factors of thousands...

Here is another article linked to similar (or the same?) research about rogue planets:
www.nytimes.com - Cast Adrift in the Milky Way, Billions of Planets, All Alone...

PS: This is a small sampling of the things going on right now.
edit on 5-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

What is there to really disclose? Even if they were out there, and government/space space exploration agencies knew about them, what makes you think they would even know any more about the things than we do? Because they have the money and scientific resources? Please...

I really think the problem here is that fringe people have a very hardened belief that telling people that space-faring ET civilizations existed would cause some sort of disastrous reaction in society. The issue here is that most people wouldn't be surprised, and scientists in those fields would be extremely relieved and excited to finally have that question answered. I wouldn't put too much stock into that infamous Brooking's Report. Is was written as nothing more than suggestions and opinions from other scientists. It's not some kind of "disclosure policy."

Personally, I think the only people that would really be surprised and shocked about this kind of news would be the UFOlogists. I'm also very curious how they would react to the biology and true nature of such a species and just how devastatingly far from little grey humanoid men they truly (and scientifically likely) are.

Their physiology and psychology would likely be so far beyond our limited, earth-centric imaginings to be nearly inconceivable. *Especially* if they can travel these distances.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

And i think the goldilocks zone is crap. Yes, it is the zone where liquid water exists, but it assumes et is like us, and thats unrealistic. Cold frozen outerplanets could have intelligent life there that didnt originate there (i have to imagine a bunch of greys keeping warm around nuclear reactors of a wrecked space ship at this point). More realistically they could live in space stations around such a planet. Also there could be geothermal vents with life living in a liquid ocean under a thick layer of ice..ocean life at least.

I don't know what the NWO have to do with classes of civilization. (I'm sorry I linked the video, I don't know how to make it play in the thread)
This video basically helps explain the classes of civilization. How we are class 0 and are getting close to be able to transition into a class 1 civilization.
The three classes of civilization

Don't forget that a lot of what NWO wants to do is actually what we need to happen, it's just they want full power. That is the part that is going to make it really difficult. How it appears that they want the same things as us but their way basically leads to slavery instead of becoming a better more advanced civilization.

edit on 5-7-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Nobody should get to rule anybody. Thats why i say the nwo is crap.
i understand the classses of cicilization thing beyond that, just wanted to make myself clear. And when were ready to be a higher class civilizatioj we wont need government.

I fully understand the goldilocks zone and i still dont agree with it. Europa isnt in the goldilocks zone and is believed to have water. Yeah they say its under thick ice but we dont know that. It might not be thick at all really. And if what the government says about venus is true (without the global warming bs propoganda spin they attach to it lol), its not close enough to the sun to be that hot. What would venus' temperature be if it was beyond mars? Would it be cooler?

Where is the goldilocks zone for a red giant star? How many stars have become red giants but the light hasnt made it here yet? Certainly an ice world could quickly become earth like with an expanding sun.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I agree with you on this, not that I buy any of the BS surrounding the Olympic UFO thing, but, relating to that is that article about nick pope where he suggests that IF it is gonna happen now would be a possible time.
Also there was as I'm sure you've seen, the physicist saying he's pretty sure we'll know the answers to these things within the century.

I think without a doubt that the whole stigma attached with the idea is starting to disappear. More and more scientists seem to be accepting the possibility. And that means it must be important!

Personally I'm excited to see what the future holds for us humans, even in 20 years time things will be completely different!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Hell, i was born in 86. We live in a very weird future that i could have never imagined in the 90s. And back then i thought the spice girls were bad. Now we have freakin bieber....gawd...

Seriously though, remember the drone mistaken for an alien craft a few weeks ago in dc? "oh, thats not an alien space ship, its just our flying robot that kills people". wtf?thats normal now? And im typing this on a touch screen phone. When i was a kid we could barely afford a computer. And we bought it in 96 and it had windows 3.11...whats that tell ya? And viruses?no one got those back then. now we have stuxnet. Lets not even get into spy technology....remember the space telescope that was gifted to nasa by darpa? Its basically hubble with a short focal length. They didnt need it. So wtf are they spying with? Thats a hell of a telescope to give away because you dont need it!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DissonantOne

The belief all starts with some olds from the times of X-files who are like 'I want to believe...'

That the gov is hiding UFO cases is not a myth, however, since they are hiding it, how do you expect disclosure? The example of last year's petition was a certain 'We don't want to tell you anything'...

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You think the world is weird now because you were born in 86, think about people who were born even further back. The boom we had in the 20th century was crazy.

It's guesstimated that in the next 100yrs we should be a class 1 civilization. Now that would be crazy to see

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

You think the world is weird now because you were born in 86, think about people who were born even further back. The boom we had in the 20th century was crazy.

It's guesstimated that in the next 100yrs we should be a class 1 civilization. Now that would be crazy to see

I always wondered what someone who was born in maybe 1880 mustve thought about the space race. These people traveled in horse and buggies as kids, and grew old watching man walk on the moon on primitive tv....
Also their first car may have been a model t, and they probably drooled at the original impalas, camaros, mustangs, thinking that was high technology...

My generation got screwed on car aesthetics until just recently sadly. Everyone in my neighborhood still had early/mid 80s cars, cutlasses and iroc camaros, firebirds with the huge bird on the hood. What do we have now? Ford focus. Blah. I love the new mustangs and the hyundai genesis though....... But our typical everyday cars...are god awful. Can we uninvent the minivan yet? Can i jump in my time machine and shoot whoever invented the minivan? I wasnt conceived in one so im safe right? Lol......

But our future right now scares me. Too 1984 like....

Class 1 civilization? I doubt it. We are backpedaling away from it if you ask me. The elite want one world government where they own the whole planet. Thats not what we need. Gun control? No. When everyone awakens and realizes what we are doing by killing eachother, there will not be a desire to use them. or knives or sharpened toothbrushes. I dont see us getting their unless we have a teotwawki scenario and overthrow the elite. Which.....could be soon....or never....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join