It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings.
(1) The Arabic version is Al Jabbar (the Giant) – which equates with the Hebrew Gibbor – or Al Babadur (the Strong) or Al Shuja (the Snake).
(2) In Babylonian lore, Orion was identified with Tammuz.
(3) The Chinese call the constellation Shen and regard it as the realm of the White Tiger.
(4) In early Egypt it was the demon, Sahu; in later times it was Horus or Osiris journeying across the sky.
(5) The Greeks had many names such as giant, warrior, double axe, etc. but earlier, the name was Kandaon or Woarion.
(6) The Hebrew version is Kesil or Gibbor, equated with Nimrod.
(7) In Mesopotamia it was Ningirsu or Tammuz or Uru-Anna, the deity of light.
(8) The Mexicans recognise it as Atli the bowman.
(9) Norse mythology sees these stars as Odin or as Freya’s spinningwheel.
(10) In North America it is recognised as three fishermen (Micmac), a celestial hunter or the Hanging Lines (Zuni).
(11) Siberian lore says that the stars are Erlik Khan and his three dogs and the wapiti they are chasing. In the Buriat version a hunter, born of a cow, was carried to the heavens by the gods when he shot an arow at three stags he was chasing.
(12) In South America it is recognised as condors holding two criminals in Peru, as three bolas by others, while some tribes say the stars are a leg, in some cases the leg of one of the Pleiades after it had been bitten off by an alligator
Isis - She is represented in the sky as Sirius and is often depicted with long wings, as a snow white heifer, a hippopotamus, a serpent or a queen standing on a crescent.
Aten (also Aton, Egyptian jtn) is the disk of the sun in ancient Egyptian mythology, and originally an aspect of Ra.
Originally posted by kenny71
All I am seeing are just paintings and nebula background fading in and out. I cant really see any connection. Awesome idea though.
Originally posted by DJW001
Leonardo could not possibly have seen the Orion Nebula as it appears in the Hubble image because that image incorporates wavelengths outside of the visible spectrum. As for his dramatic, swirling compositions, we know from his own notebooks that he experimented with the eddies and currents that form in liquids, and traced organic shapes. I'm not saying Leonardo wasn't an extraterrestrial, but this line of "investigation" seems dubious at best.