why no political system works

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Why no political system works

I want to talk about why Democracy, Communism, Monarchy, dictatorships and any other political system you care to mention has failed us.
Beyond mythological kings such as Arthur Pendragon and Vikramāditya humans have never experienced a properly functioning government.

Every government only remains in power with the blessing of its people, they give it its authority and its legitimacy in exchange it gives them protection from foreign governments, criminal activity and quite often a variety of other concerns such as fires or illness.
Governments also allow a slow change of society either towards a specific goal (such as the abolishment of the state in communism) or to keep the laws of the land relevant to the society that inhabits it.

Unfortunately governments unfailingly fail to live up to their function due to their inherent corruption, until people from all areas of the political spectrum realize this is a bigger threat than rival political ideologies we will never overcome this inherent weakness in government and we will be stuck with it.

Its like arguing what colour carpet you want in the living room while the house is on fire.
No matter how the house of cards is stacked you always seem to find the same jokers at the top, rich decadent parasites who contribute nothing but take everything.

well those are my $0.02 at least

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i agree completely.
my reason for it-and you might not like it-is we deserve
the govt we have. we were born into a bad/verybad/unbearable/good
situation-not by accident.
its like being born into either a good caring family or born into
a cruel abusive family
we must have created the causes previously
but you might have to believe in reincarnation to appreciate that

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jikwan

whether we deserve it or not doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to change it though

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I saw a list which had Kings that ruled for 35,000 years. When you say 'works' what exactly do you expect?

Do you mean perhaps that you are not getting what you want?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
go for it man, see what you can do. youve got some big
work cut out for you
ive always seen it this way..... you have a snow mountain
you roll a snowball down it. 5metres- can stop it
15 metres-its getting bigger, but still stoppable
at 25 metres......its your last chance! ok you let it go
gets bigger and bigger very quickly
after 125 metres its so big nobody can stop it
in our modern world-i see 500+ of these well established
extremes in progress
a stitch in time saves nine

we do have our limitations

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I mean a government which has as little corruption as possible and genuinely looks out for the interests of its people.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jikwan

I ain't expecting a world where we hold each others hands and sing as we prance through the fields buck naked, picking flowers and braiding each others hair.

I just wish people would realize they've got a bigger problems and take down the biggest threat first.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Money.
Ignorance.
Diversity of people(money, class, upbringing, morals, current life situation).

These are three main reasons why governments do not work.

I hate the fact that in capitalism any type of political system is dictated to by money, it means that a government has to not only look at its citizens as actually people but ALSO statistical numbers on a piece of paper, we are born into a business which is our countries, we have to work or we die in some countries. I don't want to be a statistic let alone a statistic that is seen as a piece of money earning meat, to my government I think that is all I am.

My country hasn't been a country for a long time like a lot of others it has been a business that has a huge 'human resources' section since it seams people second... People should not be second to their government, but unfortunately capitalism in its tracks to make people equal has failed us greatly and has in return made people more egotistical, greedy, self centred, numb and apathy in compassion for other people has hit the roof.

I'm not sure when people will realise we have walked down a road that leads to nowhere for all of us, but I know that no one wants to be the one to turn back first.
edit on 4-7-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir

Beyond mythological kings such as Arthur Pendragon and Vikramāditya humans have never experienced a properly functioning government.

We have allowed our mythologies, which we need in order to stay sane, to become dysfunctional. We have allowed our mysticism to become materialistic and blasphemous. As a result we can't establish a harmony with the cycles of nature. Without that harmony, we can't produce wisdom. Without that mystical wisdom, we can't produce wise rulers.

edit on 4-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

We have allowed our mythologies, which we need in order to stay sane, to become dysfunctional. We have allowed our mysticism to become materialistic and blasphemous. As a result we can't establish a harmony with the cycles of nature. Without that harmony, we can't produce wisdom. Without that mystical wisdom, we can't produce wise rulers.

Wise rulers .... mystical wisdom. Yes.

The Iroquois Great Law of Peace

The Great Law is like a Great White Mat of Law upon which the Chiefs sit as they deliberate on the affairs of the nations. Burning before the assembled chiefs is the council fire, called "the great light," that never dies as long as the people believe in the Great Law. The kindling the council fire, considered sacred in that it purifies the words of those assembled, obligates the Chiefs to speak the truth. Also holding a council only in the daylight is another cultural mechanism to assure clear thinking. Meeting held at night are considered inappropriate and meant for foster dissent.

The Chiefs were to use the power of their mind to reason, to figure out what was best for the welfare of the people. The three main principles of the Great Law of Peace are: Righteousness (Good News), Civil Authority (Power), and also Mind (Reason) and the welfare work." We are to view the chiefs like a circle of standing trees, supporting the Tree of Peace that grows in the middle. They help to keep it from falling over. With each Chief was to be a helper, to keep the Chief standing tall.

the-unspoken-truth.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

youre more or less saying the further we stray from the laws of nature- the
more we suffer. and out of that suffering we can only expect more suffering

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

No , they Do , but Only is Small Communities . The Larger the Herd , the More Discontent is Voiced by those who Feel they Just HAVE to be Different. There in is the Rub...........

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jikwan

youre more or less saying the further we stray from the laws of nature- the
more we suffer. and out of that suffering we can only expect more suffering

And the laws of the human psyche too. We are not providing people with a structured, socially acceptable, mystical, ritualistic means to transcend ego-consciousness. Without that, we go crazy.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Ah , the Ego Consciousness . Yes , Transending that takes Effort that Most People Lack ............Sigh ....

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
but you must agree that it is in developing awareness and detachment
that leads to being free of the domineering self
theres millions practicing this now. its been around for thousands of years.
but its exceedingly difficult to do. takes decades of hard work

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Any society needs a governing body, to set up rules,laws and regulations.
Those that rule over others tend to feel above those they rule, a common human trait.
When a ruling body creates a law to protect one groups rights the law tends to supress anothers.
A leader or ruler is just as human as the rest of us, they have wants needs and disires.
As a society , where does the responsiblity of it's members begin and end, also it's governing body ?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
In any and all forms of government; the few rule the many for the benefit of.....the few!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It does seem that it's the corruption regardless of what type of government it may be.

There are many forms of government that have positive qualities to them and many forms that are capable of being successful.

As soon as the corruption takes hold, it's the death sentence for whatever the form is though

...it's a shame...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
No political system will work without an open and transparent government that is accountable to the people for everything that it does.

Any government under any political ideology, as soon as secrets are kept from the people means they also hold us in contempt and that is where we stay.

We currently vote in the worst of the worst because they secure the most donations and spread lies about what they will do for the people and for the country.

Any system can work, as long as the people hold the power over the government, no secrets and no lies and immediate loss of position for any corrupt transgressions.

Also, corporate political donations and campaign funding needs to be a level playing field so everyone has the same funds and chance and one cannot overshadow another because they have more money to sling more mud at the others.

Mickierocksman
edit on 4/7/2012 by Mickierocksman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
may not exactly be a political system-the old style kibbutz
was pretty impressive. considering there were many of
these going at one time- that would account for a lot of people
governed at one time. still running i believe

<<   2 >>

join