It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis are buying nuclear-capable missiles from China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is a very disturbing development if true, and the answer to where they would get the weapons for the missles is answered too, they say Pakistan, it could very well happen, thought it was interesting enough to share with everyone.

Saudis are buying nuclear-capable missiles from China

debkafile’s military sources report that Saudi Arabia has set its feet on the path to a nuclear weapon capability and is negotiating in Beijng the purchase of Chinese nuclear-capable Dong-Fen 21 ((NATO-codenamed CSS-5) ballistic missile.

China, which has agreed to the transaction in principle, would also build a base of operations near Riyadh for the new Saudi purchases.
As we reported last year, Saudi Arabia has struck a deal with Pakistan for the availability on demand of a nuclear warhead from Islamabad’s arsenal for fitting onto a ballistic missile.
Riyadh owns a direct interest in the two most active Middle East issues: Iran and Syria.
Iran’s nuclear weapons program has been advancing for two decades regardless of countless attempts at restraint by every diplomatic tool under the sun and a rising scale of sanctions – to no avail.
Tehran marches on regardless of impediments. In Istanbul, Tuesday, July 3, the six powers and Iran failed the fourth attempt to reach an accommodation on Iran’s nuclear program.
The Syrian ruler Bashar Assad remains equally undeterred by international condemnation. Saturday, June 30, the US and Russia again failed to agree on a joint plan of action in Syria.
Saudi forces have been poised for action in Syria on the Jordanian and Iraqi borders since US Secretary of State Leon Panetta visited Riyadh in late June.

On July 1, they redoubled their military preparedness when the European Union clamped down an oil embargo on Iran. The Saudis, the US Fifth Fleet and the entire Gulf region are since braced for Iranian reprisals which could come in the form of closure by Tehran of the vital Straits of Hormuz to shipping or strikes against the Gulf emirates’ oil exporting facilities.
Tension shot up again when Iran’s Revolutionary Guards launched a three-day missile drill against simulated enemy bases in the region – expanding its threats to include US forces and bases in the region, Israel and Turkey.

www.youtube.com...

debka.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

I dont see a problem. The rest of the world is allowed to have Nukes so why can't Saudi Arabia? Pretty sure that everyone understands the whole "Mutually Assured Destruction" thing. If someone fires a Nuke then so will everyone else.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Jassu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
its easy for iran to forge thru because of americas policies.

if the iranian people suffer, the regime will lay the blame on the american embargo.

it will in effect, unite the iranian people and strengthen their resolve against the people responsible for destroying their economy.

they'll make sacrifices, knowing that once they acquire nuclear capabilities, they'll be untouchable and embargo's will be pointless.

the right thing is to do nothing. let them have nuclear weapons, but make it known that using them first, will likely cause the end of the existence of the iranian people.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
That Saudi's are fine, It's not like they march around threatening people all day.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
That Saudi's are fine, It's not like they march around threatening people all day.

15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were citizens of Saudi Arabia. Nah, they don't threaten us at all.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Mercenaries plain and simple, Saudis are loyal to money.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Mercenaries plain and simple, Saudis are loyal to money.

reply to post by zonetripper2065

Not mercenaries. Fanatics maybe, but mercenaries work for money. Dying isn't profitable. Maybe martyr-ism? Since Saudia Arabians are buying nukes from China what would stop a "Prince" from selling one to the wrong person for large amounts of money? Since they are loyal to money this could mean more "Cha Ching" for them.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Thats the birth place of Whabbi sect. the prime enemy of the west....these guys believe in total jihad....a sort of kill em all and let Allah sort em out thing.....
Saudi Arabia has been a suspect of my own in the" secretly nuclear armed cub" of the world....
In fact they are probably the country most able to afford to walk softly, but carry a big stick......
Saudis are split however into religiously divided lines....and the current leadership is far from the majority
of people.
In fact they could get nukes and have a revolution that would put them into the Shia camp, and thus arm the enemy ....
The missiles, however, are a side line for them because they have fully nucleaar capable F15C fighter bombers in their airforce as well as F16s...
Either one could deliver such a warhead...even a cruise type missile from the fighter would work....

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well this gives me nightmares, the world is going to hell in a handbasket. It wont be long before the Middle East is turned into glass. Threads predicted this. They stated creepily that WW3 was triggered by Russia going into Iran, Americans paratrooped into Iran and hell broke lose. And the nukes went off and eventually triggered a full scale nuclear war. Delightful....NOT.

I think the planet has about a year left if that before we nuke ourselves at this rate. Could even before this year has finished quite frankly. At least I wont have to worry about my job woes and my credit card as I'll be incinerated along with the rest of the human race. I am deeeply ashamed at seeing EVERYONE, all countries at each other's throats right now. The world has just gone mad. We only live to age 120 maximum. Why waste a short life span on war and violence. Why cant we just be allowed to live our lives peacefully. All I want to do is just read a book, write some more books, have fun with my cat and find a job that I enjoy and have a holiday every year!

I had hoped the end of the Cold War was a turning point. But no, sadly not. I would like to apologise to our children and our children's children for leaving them with an irraidiated planet. Thats if there are any surviors of course. Probably the off spring of those who are in deep underground bunkers perhaps.

I am just so very tired of watching humanity fighting each other and over what? Oil? money, greed? What is the point. You cant take it with you when you die, so why fight over something that you cant keep after you die. Crazy, insane and so childish.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I'm just saying out of everyone who has them they scare me the least.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
ok, so they buy the missiles...where are they getting the warheas from is what interests me?

Is China a signatory to the non proliferation treaty?

You'd assume Chinese rockets would be carrying Chinese warheads, if China supplies the warheads then surely ther world should sanction them.

Interesting also as China supports Pakistan, so they are playing both sides here.

All I know is that the Mid east looks like turning to a sheet of glass soon!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Saudi is a US proxy state. Your sources are Debka. Where is the story here?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I'm just saying out of everyone who has them they scare me the least.
Israel has them.

That should scare the Bejeezus outta you.

Look into the Samson Option, now try to sleep.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1947flxible
debka.com...

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I really hate the way my country turns allies into enemies at the drop of a hat. I see no reason why Saudi Arabia could be changed to an axis of evil country overnight. So many Americans would jump on that bandwagon and make them out to be cannibalistic pedophiles right away. You know, they do export oil and we like oil.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

It does worry me, So quick to assume I support Israel? Trust me I despise Israel, I should be a Jew but I don't practice religion anymore.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
ok, so they buy the missiles...where are they getting the warheas from is what interests me?

Is China a signatory to the non proliferation treaty?

You'd assume Chinese rockets would be carrying Chinese warheads, if China supplies the warheads then surely ther world should sanction them.

Interesting also as China supports Pakistan, so they are playing both sides here.

All I know is that the Mid east looks like turning to a sheet of glass soon!

You FAILED to read the article or watch the video in full, it is clearly stated in the vid and article that Pakistan will provide the Warheads.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
youtube the mecca of all knowledge. where any wingnut can post bollocks, next.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jassu
reply to post by 1947flxible

I dont see a problem. The rest of the world is allowed to have Nukes so why can't Saudi Arabia? Pretty sure that everyone understands the whole "Mutually Assured Destruction" thing. If someone fires a Nuke then so will everyone else.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Jassu because: (no reason given)

Its a club. Invitation only. Iran was invited.

People just have a tough time understanding they have a right to protect themselves.

Bullies hate that when people stand up for themselves. They can't make them eat poo then.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
when was iran invited?

new topics

top topics

join