It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Own a Gun? Doctors Can Refuse to Treat You: (right on the heels of ObamaCare...)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Yes, I was asked on a form I filled out on my first visit. Yes, I lied on that form. As far as I'm concerned, their right to "free speech," ends where my right to protection from unlawful search begins. Sure, they can ask, and I have the right to lie (at least for now). Oh, want to nail me for perjury because I signed a knowingly false statement? I seriously doubt that non-notarized form to a doctor is a lawful binding statement. That's why I avoid the doctor though.

Funny how abortion is a "right" because of "privacy," but it's ok if we wake up one day and suddenly every doctor is making everyone fill out the same form I had to fill out, only then it will have to be notarized and it will carry the penalty of law for perjury. When the government controls your healthcare, they can dictate the terms of it to you.
edit on 6-7-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
um

wouldn't it be a better idea to just have the doctors recommend trigger locks and gun safes and them just treat the patient ?

No.

It's none of a doctor's business how I arrange the canned food in my cupboard, either.

Doctors need to stick to doctoring - ain't that what you people pay them for?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by starseedflower
I do not know how the legislation in the different states is in the US, though here in Europe we get the perception that everybody of a certain age in the US can own a gun or buy one and I really doubt this is such good idea, seen the disproportionate firearm deaths and injuries in US compared to the rest of the world.
People suffering from depression should not own guns in first place for very obvious reasons, people on specific medication should not own guns again for obvious reasons.
People can have guns in Europe too you know, but in order to get a permit a citizen must provide a medical evaluation for mental health from an independent physician, which is not always a guarantee, though it does reduce greatly the risk of being killed by somebody who is so insane and that should have never owned a gun in first place.

I'd rather be killed by a hammer too.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Kovenov

I guess healthcare isn't a right after all.

And that, my friends, explains the recent flooding of americans with fake canadian ID's coming up here for treatment.

Dude, I had a serious flatulence problem. We not only need your oil, but help with our gas as well.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by IceHappy
Let me get this right. Doctor will get into a car which kills and/or cripples people inside said car and outside. Although cars kill more than guns I have found researching this question and found stats that in 10 States the stats are that handguns do more harm than cars but cars which use to hold that position is kissing cousin close and will always remain so as car crimes are so over looked as accidents. I was surprised that Jack Klugman did a Quincy MD episode over this which is how years ago I became aware of this. In the Quincy episode A chap hits someone who is causing legal hassles for a client so the lawyer decide to drive over the chap causing the legal headache then drank a pint on whiskey immediately to appear drunk. To be charged with drunk driving accident in those days there was leniency especially to a top grade lawyer! Jack Klugman always did his episodes of Quincy MD on overlooked important issues to bring them to the public attention.This is why MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) became so political to change these laws. So many stats still state that cars are more dangerous than guns but thats not the argument!

My point is handgun in the house is a danger but then how many chances did the doctor take in driving to his clients and then on to the next or back to the office?

My question is why is the issue ONLY over one of the two deadly sins that threatens a doctor on a home visit? BTW have you seen what some of these middle aged doctors drive these days.... sporty, neat, light, carbon fiber, and 0 - to a billion in less than a heart beat and yes I want one but safe hell no then I used to jump out of planes for a living so thats my excuse for not knowing better!? Even your harmless Corvette is only fiberglass body and engine! If doctors were really that scared for their lives to imped everyones Constitutional rights you would think they would carry this safety issue over to the transportation side of that home visit. Therefore to continue in context a doctor should be driven around by a professional driver in nothing less than a tank!

TPTB has stirred the medical profession on this issue for gun control and not for the medical personal protection since this is looking at only half of the dangers of a doctors life when traveling to a sick client.

Sorry Pain pills robbing me of what little grey matter I have left today LOL so pick on the ideas and not the grammar as t I feel strongly about my right to own a gun. One day I may come home to America and I want my guns back - My Brothers please take note LOL,,,,,

You lost me at Jack Klugman......sheesh
edit on 7/6/2012 by Yosemite Sam because: The a needed a t

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
here's the part i think ppl might be missing ... with regards to the implementation of ObeyMeCare (not likely but), the forward progress to electronic record keeping should be the real concern here.

IF you choose to lie to the dr about your gun ownership, how many button pushes do you think it will take to PROVE you lied ??
when all of the "systems" are inter-linked, they have no need to ask, except to gauge your honesty.

and i can only imagine how that information will be used against everyone available.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Good point. This is why I continue to walk backwards away from everything government. I find myself walking faster every year. 2001 makes it almost a sprint.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join