It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Ghost Cities Popping Up in....Africa?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Sure beats living in mud huts...hopefully China has good intentions with this and not something sinister.

I hope you’re right!

I wish China would throw a few of these cities up in Detroit too since they’re feeling so generous!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Sure beats living in mud huts...hopefully China has good intentions with this and not something sinister.

I hope you’re right!

I wish China would throw a few of these cities up in Detroit too since they’re feeling so generous!

I doubt these cities are about Generosity, but more about making some kind of profit.

Africa may look more viable then Detroit
Just kidding, but if your goal is to increase profit margin a first world nation seems to be the wrong environment for exploiting cheap labour
edit on 4-7-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It makes me sad to see all these resources wasted. There is a LOT of energy and resources that go into one of these ghost cities. It takes energy to make the concrete and steel. Trees have to be harvested and processed for the wood products. All of it wasted if no one lives there.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I doubt these cities are about Generosity, but more about making some kind of profit.

I agree….I was humoring THE_PROFESSIONAL. If the Chinese government were generous and compassionate it wouldn’t leave so many of its own people destitute.

Africa may look more viable then Detroit

You may have a point there!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
It makes me sad to see all these resources wasted. There is a LOT of energy and resources that go into one of these ghost cities. It takes energy to make the concrete and steel. Trees have to be harvested and processed for the wood products. All of it wasted if no one lives there.

Nothing is truely wasted until it is rendered into a useless form. Their is future hope that these building will be utilized and facilitate some kind of production in the area for the better of local inhabitants.....and the chinese companies shareholders ofcourse

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Id love to hit that beach with my god finder some night.....
The Cities in Africa are fascinating....I had no idea....
The locals moviing in yet?
I somehow think China is going to send their own over to work the resources or over see the task....
Perhaps its PART OF ANY RESOURCE AGREEMENT THEY MAKE NOW...(THEY DID THIS TO CANADA I THINK...SEND THEIR OWN TO WORK THE OIL SANDS THEY BOUGHT..) This is scarey stuff because they are working many years ahead of other countries all over the world...securing resources with the money they think they have......

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Are these Chinese safe havens in case their mainland were made uninhabital because of a nuclear war?Its fevered goal of procuring resources,rare earth metals.Could they be preparing for post WWIII?
edit on 4-7-2012 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I got to go with the guess that China has something up their sleeve. They are planning ahead for something, and Im sure we all will soon find out. These cities are isolated for a reason.

China building mass cities.
The U.S. government building underground bunkers.

Something is up.....

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
U.N mandated smart cities. Agenda 21.These will come to the States eventually,notice huge shifts in populations?Detriot and other economic disasters,whole cities are being vacated and bulldozed.Then there are the disaster effected area's,where the people that be are making it hard for people to return to their homes.Such as area's hit by Katrina and now the wildfires.Folks are being herded.There was some summit just this week with a U.N official pushing smart cities by 2015.Because us worthless eater's are unsustainable.Futures so bright I gotta wear shades.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Looks like China is taking the SimCity franchise to the next level

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

LOL that's exactly what I thought when I saw those pictures.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I have a feeling (oh boy) when SHTF for the West, Africa will finally blossom. Think about it, if anything happens in the developed part of the world, where would the rich go to? What part of the world is open for a fresh start?

Perhaps it's pretty far out there, but if the Chinese elite want to continue living in luxury I guess they will need to take certain people with them, people that need housing and infrastructure that needs to be in place for when the time comes... Or maybe it's not just the Chinese that are involved, I don't know.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Weird like a fox.

It must just be me who doesn't understand this comment. lol.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
army barracks in disguise? Maybe there is a far more intelligent way to take over a country than declaring war outright. Get everything you need in there first, rather like the Trojan horse.

Or possibly just a back up place to go in case of nuclear warfare or asteroid impacts devastating china. Extreme climate change occurring?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
U.N mandated smart cities. Agenda 21.These will come to the States eventually,notice huge shifts in populations?Detriot and other economic disasters,whole cities are being vacated and bulldozed.Then there are the disaster effected area's,where the people that be are making it hard for people to return to their homes.Such as area's hit by Katrina and now the wildfires.Folks are being herded.There was some summit just this week with a U.N official pushing smart cities by 2015.Because us worthless eater's are unsustainable.Futures so bright I gotta wear shades.

My understand is that the 'smart cities' are designed to accommodate large numbers of people populating urban areas. However, these places are going up in the middle of desserts not in urban areas. Typically people show up and urban areas develop out of necessity. In this case China is creating the urban area without the people; back asswards. 

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
not sure when china's general publicly admitted they need to expand for population growth.... war ghost cities..... this is so close we will never see it or forgive ourselves.... its a coming and you all only care about the new phone app and sports.... us others will do what Americans have always done..... win and kick them out of here for good...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

My understand is that the 'smart cities' are designed to accommodate large numbers of people populating urban areas. However, these places are going up in the middle of desserts not in urban areas. Typically people show up and urban areas develop out of necessity. In this case China is creating the urban area without the people; back asswards. 

Yes but if you look at the American Agenda 21 map,you will notice that many of the now established urban centers are gone,coloured red as exclusion zones.That 90% of America.Returned to nature they say.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mrballistic

well then maybe it is time to worry.
They are building one around Boise Idaho as we speak

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Agenda 21 has no doubt already decided which areas will be designated as "living areas". People will have no choice. The end of the Age is nigh.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
Maybe they know something we dont know.

Pole shift

Exactly what I had in mind, this should be considered a high speculative conspiracy I think.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join