It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Ghost Cities Popping Up in....Africa?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by djmarcone

They aren't empty. They are inhabited by people slightly out of phase with our reality who are victims of failed Chinese time travel experiments.

So the ghost cities are inhabited by 'ghost people'? Would people out of phase with our reality really need a place to sleep or go to school within our reality? If I was 'out of phase' I'd certainly quit school.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mrballistic

They are building them in America and they have been for a long time but, now the building of "self sustained communist cities" in America are in high gear and the gov knows and most state gov approves.

Chinese cities all over the USA

Ya know I had to look at first, before writing this, at the date thinking from your statement that this was old because that link is over a year old.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Now that I read this and research this topic, my dream comes back to mind and it is making me very nervous. very very nervous.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by seabag

I'll admit that I read the first 6 or 7 pages then skipped ahead so someone may have already mentioned this,but what do the two areas these cities are built in have in common?

I guess geologically speaking, are there any similarities between this location in Africa and the "ghost cities" they already built in China. I don't buy that this is just for no reason, or because they are stupid. This seems an aweful lot like long-term planning.

A less sinister thought is all of the small islandf nations that are slowly being flooded by rising sea water- I know there have been a lot of projections about how many people are going to be displaced by climate change- itd be nice to have an already built city in the middle of nowhere ready to bne moved into....

That also seems too obvious lol this smellllllssss of conspiracy from a mile away lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

Now that I read this and research this topic, my dream comes back to mind and it is making me very nervous. very very nervous.

You dreamt of Chinese ghost cities in Africa?? That IS strange.

Care to share?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by scottlpool2003

China have been buying up African land for a long time. Britain used to when they colonized over there for the purpose of mines. The mines dried up, Britain moved out and now China see it as a great asset as it is full of natural resources that have not been procured. I saw a documentary on it a while back, I forget what it was called though.

The claims were something along the line of China are going over to Africa, and in return for them building things like these cities, they are employing Africans in poorer regions.

As another poster said, it's a perfect way to claim the land for themselves.

Ahhh…well that makes sense.

Although aside from China, I’ve never seen anyone build an entire city at a single time. From a development standpoint, typically you’d have people on lease ready to move in before you even break ground. The buildings in China have been there for years and still no residents or tenants. That's billions spent in advance with no money coming in....just seems odd. Maybe they just have money to burn.

Precisely.. aside from China... it was China who built them??

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Precisely.. aside from China... it was China who built them??

Uhhhh…..I know, I wrote the thread!

What I mean is there is no precedent for that kind of risk in development. Usually the builder wants some security before laying down BILLIONS (pre-sale or pre-lease ready to move in)!

China might be crazy enough to do it though.

edit on 7-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I just came across a thread that was talking about a dam in China which reminded of another thread I had read here on ATS about Three Gorges dam. I haven't looked for it yet, but in that thread their was some mention of the ghost cities ready if the dam failed.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No, I dreamed of a Chinese invasion here in the US. Might explain why they are building all those cities here in the US.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

China did this to prop up their building of new homes/buildings, to inflate their growth.

Plausible?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

China did this to prop up their building of new homes/buildings, to inflate their growth.

Plausible?

Well, I mentioned that in the OP and quoted a business teacher from Beijing who said just that.

My problem with that is this – how does that reflect positively for growth when its in another country? The teacher was referring to Chinese mayors; those are the guys who are under the gun (literally). How does a maor show growth in his city by building in AFRICA?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

How does a mayor show growth in his city by building in AFRICA?

Got me brother.

As I quote the great Sam Kinison- " NOTHING GROWS HERE !!! MOVE TO WHERE THE FOOD IS !! "

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Could these cities be used for military training missions? And to rent out to allies to train in?
I was just noticing SOFEX has a facility for that, and seems to be drawing a lot of money.
Of course these are a lot bigger.

Maybe they just want to keep their people busy and then when things get better they'll make a lot.
dunno. Interesting tho.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

***UPDATE***One article from the BBC says they were built as part of a post-war construction project to house African citizens. Apparently these residences are FOR SALE right now yet very few people have purchased one. I guess they should have done a little better researching the area’s demographics before beginning construction!

The jewel in Angola's post-war reconstruction crown, Kilamba is the star of glossy government promotional videos which show smiling families enjoying a new style of living away from the dust and confusion of central Luanda where millions live in sprawling slums.

But the people in these films are only actors, and despite all the hype, nearly a year since the first batch of 2,800 apartments went on sale, only 220 have been sold.
link

If this is true then there is not a lot of mystery here...just a bone-headed idea.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
As I look at the pics, and being involved in the building trades, I can't help but think of the amount of materials and labor it cost to construct this "ghost town".
Where did all the materials come from? I mean.....it's a city in the middle of the dessert. Somehow all the construction materials and equipment had to get there. From where? Is the African Governments supplying materials, or is the Chinese Govt shipping all involved materials.
I know it's a small question, but it may hold some answers.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
China could be building the infrastructure to start fracking/LNG in Angola.

The link to the reservoir liners and water tanks, the first thing that popped into my mind were "frack ponds".

Some links

Angola builds Africa's first..
China embraces fracking..

edit on 8-7-2012 by johnnysixguns because: elaborated

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnysixguns

Good call. We all know Africa has mass amounts of untapped oil and resources, and China needs them. Makes me wonder if this is part of some trade deal with Africa. China needs resources and Africa needs money and infrastructure.
Or maybe just maybe, when China and Russia take on the world these will support there efforts.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 8-7-2012 by highfreq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
actually based on the news ive read somewhere tht some of those ghost cities in china are actually being filled

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

well actually based on some news articles i have read it says some of china's ghost cities are actually being filled with people

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Meekbot2000

maybe they believe that a pole shift would result in china becoming inhabitable?

Then why did they spend billions on ‘ghost cities’ in China?

They even have giant structures that can be seen from outer space.

well some of those ghost cities in china are actually being inhabited based on news sources

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join