It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Report Lists ‘Liberty Lovers’ As Terrorists

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
They might as well go the full Monty and say all Americans are terrorist suspects.

I honestly believe that's the point of these so-called "studies" that our tax money is wasted on (ironic, huh?).

DHS now has in place everything they need to pick up anyone they want in the middle of the night for no real reason whatsoever, and make them disappear indefinitely. Sounds way too Germany 1939ish for my taste. Wait, who are the terrorists again?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"Poets, priests, and politicians
Have words to thank for their positions
Words that scream for your submission
No one's jamming their transmission"

Lyrics by Sting From The Police "De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da"

Clearly, any form of philosophical insight voiced in America is now terrorism

Extreme paranoia leads to extreme fear in weak minded people

It's a shame that the orchestrators of this TSA mess hide behind the scenes while they let their fear-ridden, poorly trained minions perform what they feel is justified to achieve a false sense of control.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I figured this report will come out sooner or later about the sheeple minded people in this country.
The things the sheeple people say and do...is so funny !

Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Submarines
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Would love to hear what our Founding Fathers would say about where we have ended up.

I'd bet they'd be disgusted and call us cowards for letting all this transpire. Maybe they'd challenge CONgress to duels

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My favorite is "reverent of individual liberty". Thats freedom right. So you believe in freedom you are a terrorist.
Nice. I really wonder if they take themselves seriously or are laughing their asses off when they do this.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
"Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority"

Correct me if I'm wrong but some of these are beliefs the original United States was founded on?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."~Thomas Jefferson

Our elected "Representatives" have perverted everything that we stand for and all of our founding principles and they have slowly done it and disguised it all in the name of safety and betterment of society. We elect men and women and send them to the state capitols and DC to do our will and serve us. Instead they go to their offices and pass legislation that do nothing but infringe upon our freedoms and give government more power. Instead of seeing us as their bosses they look upon us with contempt and hatred and do all they can to limit our power and destroy our sovereignty.

"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories."~Thomas Jefferson

This totally explains why we are now losing our liberties. Instead of providing for ourselves and securing our own futures, we look for government to protect us, provide for us, and support us. We have, in order to have the "entitlements" that we expect, handed over complete power over every aspect of our lives to government. We have allowed them to rule over us instead of us ruling over the government. We have created our own prison and freely hand over the keys to our cell to corrupt, power hungry, elitists. And we continue to reelect the same tyrants every election year.

"Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" ~ Patrick Henry

For anyone whom thinks that the constant intrusion into our personal lives by the government, as well as the slow and steady infringement of our rights by the government is okay, remember that those rights which the government seeks to limit and revoke were not granted to us by the government and therefore the government has nit the power or authority to regulate or limit those rights in any way and to do so is the definition of tyranny.

As was stated in the preamble to our Declaration of Independence and our U.S. Constitution, we are endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights. Only our creator may revoke these rights, and depending upon your personal spiritual beliefs that creator may be God, Allah, The Great Creator, Mother Earth, or any number of deities, but that creator is never and will never be government.

These rights include life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness and all of the rights that are guaranteed under our Bill of Rights since those rights are imperative to the securing of life, liberty, and happiness.

The role of government is to secure those rights, not to take away or restrict those rights in anyway. When any government decides that it is the duty of that government to infringe any of our God given, unalienable rights that government has outlived its usefullness and must be thrown off and replaced with a government that will strive to secure and protect the rights of the individual.

236 years ago our founding fathers were faced with an oppressive government that sought to infringe upon their God given, unalienable rights and were forced, in order to secure their future and the future of generations to come, to throw off that government and start anew. We now find ourselves facing the same hardships, oppression, and tyranny as our founders did, the question is, will we have the fortitude to do what is right nit only for ourselves but for our children and our children's children, and throw off this tyrannical government in order to secure the future of generations to come.

If our generation cannot bring ourselves to stand for our rights and liberties then the sacrifices of all whom came before us will have been in vain.

Ask yourselves this, do you want the government to be your creator and ruler or do you want to be the creator and ruler of government?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat
it amazes me how willing you guys are to believe something that isn't even true.
no one is on the list for loving liberty or supporting their country, or criticizing the government or feeling like their way of life is being threatened.
no, it is all those things coupled with paranoia, willingness to shoot people for twitching and a penchant for joining paramilitary groups.
do you really think the government spewing about how great america is, how we are the greatest place on earth, would go after people who agree with them? all 300 million of us?

get real people! do you really think the government is really that dumb? oh right i guess some of you do, but i don't think people like that really think about what they are saying.
if the government deemed patriotism and love of democracy, as being a threat to the country, why in the world would we have one of the biggest holidays celebrating it? or have people promoting voting? wouldn't we all be shot for criticizing this stuff?
THINK, use that brain, check the sources, sheesh as cliche as it is, deny ignorance. honestly if you believe this fearmongering tripe, you are just accepting ignorance.

the only people that should be concerned are people plotting or thinking about armed rebellion and i'd be more worried about a swarm of drones that if i was on a list of being a possible terrorist.

I suggest you hope over to the photo section in ATS and look in my collection (IceHappy) for my plane ticket that shows 4 sets of SSSS on it. You will see one set of SSSS has a hole punched through it showing I received the best hospitality my country can bestow on one of their heroes or at least that is what it says on my "V" Device medals! Then I suggest you read Naomi Wolf "The End of America" where she will tell in a 1/3 way into the book what those SSSS mean. She will tell you about how some reporters who report the truth have the same "SSSS" that I have. Now the proper question is how did I qualify for them? Hmmmm I served 6 years in the US Army with TWO Honourable Discharges. 1970 -76 I qualified for Project Transition but because the war was over in '75 they pulled that program. I was really looking forward to it. When I was discharged I had tons of problems collecting GI Benefits and found all Vets were having the same problem. In my Uni years one by one benefits started being pulled or changed. I told this story too many times but in ATS so will briefly say I ended up at the VA hospital for a broken leg 2 months after discharge. They wanted me in for 4 days for the bone to set. When they removed the cast to place a walking cast on so I could go home we all found my left foot was rotten. They wrapped the cast too tight on a contusion that gave it no air to breathe. 59 days later and two operations they safed my foot, remember I only had a bruise on it and a broken leg! The story is more painful but I will leave it there. Angry my only choice was to sue or protest. I joined "The Viet Nam Vets Against the War" and of course no one listen so there is now "Iraqi Vets Against the War"! I protested heavily for 6 years one for each year served. I left USA in '84 being totally fed up with how Veteran were treated. Never been arrested never been in trouble. After Uni I received a District Mgr in outside sales for a New York Blue Chip Company. I quit that job to move away from the States. Each trip back has been uneventful except for the 3 hours worth of attention at the airport (each direction) which each one of us SSSS suffer each trip. I have suit cases broken into so I don't lock em anymore as every time I fly there is a note inside my hold baggages stating it was searched and yes I have stuff that has gone missing. I now painful have my wife video me as I pack my bags as a record what I travel with now. Not Paranoid Just a Crappy Uncle that is pissed off at me for being upset that when he cheated me and other vets out of our promised benefits we actually complained and was filmed by the press for the 1800hrs news.

That is called the No Fly List. Now you have learned your first list is alive and working against Proud Americans who speak out peacefully! That ticket is in my photos here on ATS that should be proof enough for you......

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

The report takes its definitions from a 2011 study entitled Profiles of Perpetrators of Terrorism, produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, in which the following characteristics are used to identify terrorists.

- Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;

- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;

- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);

- Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority”;

- Americans who are “reverent of individual liberty”;

- People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”

This Clearly goes against Everything The Republic stands for, Everything our men fought for, Everything Freedom stands for...

These are direct violations against the U.S Constitution by Homeland Security - The Largest Government Terrorists Organization in America.

Homeland Security you are committing Treason!

Homeland Security, I'm calling you OUT. When the Revolution hits and we restore We The Peoples Republic you will be the first rounded up and executed by the firing squads. Traitors to the U.S Constitution All of you !!

People wake up! This isn't academic anymore, this is Real. The USA has been taken over by hostile forces within.

If you work for the Homeland Security Open your Eyes and see the handwriting on the wall. Quit your jobs NOW !!!

Hey Homeland Security.. UP YOURS ! Here's a little something for you THUGS to choke on:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

The Declaration of Independence

edit on 5-7-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I only met two out of six checkpoints. Guess I'm not a terrorist. How disappointing.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
People REPOST about this subject on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube Everywhere! We need to make this go Viral in a BIG way. The American people need to know of this and not all of them will find it on ATS.

I posted this to facebook:

Homeland Security - Traitors to the USA - Forward this to Everyone! - The report takes its definitions from a 2011 study entitled Profiles of Perpetrators of Terrorism, in which the following characteristics are used to identify terrorists.
- Americans who are “fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”;
- People who consider themselves “anti-global” (presumably those who are wary of the loss of American sovereignty);
- People who “believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty.”
Homeland Security ARE The Terrorists and Traitors themselves!
www.infowars.com...
start.umd.edu...

Homeland Security is calling all of us Freedom loving Americans Terrorists for believing in the sovereignty and liberty this Republic stands for. America has been taken over from within by hostile forces calling themselves Homeland Security. We need Revolution NOW.

" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." The Declaration of Independence

Do your part - REPOST ! Get this in the mainstream media ! If we don't get the word out Peace loving Americans everywhere will have no way to defend against this tyranny !

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
But can it save the still collapsing global economy?

Priorities.......?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

They would say. "Our plans are finaly coming to fruition". Just Kidding Probably not. But I've been reading up on a whole bunch of stuff and watching pretty controvercial documentaries lately about the founding fathers and the revolutionarie war....pretty weird stuff. So "Our plans are finaly coming to fruition" might not be too far off base.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Floydshayvious
But can it save the still collapsing global economy?

Priorities.......?

I don't give a rats azz about the global economy. First line of defense is protecting the freedoms of Americans at home. If Americans lose their freedoms by being taken over from within by a fascists or kleptocratic regime, the global economy wont have any meaning (for Americans). We can always once getting rid of the FED rebuild our system of currency.

We really do Need the global economy to collapse to take the power of global money control out of the hands of TP'sTB and put each nations control of it's moneies back into the hands of it's peoples. This is the problem. Too many countries banked on a money system that is backfireing in the peoples faces because of the greed of it's fascists industries and corrupt government officials.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Okay. I'll bite.

Who's going to do that - rebuild the world?

You? You and your [insert number of] friends after you've wresteled control of the worlds money supply back from the cold scaled hands of malicious lizards? That would be awesome - that would be very awesome and I would help you.

You know what? I give a rats ass about the economy. I care about the fact that the global economy is collapsing because it's plunging billions into despair - innocent people of all countries - all because of the non-action and non-caring of the PUBLIC and the diliberate actions of some invisible PTB. You MAY care when you have no food - no water - and ZERO cooperation because everyone else who doesnt care has gone bat # crazy wondering why and where it all went wrong.

It went wrong with not giving a rats ass for too long - from me, you, and everyone else who just wants to watch it all burn.

/IMO
edit on 5-7-2012 by Floydshayvious because: spellz

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

i think the forefathers knew they would be considered terrorists and they also knew that if they lost they would die horrible deaths and lose everything.

i guess that's why all involved with them needed to be convinced that they were not acting upon lite and transient causes...

i've read a couple of threads here and there and articles and other things and from what I see from the people calling Obamacare slavery and suggesting armed rebellion...this is far past the border of obnoxious extremism; part of me thinks the person that writes these things couldn't possibly be serious.

the unwillingness to control oneself is always going to lead to someone else do that job for you.

if people cannot accept what will be said concerning their actions, trying to be the government isn't the right line of work for you, for even if liberty lovers succeed...they are just the next in line to be the tyrant that is either run out of town on a rail or worse yet, the person overseeing the massacre and/or imprisonment of their people.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

I figured this report will come out sooner or later about the sheeple minded people in this country.
The things the sheeple people say and do...is so funny !

Americans who believe their “way of life” is under attack;

Tizz too funny...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Floydshayvious
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Okay. I'll bite.

Who's going to do that - rebuild the world?

You? You and your [insert number of] friends after you've wresteled control of the worlds money supply back from the cold scaled hands of malicious lizards? That would be awesome - that would be very awesome and I would help you.

You know what? I give a rats ass about the economy. I care about the fact that the global economy is collapsing because it's plunging billions into despair - innocent people of all countries - all because of the non-action and non-caring of the PUBLIC and the diliberate actions of some invisible PTB. You MAY care when you have no food - no water - and ZERO cooperation because everyone else who doesnt care has gone bat # crazy wondering why and where it all went wrong.

It went wrong with not giving a rats ass for too long - from me, you, and everyone else who just wants to watch it all burn.

/IMO

Why count on a global economy to give you hope, give you food, give you water, give you cooperation ? The problem with globalism is when it goes bad your reliant on someone to fix the problems because you cannot fix them for yourself. You are trading your freedom and sovereignty to become a slave to a new Master

So people are getting hurt by a collapsing global economy as you say.. (I dont believe that's the source for anyone's suffering, but if true ) so what.. the global economy is then the very problem that's causing the suffering - they took a risk and knew they could end up on the short end of the stick.. People need to learn not to rely on it and and rely instead on their local economy. Only large industry and global corporations rely on global economic conditions. Let them fail. They don't govern The People, they don't feed the people or clothe or educate or cause the people to thrive. They are only out for the corporate interest.

We don't need a melting pot of globalism to give people of any nation it's freedoms, liberties or wealth. The people can do that on their own.

Btw the powers that be I speak of are not invisible. Those are the politicians who's stance on issues and voting records are public cannon fodder. We know who the enemy is in the USA, we elected them. They are not being true to representing We The People but are playing games with the other global leaders behind our backs to tear us down and wrest individual power liberty and sovereignty away from us. See, they want us under their thumb.. not able to as individual nations produce the things it's peoples need to thrive on their own. Globalism is Evil because there is no checks and balances to free the people when globalism goes wrong.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It's not exactly a news flash that extremists are listed as possible terrorists. I read the 37 page report, it included a bunch of extremist groups, and rightfully so. I really don't see the issue. It identifies a variety of groups that hit that extremist mentality which can and do end up engaging in acts of terrorism. I don't see the problem here at all.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
It's not exactly a news flash that extremists are listed as possible terrorists. I read the 37 page report, it included a bunch of extremist groups, and rightfully so. I really don't see the issue. It identifies a variety of groups that hit that extremist mentality which can and do end up engaging in acts of terrorism. I don't see the problem here at all.

Do you call a belief in these things extreme?

??? - Are you saying this is Not what parts of that report are claiming? I didn't read the whole thing.. you did so are these things in there or not?

If so, yes, I can see someone who believes these things can take it to the extreme but 1) that's not the norm and 2) anyone can take any ideology to an extreme. The Bill of Rights protects Americans rights to own guns to use for the legal overthrow of the US Government when it becomes tyrannical. How then can someone who believes these things above be a terrorist when they are simply acting on the principles this nation was founded under?

Lets say 100 thousand of us take our guns and storm the capitol building and white house and occupy it for the purpose of reestablishing The Republic - How is that terrorism? It's Not. It's our right and legal duty according to the US Constitution.

That's not being an extremist, That's being a good steward of The Constitution, Our freedoms, Our Liberties and The Principles this nation was founded on. You cannot claim that simply following the Constitution makes one a terrorist simply because you want to keep your group in power.

To deny us this right is treason. It looks like that's what Homeland Security is trying to do, commit treason by denying us our constitutional rights.

edit on 5-7-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join