It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruise missile testing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
When defense contractors conduct their missile testing, what facilitiy are their testing these GPS guided cruise missiles like the one from this video?
www.youtube.com...

My guess is the TTR or near TNX base.
But some of the video shots have high mountains in the background and TTR range area is much flatter.

Does anyone perhaps know which area?

Thx.

edit on 4-7Jul-122012 by darpa999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
A lot of that footage looked like the Utah Test and Training Range (UTTR). Some of it could have also been the Nevada Test and Training Range. Those are the areas where they usually test the live explosives.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I checked those areas on Google Earth, and still looks much flatter with less mountain ranges than that is shown in the video.

37.498889 -116.617222 NTTR
40.494167 -113.636667 UTTR

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It might be White Sands Missile Base in NM. We use these cruise missiles to kill a few farmers resisting invasion. They cost millions but it beats getting up off the sofa and grabbing a gun. Somebody else pays for them. The military industrial complex loves them, they are a money maker.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
at around 4:21 in the film the mountain ranges look like Nevada. I know that most if Nevada is a testing range.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I wish I can find out those "dummy" targets coordinates on Google Earth.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
They also launch cruise missiles from China Lake. I found this newspaper article, and fortunately not in the banned newspaper:
www.lasvegassun.com...

Ms. Partusch, public information officer for the cruise missile program executive office in Patuxment River, Md., disagreed with that. She said most of the shots would go from San Nicholas Island off the Southern California coast, to the China Lake Naval Weapons Center in the Mojave Desert north of Barstow.

I should point out I have been told the missiles go the other direction, that is from China Lake to San Nicolas Island. Of course, the PIO should know better.

I ran into a helicopter pilot years ago that used to "catch" cruise missiles in a net at the UTTR. He said he landed at Groom Lake twice, one in the military, and once as a contractor. Reality, who knows.

If you hear of a test and can find the NOTAM, we might be able to get more accurate answers.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have this on my TTR "odds and ends" page:

A view of a Tomahawk missile being launched from one of the eight armored box launchers aboard the battleship USS NEW JERSEY(BB-62) while underway off the coast of Southern California. The missile will travel approximately 500 miles to its target at the Tonopah Test Range, NV. Photographer's Name: Unknown Location: USS NEW JERSEY (BB-62) Date Shot: 5/10/1983 Date Posted: unknown VIRIN: DN-SC-83-08075

from
www.lazygranch.com...

Incidentally, there have been two missile fubars at Tonopah, at least documented fubars. I don't have them on my website, but a bit of googling should find them. One was a missile that ended up off the range near Goldfield IIRC. The other is a missile they lost to the northeast of the range and never recovered.

If you never visited Central Nevada, trust me, you could launch a missile, lose it, and nobody would notice. Not being able to find it isn't surprising either. There are countless nooks and crannies in the hills.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I stumbled on this site and it has photos of various testing aircraft and missile drops.
www.thenorthspin.com...

On every photo thumbnail, it has the locations of each testing pictures.

edit on 5-7Jul-122012 by darpa999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Wow, this is the only real top secret discussion going on this whole website. It must be a plant. A come on to see who gives up secret locations. I really doubt there is a missing cruise missile up in those hills. Going around artillery ranges poking metallic things is not a good idea, for those of you wanting a thrill. It would be so cool to have my very own cruise missile, I would use it as a coffee table for awhile then sell it to some gangster.

top topics

join