It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Women in China are found to be immune to AIDS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Well I was going to write up an ATSNN story about this one but since I don't really have the time right now I though I'd post it here.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

SHENZHEN: Two women have been identified as carrying a mutant gene that is immune to HIV/AIDS, the first such cases uncovered in China, a researcher said.

The finding is the joint effort of a research programme, "Association of Human Genetic Polymorphisms with HIV Affections," jointly conducted by the University of Washington in the US State of Washington and local Infectious Disease Hospitals and medical institutions in Guangdong Province.

Tuofu Zhu, associate professor of University of Washington and associate director of the Clinical Core at the Centre for AIDS Research (CFAR), introduced the programme to China a year ago as a part of his global research in nations in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia.

"Before, such mutant genes were only found in Caucasians. The finding has encouraged us to do further research in China, with the aim of developing medicines to prevent and cure HIV/AIDS for different races,"said Zhu.

This is reeking of either a Major Breakthrough or a Major false flag. I really hope it's the former because one of my friends was just diagnosed with AIDS, and he's comtemplating commiting suicide. Now I don't normally condone such a cowardly act but before I heard about this I couldn't really come up with a reason why he shouldn't(and i've been racking by brain even since I found out). Now I can give him some hope(and I really hope its not a false hope) because I wan't him to live. He doesn't deserve this, noone really deserves this fate.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Sorry to ruin your story, but there is already an ATS-thread on this...

Two women found with HIV-immune gene in China

new topics

join