It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If they rig football coverage like this, think what they do to the news...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

UEFA under fire for faking ‘crying fan’ footage

European football's governing body UEFA has sparked outrage after it emerged that they manipulated footage of fans during the Euro 2012 semi-finals.

People across the world were touched when cameras zoomed in on a German fan in the crowd crying after Mario Balotelli put Italy two goals ahead in the first half of their match last week.

ESPN commentator Adrian Healey even referred to the woman as he covered the game for American TV, saying it was "too early for tears" since there was the best part of an hour left in which the sparky Germans could fight their way back into the match.

There was just one problem: the woman - a fan from Dusseldorf called Andrea - hadn't started crying at all, and was stunned to receive text messages from friends back home asking why she was blubbing with so much football left to play.

It turns out that Andrea had actually been overcome by emotion during the singing of the German national anthem before the match. The footage was recorded, then cut into the live feed sent to broadcasters around the world after the Italians went 2-0 up.

It turns out that it was not the only instance of UEFA pulling such a stunt: they also broadcast footage of Germany coach Joachim Loew jokingly pinching a ball from a ball boy during the group stage match against the Netherlands. It turned out that Loew wasn't relaxed and having fun during a key match against arch-rivals, but merely joshing with him during the pre-match warm-up.

Broadcasters claim to have been oblivious to what was going on, with German TV stations in particular furious with the way the pictures had been manipulated.

"We clearly told UEFA that the German public expects coverage to be live when it says it's live. Live is live and has to stay live," said ARD's Joerg Schoenenborn. "Any form of censorship or manipulation is not acceptable."
UEFA later issued a statement to the Associated Press in which, like a surly teenager, it mixed an unconvincing explanation with a half-hearted apology. The organisation claims it was trying to show "the human story of the game... to translate the emotion and tension of German fans", but had now issued instructions "not to use these reactions again directly in a chain of replays of live action, to avoid any misleading understanding".

SOURCE

The video is at the link.

I appreciate it's not something so incredibly wrong and they just wanted to create a bit of emotion, but it made me think that if UEFA are willing to rig something into "live" TV like this, and it's concerning something as relatively trivial as sport, we can only imagine what more powerful agencies must do to the news.

I was always quite skeptical of the idea that false footage is shown on live news, but recent reports have proved this to be genuine and things like this just add to the fire.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Wild story, what a farce.

This is off semi-off-topic, but I know some pro athletes very well. And when I read about them or their exploits I know for a fact much of it is utter bs. So within my group of friends, this is how I relate the propraganda of the msm to them and they get it.

Take something you know very well, anything. Listen to how the msm portrays it. It will likely be very different than what you know of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
yes thank you for bringing this out ....

this has been happening forever now .... Im just wondering if in the advent of TV .. they reserved it just for the big events .. like Kubricks made for TV moon special ... Apollo... or has even the little stories been manipulated and doctored the whole time....

either way ... theres a current thread on how we have always been lied to ... and overt messaging in movies such as the Truman Show and the movies' message and implications ..dovetails nicely...

Lies ... everywhere we look ... then I start thinking about what they could do to sports with that device that can put voices in peoples heads ..without anyone else hearing...

I mean ... Tiger could line up for a putt ...and they could point that thing at him .....

technology ... we make it easy and fun to manipulate and profit ......

btw ...many may be familiar ... but the site www.septemberclues.info ..goes into media manipulation like this in depth ... on many topics besides just nein elephant

if you cannot see now that that damn tube ..lets add newspapers ..magazines ..movies ... talk radio ....is nothing but a matadors cape ... my neck hurts as another sabre goes in ....

oh man who knows if what we post really ever makes it to the eyes of another slave.....

edit on 4-7-2012 by sayiamu because: added

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Daily Rag.
Firemen rescue a pensioner from blazing smoke filled flat.
On the front page there was a picture of a fireman carrying an old lady.

That news paper story was about my mother. A neighbour had phoned the fire brigade because she could smell something burning. On investigation they found my mother quietly snoozing in her chair while her saucpan containing a boiled egg had boiled dry.
No blazing smoke filled flat, no pensioner rescued in the arms of a firemen, just a whole load of BS

I am always amazed by people who are surprised that television lies to them, it's what it was designed for. It why they call the programmes....programmes...to program the people.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
The Daily Rag.
Firemen rescue a pensioner from blazing smoke filled flat.
On the front page there was a picture of a fireman carrying an old lady.

That news paper story was about my mother. A neighbour had phoned the fire brigade because she could smell something burning. On investigation they found my mother quietly snoozing in her chair while her saucpan containing a boiled egg had boiled dry.
No blazing smoke filled flat, no pensioner rescued in the arms of a firemen, just a whole load of BS

I am always amazed by people who are surprised that television lies to them, it's what it was designed for. It why they call the programmes....programmes...to program the people.

LMAO - that is rich.

when there is no story - create one.

they can't deal with irrelevance can they? thats how you truly know they are egomaniacal whores.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
In my honest opinion........................ anything you can bet on is a fix. Especially football... I mean £120,000 per week to kick a ball into a net THAT big? Surgeons on £80,000 a year put a needle into a hole that requires a magniscope.. WTF for nearly £20k/day I would NEVER miss a goal that big ffs that's what they're paid for.... The equivelant wage pays 2 Doctors who save lives... pays 6 soldiers to save the country yet a footballer who probably dodges tax by getting his wages paid to a 3rd party company can't put a 20" ball into a 300" net yet a doctor has to put a 0.0003" needle into a 0.0010" hole go figure.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I completely agree with your statement regarding how this sort of incident just adds to the belief that thigs such as "live" reports and news stories are staged and/or faked. With technology comes along the ability to change and manipulate just about anything. That is the reason I no longer watch any news statement. Look at incidents such as the Apollo missions or 9/11 for example. They amount of faked information, clips, pictures, documents, etc. is absolutely breath-taking. Like David Icke once said, "One you convince the people that what they are seeing is all there is to see, you've got them." People believe the media is there for them, and so when they change stories or twist things whichever way they want people to perceive them, not many people are able to pick up on it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lives
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Wild story, what a farce.

This is off semi-off-topic, but I know some pro athletes very well. And when I read about them or their exploits I know for a fact much of it is utter bs. So within my group of friends, this is how I relate the propraganda of the msm to them and they get it.

Take something you know very well, anything. Listen to how the msm portrays it. It will likely be very different than what you know of it.

This is a great way to explain to people I've never thought of it like that.

top topics

join