Why do liberals and progressives "hate" America and its symbols?

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I hear many people say that liberals/progressives/Democrats "hate" America. I think that is too strong a word. It think the more accurate phrase should be they dislike they founding principals and find them to be embarrassing.

If they think it is so horrible, why not immigrate to the countries they think are the examples of what we should be?

I would like to hear from people as to why. Even today Chris Rock said this was a holiday only for white people, how awful, it shows his contempt for his country.

I'll be out all day celebrating the 4th of July.

I hope you all have fun with this!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
It think the more accurate phrase should be they dislike they founding principals and find them to be embarrassing.

Also bogus. People of a "liberal" philosophy are appalled and embarrased at the way the US government has been behaving for decades... military intrusion into foreign countries on the behalf of corporations, embracing torture, flagrant corruption in Congress, the Tea Baggers, etc.

Liberals love this country as much as Conservatives. They just don't like how the representatives of this country behave.

It's not really that difficult to understand, really.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Sorry but this seems like nothing more than a post designed to start a bunch of partisan fighting (which will lead to many T&C violations). The fact that you, the OP, are even pointing out that you are basically posting this and then running off to July 4th celebrations makes it even more sketchy. Making a possibly inflammatory post like this and then running off to avoid the fallout?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
I hear many people say that liberals/progressives/Democrats "hate" America.

Yes, the people who are saying that are the conservative/regressive/Republicans.
Liberals don't hate America.

It think the more accurate phrase should be they dislike they founding principals and find them to be embarrassing.

Oh, yeah, I hear liberals all the time ragging on equality, rights of all, privacy, and the other founding principles of this country like freedom, generosity, service to others, and equal treatment under the law... (That's sarcasm, right there)

I'll be out all day celebrating the 4th of July.

But you just wanted to stop in and insult half the country before you do, huh?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

We don't hate America and it's symbols! I would wager to say that liberals love this country as much, if not more, than our radical right-winged, bible thumping, conservative counterparts. We just happen to be sick at what greedy conservatives are doing to our economy, our environment and our standard of living.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
That's not a loaded political baiting question or anything now is it?

To state that all liberals and progressives hate america and it's symbols is really ridiculous and just goes to show the level of diatribe that exists between the left and the right, when in reality, the peple you hired to govern you work for the same people.

Don't be fooled by left or right.

Also don't blanket statement entire groups of people, because everytime you do that, you're wrong.

~Tenth
edit on 7/4/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Why do right wingers hate America by wanting to turn this country into a 3rd world country?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'll never understand why people continue to have dissected brain functioning when it comes to politics and chose to label themselves left/right, blue/red, liberal/conservative, republican/democrat, idiot/dumb-ass...

I sometimes wonder if people really believe and feel the way they do because they DO, or because they feel the need to stick up for the team they chose whether it be the red team or the blue team...

Its like professional sports fans, some identify with teams for the most absurd of reasons, then defend and stand behind their teams for the most of absurd reasons all because they got a NY Yankees hat when they were 5 from a person they thought highly of...and they live in Texas...suddenly they became a lifelong NY Yankees fan for no logical or rational reason...and they will defend it probably until they die

This is what I think of most people identifying themselves with either side of the political spectrum...

Reality is most people are probably all over the political spectrum, sometimes they are liberal sometimes they are conservative sometimes and it depends on the context of the situation which way they lean, unfortunately this is something frowned upon in the political zone, they call it being wishy-washy or uncertain or lack of principal etc...so people to avoid being wishy-washy pick a side and stick with it, even when it makes no rational or logical sense to do so...

so to answer the OP's question (finally) liberals and progressives "hate" America and its "symbols" just about as much as conservatives and traditionalists "hate" America and its symbols...

We could go back to segregation or even slavery if you like because that would be the traditional non progressive thing to do, it would also be very conservative because the amount of money we would save doing so...maybe we can make it illegal for women to vote again to simplify the voting process which was also another great tradition of this country...

When people stop thinking one approach is universally 100% always better than the other they will realize the nonsense in making any declaration that they are left/right, blue/red, liberal/conservative, republican/democrat, idiot/dumb-ass..

hope this answered some of your questions OP...

enjoy your 4th...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
At least be honest about your beliefs, libs none stop try to change the very foundation of our country to make it more like their supposed commy eutopia examples, china ,russia...... but if any single oe of those countries are so much better than this country, go there. Stop trying to increase the size of our .gov, only small .gov can make you free, large.gov can only trample peoples rights. There is not one single case in world history, where a .gov getting bigger didn't trample those self same people they caim to be expanding the .gov to protect.

Libs live in a fantasy world, guided by their burning hearts,where reality is not important, their vision of how life should be is important. conservatives live in the real world guided by logic, seeing the world as it is, not as they think it should be, thus the constant dissagreement.

As prof of concept I offer the following.....

A man goes to work, he makes the same amount as the guy next to him at the T.V. factory, no matter his skill level, no matter how well he does his job. This is the communist dream, where all men are created equal. The problem is though, that production always suffers under a communist system.

A man goes to work, he makes more than the guy n.ext to him because out of the 100 t.V.s that they will both make today. The 1st man has 99 functional units, the second guy only makes 23 working units a day. The first guy is obviously either more skilled or more competent, so he should make more to ensure he keeps mking 99 functional units a day, otherwise, why would he work any harder than the guy making 23?

This is the fatal flaw to all forms of comunism, they don't reward hard work, or reward those with higher levels of technical skills, so the system itself destroys itself, when everyone realises, why should I work harder for the same pay? Exactly, nobody would do that. The only method that exists that can make a man want to work harder than the guy next to him, is capitalism. Where the first guy is more valuable, thu worth more, thus should get more.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The founding fathers were progressives. ALL of our great presidents were progressives (many Republicans, by the way).

I am a progressive, and I can tell you that I love my country very much. What I hate is the treasonous Confederacy and the modern neo-Confederates who call themselves Republicans but really want to turn this country back to the 19th century. They are the ones who misuse our national symbols and demand obedience to their worship. I salute the flag because I love it, not because I am told I must worship it to be an American. When I am pushed to false patriotism, I rebel. Just like our founding fathers did.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Nothing like tossng a hand grenade into a room and seeing the destruction it causes.

Liberals and conservatives just have different solutions for the current ills.

Conservatives want to bring happiness and joy, while liberals want to raise Satan, destroy America, and peek up the Statue of Liberty's skirt.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Man, I don't know what I like more, your avatar, or your take on most things. Either way, I thought your words were both inspirational, and entertaining.

Oh and republicans, are not right wing extremists, any more than libs are brain dead hippies.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by reddwhite
reply to post by beezzer

Man, I don't know what I like more, your avatar, or your take on most things. Either way, I thought your words were both inspirational, and entertaining.

Oh and republicans, are not right wing extremists, any more than libs are brain dead hippies.

Thank you.

I personally enjoy the back-and-forth between the two ideologies. And I just can't help but pushing buttons every once and a while.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
progressive politicians hate the constitution, because it limits the power they seek over the people.
the democrat party has been taken over by these progressive politicians.
democrat voters are ignorant of this fact. and blindly vote for the because of tradition, or because they are easily persuaded by the emotional propaganda these tyrants constantly bombard them with.

"so you want sick people to die"
"so you want children to die"
"so you don't want children to eat"
"so you don't want children to have an education"
just a few examples of common progressive one liners they use to smash their opponents over the head with to end the debate.

having said that, establishment republicans are complicit in the attacks on the constitution. going along to get along. even leading the way sometimes.

we must elect people who are passionate about values laid out in our constitution. plain and simple.
true conservatives and libertarians. not just people who talk a good game, but people who are truly passionate about freedom, liberty, and pure capitalism. not crony capitalism.

this disease we have in our once free society will take many years to destroy. taking the easy way out is cowardice and unamerican. stop taking handouts, stop bending over in front of the tyrants, who promise something that never works.

vote conservative

no mitt romney is not a conservative, but he is not a progressive tyrant either.
barack obama steps on the constitution every chance he gets.

vote the constitution........

new topics

top topics

join