It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Twilight Zone Marathon Day!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Today & New Years Day when SyFy totally redeems itself as a channel & just plays The Twilight Zone all day & night! What are some of your favorite classic episodes? Is anyone watching today?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm always hoping I'll catch one I haven't seen before.

Booo! Now I don't want to go swimming at the State Park with the family in 100 degree weather, I want to lay on the on cool, comfy couch watching Twilight Zone.

I think I'm starting to feel sick...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oh yeah! In my 50 years on this planet, I have seen every Twilight Zone there is, multiple times. Rod Serling was THE MAN. His writing and ability to spin a story that is intriguing, fascinating, and sometimes disturbing is unmatched.

Many of those episodes are a unique window into the fears and uncertainties of the Cold War Era, while highlighting human foibles which as still pertinent today.

I just saw one of my favorites, "100 Yards Over The Rim", in which the battered, tired guy in the wagon train with a son dying of pneumonia goes over a sandy rim to try and locate water, and goes 125 years into the future. They have some good ones coming up, real classics....Such as when timid bank clerk Burgess Meredith goes into a bank vault during his lunch hour to read, only to survive an atomic blast, and then when he finds the library, his thick glasses break. Oh, the irony! "Time Enough At Last" is the episode name.

There are so many, and they are done so well. The half hour episodes are the best. There are a few that are okay when they went to an hour, but the half hour format forced the writers to focus and the pace is brisk.

My absolute favorite is one I never seem to catch on these marathons. It is a comedic piece starring the incomparable Buster Keaton as a laboratory janitor from the 1890s who ends up in the modern world thanks to a very goofy time-travel helmet, complete with sparklers on the sides. He was funny and could take a pratfall like a pro up until his sudden death in 1966.

We're too far away from family or friends to do anything but hide inside from the heat today. We've both seen our share of fireworks, and so today is a day to enjoy the Twilight Zone marathon. Always time well spent.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Love the show, loved when it came out when I was kid. Don't forget the Outer Limits. It is amazing how many great actors and actresses got there start on that show.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So awesome! So I've had my dvr recording all day & I've got 20 episodes recorded & it's recording Nightmare At 20,000 Feet right now. One of my all time favs.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

Nightmare at 20,000 feet, huh? You might like this little reference, the quality is pretty bad, but I think it's still funny:

edit on 7/4/2012 by SaulGoodman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join