It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shamir, the gem that cuts stone!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
When king Solomon was building the temple to house the ARK he was ordered by the Lord to cut the stones without hammers or noise!

Being an adept in magical practices he summoned various spirits and questioned them if they knew of a way this could be accomplished. Eventually after some time one of the spirits declared that an apostate named Sahr might possess this knowledge.

King Solomon ordered the attendance of Sahr and questioned him about this. Sahrs answer was that he knew of the existence of a blue/green gem called the Shamir that could accomplish this but he did not know where to find this gem. All was not lost however because Sahr knew of a strategy to find the stone.

He ordered that an eagles nest should be found and that whilst the mother was away the eggs were to be carefully placed in a strong glass jar and left in the nest for the mothers return. Upon returning and seeing that her eggs were in a jar the mother first tried to break the jar open with her beak without success. The eagle then flew off and sometime later returned with a small stone in her beak. It was the legendary Shamir stone and upon placing the stone on the jar it cut the jar open to release the eggs.

Legends say that king Solomon had this stone mounted in a gold ring. To cut a stone the Shamir had to be simply placed next to the gem. It was said the stone would disintegrate under the gaze of this stone and for this reason it had to be kept in a small lead box as a jar would simply burst.

The gem is described as being like a worm in that it would literally eat its way through almost any material.
Legends also state that Moses knew of the existence of such a stone and he used it to engrave the ten commandments into stone tablets. Moses was the son of a pharaoh and was privy to the secret teachings of the priests of Egypt.

www.jjkent.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

In the masonic heirlook Bible there is an esoteric question and answer section. One of the questions is "what is insect shermah?" The answer given is that it is a type of worm that was used to cut and polish the stones used to build Solomon's Temple.

The above is particularly interesting if you compare this legend with those in south America :

“Talking of birds, all through the Peruvian and Bolivian Montana is to be found a small bird like a kingfisher, which makes its nest in neat round holes in the rocky escarpment above the river. These holes can plainly be seen, but are not usually accessible, and strangely enough they are found only where the birds are present. I once expressed surprise that they were lucky enough to find nesting-holes conveniently placed for them, and so neatly hollowed out - as though with a drill.
"They make the holes themselves." The words were spoken by a man who had spent a quarter of a century in the forests. "I've seen how they do it, many a time. I've watched, I have, and seen the birds come to the cliff with leaves of some sort in their beaks, and cling to the rock like woodpeckers to a tree while they rubbed the leaves in a circular motion over the surface.”

Journey to the Lost City of Z, Colonal Fawcett page 75-77
In both legends this knowledge to cut stone is attributed to birds who naturally know of a plant or stone which can literally cut stone!

This thread is linked to the following thread posted by skjalddis : www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-7-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

That's interesting how the legend links (in a sense) to the Percy Fawcett story. I'm working on a thread at the moment about how the ancient Peruvians (and others) used this method for joining massive blocks combined with acoustic levitation. I'm thinking I should work on something else now

I've heard of the Shamir stone, but hadn't actually researched it. Thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So far it sounds to me like the gem a psychophysical manifestation of the fourth and fifth chakras.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

But I think that's just it. The spiritual/psychic link with the physical, and the intertwining of the two are very important. Solomon was a stone mason, and understood that numbers, and mathematics were the key to the Universe. Everything is related and connected at least in a spiritual sense, whether the key is used for work or life. I'm not the most versed in Solomon though, but the other masons on here are.

The sages, however, read it to mean either a magical rock-cutting worm, or a magical rock-cutting herb.
LINK

edit on 4/7/12 by Stonesplitter because: add link

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Lux

there is a picture of the Shamir worm on the page linked below. It aint a gem or bird spit
However it is an incredibly potent dynamic worm of energy able to do the tasks laid out above. I have seen it go through concrete and granite with ease, could not stop it when I first started.

It does go through just about anything as I have shown. It can also write in stone by engraving (vaporization) or by glazing (vitrification). Pictures of samples are on my Facebook albums.

Photo of the Shamir Worm

Regards

Chris

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Is it possible that this gem is not really a gem but rather something like the wind, a device akin to pressure cutter perhaps?

Quezalcoatl is associated with green gems/stones and taught man to mine them from the Earth. He also was associated with the serpent which can be interpreted, or misinterpreted, as a worm or rather a wyrm.

IDK maybe I have read the Dune series too many times

PS

Thanks for posting, I really enjoy your threads.
edit on 2-8-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Lux

It think you are getting your myths and metaphors mixed up. Moses did not use a gem to cut other stones or to inscribe in the Tablets of the Decalog. According to the Talmudic scholars he used the ''finger of god''.

The later legend and the cutting of stones for Solomon's Temple comes from the Arab legend. This mentions the Shamir that had been taken by the Samur who lived in the mountains west of Jerusalem. There is a load of nonsense (myth) about Hoppoe birds carrying the shamir back, but there are an army of guys using them to cut the stones. They are in fact the devices I describe in the Ark Manual, which as far as I know is the ONLY book that tells you how to make an Ark and perform the miracles of the OT.

By virtue of the backward link from Solomon, who had incidentally lost possession of the Shamir, the silent masons were called apon again to use the same device to quitely cut the stones for the Temple. Funny that a king had to keep the noise down whilst building it. It does not say much for his divine right as king.

Anyway as the Shamir was used there to cut stones silently and inscribe in the tablets of the Ark, one can combine the traits and get an idea as to what it was used for and how potent it was. The Finger of God is also pictured in the Ark Manual, the Shamir worm sat on the tip of the finger and was the cutting part of the device.

Adobe walls would be easy to knock down as would lighting burning bushes. With a power rating of 10-20MW per sq meter it is easy to understand how the device can go hroguh just about anything. IT is also easy to grasp why it was so revered in antiquity. There are countless examples of these devices still on display in the museums. So many in fact that local antiques markets still sell the ancient technology (admittedly not as potent as the shamir) but the same tool all the same.

As for the best of the rest:
Sound requires energy to generate, it would be more efficient to use the ancient percussive device directly.
Bird spit, whilst a nice idea it would take a flock or two of irds to generate that much acid, tho possible.
Gems, well thats just magic
Hammerstones and chisels don't exactly add up to silent accurate cutting.

Which leaves the shamir with a real working mechanic based on simple science. Anyone can build one if they follow the instructions in the Ark Manual.

Good luck with the rest

Regards

Chris

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Lux

Funniest of the rest

it would be really nice to find a worm or any other critter that could munch its way through granite. When you find one let me know

Chris

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

A gem cutting rock like a worm? Maybe this shamir was an ancient drill? And since the Shamir is blue it could be a type of diamond.
edit on 3-8-2012 by RimDaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by secretsofthesunsects

I made it clear that it was not an actual worm but was likened to a worm because of the way it would eat through an object. Looked at your photo and looks to me that you think the worm was focused sunlight...I don't agree, try cutting through rock with it!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

I made it clear that it was not an actual worm but was likened to a worm because of the way it would eat through an object. Looked at your photo and looks to me that you think the worm was focused sunlight...I don't agree, try cutting through rock with it!

Focused light? You mean a laser beam right? A hot enough laser beam could(in hypothesis) cut through rock while making no sounds.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

judaicseminar.org...

From the time of the Temple destruction the shamir has become annulled (m. Sotah 9:5)

Seems to me that it is a stone of similarity to lodestone or magnets that is, in the same way a magnet can be demagnetised the shamir loses whatever power it has, it becomes annulled.

Or it was a gift which was not respected and so removed.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Lux

doesn't that look like a worm to you. If you have not experimented with sun dishes one would think that the beam would go to a point. In reality it creates something like this.

'.I don't agree, try cutting through rock with it!'

You don't have to agree or disagree I have already done this many times. In the first tests I carried out I was trying to create the vitrified stones, glazing rocks. It worked pretty well apart from the fact the rocks fractured almost instantly. Took a while to work out how to control the fractures/cuts. There are pics on my FB albums.

This page shows the bits and pieces, but the full detail is pages long and is mapped out in the Ark Manual
Stone Cutting Techniques of the OT

Fortunately there are a few hints in the OT on how to use these devices, otherwise it would have taken me ages to inscribe or write in stone.

Funny how Mo asks for all the ladies of the Exodus to hand up their mirrors, hmm I wonder if it is connected? Maybe it is as the Rabbis say a call from vanity. They really did have a magic gem or a steel toothed worm

You can understand why this would be kind of sensitive info, might even be appropriate for this forum.

Regards

Chris

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by LUXUS

Focused light? You mean a laser beam right? A hot enough laser beam could(in hypothesis) cut through rock while making no sounds.

Not in theory Kora, in fact. Laser beams do not actually deliver as much heat or energy as these old dishes. They are much more effective at the brute work. Lasers are better at the fine detail, tho a small sun dish is pretty good at that too.

Regards

Chris

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: secretsofthesunsects

This weekend Chris Jordan will be describing how the Ark of the Covenant worked on Where Did the Road Go. Its broadcast on Saturday night and rebroadcast on Dark Matter Radio on Sunday night.

Where Did the Road Go Radio Show

It says they are giving away free copies of the book below during the live broadcasts on Saturday and Sunday if anyone wants to try the tech out.

The Ark of the Covenant Operations Manual

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I love it when someone posts something I should know (from all the stuff I have read) but don't.

Seems like the shamir could come in handy as part of any toolbox.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I love this kind of stuff and agree with the posted on the beams of light. I have read of this before and it seems this would include the story of Archimedes and burning ships with a beam of light. There are numerous stories in history about beams of light taking out armies and ships.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hi Sky

originally posted by: Skyfloating
I love it when someone posts something I should know (from all the stuff I have read) but don't.

Seems like the shamir could come in handy as part of any toolbox.

I don't know how handy a shamir would be when its cloudy n there's a black n decker lying around

This guy seems to be testing out the efficacy of these devices and coming up with explanations of the Exodus feats of Moses. He describes how it all works and anyone can do it on this youtube video

Ark Operations Manual Webcast

Its fun, I don't think he even buys the Moses story, just seems to think its all borrowed from earlier times in Egypt.

Will

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hi Vasa

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I love this kind of stuff and agree with the posted on the beams of light. I have read of this before and it seems this would include the story of Archimedes and burning ships with a beam of light. There are numerous stories in history about beams of light taking out armies and ships.

Yep its all about beams of light and hot stones. There is a freeby paper on the Archimedes Mirrors on Jordan's site. There are limits on the distance a two meter sized mirror can throw a beam. I think the scholars from the middle ages complain about it. Jordan suggests the burning boat is a red herring at great distances with a single mirror. It doesn't stop a lot of other stuff being practical tho, as you say. There's loads on this stuff here Burning Mirrors and Arks or in the show link I posted above.

Don't know why the Ark tricks are such a big mystery if this guy can do them easy enough.

Will

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a rock cutting worm.

a fanned, high powered lazer beam would appear as a worm on the rock, the worm eating its way through the rock.

a weapon or industrial tool from the first civilization here. you could easily see how it would become a religious relic.

If you spend 3-4 generations in a hollowed out cave, and i come show you a lazer. there is no way that you can comprehend what you are seeing other than equating it to things you know -- worms.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join