It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IRS gets audited! (This may also make you furious.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The IRS gets audited! (This may also make you furious.)

[color=gold]by Chelsea Schilling 13 hours ago

Federal employees are blowing the whistle on the Internal Revenue Service, according to a report by Indianapolis television station WTHR-TV.
[color=gold]...
The Center for Immigration Studies reports that in the 2010 tax year alone, more than 3 million returns were filed with ITINs. Approximately 2.3 million paid no federal income taxes and also collected a cumulative $4 billion in tax refunds.

ITIN's are for illegal aliens and their dependents

Antelis said he told his managers about the false information, but they told him to approve the applications anyway.
[color=gold]...
“I’ve been working for the federal government for 23 years and I signed an ethical standard of conduct when I went to work that says if you see fraud, you need to report it,”
[color=gold]...
“We’ve seen sometimes 10 or 12 dependents, most times nieces and nephews, on these tax forms,” a tax preparer-turned-whistleblower told WTHR News. “The more you put on there, the more you get back.”

“Here’s a return right here: we’ve got a $10,300 refund for nine nieces and nephews.”

“We’re getting an $11,000 refund on this tax return. There’s seven nieces and nephews,” he said, pointing to another set of documents. “I can bring out stacks and stacks. It’s just so easy it’s ridiculous.”

So, I give lots credit for the large quote... (for those that don't want to click around the links)

I don't know about you all (readers) but this makes me furious as I close my eyes and imagine all those years that I lived in California... Watching these muthas driving new cars and laughing with their [color=gold]gold teef.

I'd ask myself (and sometimes them), "How in the heck can they afford a new $20,000 car? With $2,000 stereo system?"

The usual response was that it was shared between family members and they all pooled money to pay.
At $6-$7 an hour. Manual labor.

Not just Mexicans. Philipino's I'm sure as well... Just WOW.

I want ALL my taxes back NOW!!!

Worthless government strikes again. They harassed and abused my credit report with two liens when I told them to keep the $50 refund that I had coming... (but I didn't file ... not filing and telling them to keep the change makes them file a report saying that you paid $0 and owe $1200 that was already paid taxes !)

I'm off to explode some things and celebrate that our country had Nationally Endorsed Freedom at one point.
I'm trying to keep more upbeat this Independence Day.
edit on 7·4·12 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/4/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Proper EX tags placed.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
You only do not file if there is no W2 or 1099 filed on you. Otherwise you file. You can go to jail for not filing. But if you do not have any forms filed on you then you can get away with never filing.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
But its a "voluntary tax" remember?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'm guessing that replies are minimal as people just stew in fury over this...

OR they are hiding because the JIG IS UP... On to the next gov't scam/free lunch.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
I'm guessing that replies are minimal as people just stew in fury over this...

OR they are hiding because the JIG IS UP... On to the next gov't scam/free lunch.

It is an outrage and we are stewing for sure.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It's disgusting for sure.
My husband works with a woman who informed him of her large tax refund, something like $10,000. He asked her how she got so much back and she told him she claims her three children and all the family pets as dependents. Worse than that is the fact that she was shameless in her admission.

top topics

join